Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The #1 Dj in the world!!!! Period!!!!!!

Guest saleen351

A good starting point would be his mix album Nucleuz presents The lizard man Mauro Picotto.It's on AG it has two discs,sweet and salty,it's a couple of years old but it's cool.It has my favourite track by him on it Megamind-Taub,if you don't download any other track get this one.

"Your next stop the twilight zone" BOSH BOSH BOSH :D

i dunno picotto's shit is pretty hit 'n miss IMO

his trance shit (does he still spin trance?) is ok, i'd say def above average compared to other DJs at the time....got a couple of live sets maybe '98 - '01. But whoever said this guy is the king of techtrance i dunno about that.....he can get pretty progressive from what i've heard, he drops jose amnesia, dumonde and all that pvd anthemy stuff pretty often in his trance sets. his own shit is pretty prog/anthem too like save a soul and his shit with m. piu. but that was then i dunno what he's been doing over the past year, year and a half or so.

his techno sets on the other hand are straight up banging....some times TOO banging and clanky for my tastes, but oh well.

same with his production stuff.....hit 'n miss. some of the techno stuff is a bit boring at times but other times its gets nice and funky. i dunno if he's still better known for his trance stuff but in that genre he's put out quite a few hits and remixes like iguana and the like....i'd say he probably makes way more money w/ that than w/ his techno.

overall his shit is pretty quality....check out lizard man and some of his other full lengths. pretty good stuff.

drOne,that desciption of him is bang on IMO.He's not playing the tech trance he used too anymore,everyone i know wishes he was.He's playing the straight up techno that you described and when he plays it for 6hrs it can get a bit tiresome.I like him but i hadn't seen him live until a year ago,but now i've seen him for five 6hr sets and 3 other times,i think i've overkilled on him.

Couldnt agree more with you guys...he used to be my fav...played a unique and interesting blend of bangers, trance and techno. Now, he's pretty much all techno. Some of it is good, but for me it was alllll about Lizard, Iguana, and Komodo. His new single gives us fans of his old sound hope though....BACK TO CALI.

Fliz

Originally posted by starshaped

drOne,that desciption of him is bang on IMO.He's not playing the tech trance he used too anymore,everyone i know wishes he was.He's playing the straight up techno that you described and when he plays it for 6hrs it can get a bit tiresome.I like him but i hadn't seen him live until a year ago,but now i've seen him for five 6hr sets and 3 other times,i think i've overkilled on him.

so now its straight up ADATT (all drums all the time)? adam beyer/marco carola type shit? his older techno was a bit more spunky i dunno. not that i don't like the drummy shit but i can only listen to rino cerrone and gaetano parisio for so long.... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by bsb2002

I'd recommend Fergie to you Picotto fans (his Headliners CD was cool), particularly if you preferred Mauro in his earlier, more accessible phase. Not really my thing, but they are both solid DJs for that style.

The last I've heard of that guy....1999-2000 maybe, he was spinning really REALLY bad hard house. But now I heard he spins trance which I can't comment on since I haven't heard him since then.

I'd recommend Fergie to you Picotto fans (his Headliners CD was cool), particularly if you preferred Mauro in his earlier, more accessible phase. Not really my thing, but they are both solid DJs for that style.

sorry but...ARE YOU ON CRACK?!

The only similarity between Fergie and Mauro Picotto is that they both play bangin tunes.Fergie might play the odd Picotto tune or something like Joyenergizer but that's it,the sound is completely different.

Drone,Obviously not a fan of hardhouse then,cos in 1999-200 Fergie was the KING of it.Unfortunatly last time i saw him about six months ago he was playing a lot like Judge Jules,a mixture of hardhouse,trance & techno,a bit less cheesy though.If you want to know where he's at check out his show on Radio1 this Friday cos he is doing a live set.It's on at 11pm GMT but from Monday you can listen to any of the radio1 shows anytime you want on the revamped website.