Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Corelation Between Success and Intelligence...

i personally think its self motivation that makes u succesful...u can be the smartest person in the world and never make anything of yourself.

i duno how many of u know that guy Ben Works who sometimes appears on CNN as a correspondent...i know the guy...he went to Yale...genius....lives in a room in Long Island City..cluttered with newspapers and all types of shit...it seems that as smart as he is...he never motivated himself to become succesful

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded it's almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is filled educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

well im just saying... the more successful individuals i encounter, the less intelligent they seem... thats all... i could be dead wrong... if im speaking generally, but im speaking from my experience...

Originally posted by dgmodel

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded it's almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is filled educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

absolutely!!! my dad used to have that quote hangin in my house when i was a tot...i couldn't agree more.

But now thats i've recognized it, i need to find a way to FORCE myself to motivate....:confused: any suggestions?

tons of suggestions...

i stapled money to my ceiling above my bed... this way when i wake up its the first thing i see... and the last when i go to bed...

take pics of all the shit you want with either you in them or near them or holding them.. .and put them all over your desk at work in your bathroom, in your locker at the sports club, in car, on your mirror, in your closet... write down short term goals... like what you expect to accomplish within the next year... then three then five... vividly with many adjectives... read it every morning... just remember to keep it within reason... cause if you fail to meet these goals it will discourage you... look around you, see what successful ppl do, how they go about doing it... and ask yourself before you do anything... would successful ppl be doing what i am about to do... just some lil things i do... hope it helps...

another thing to dwell upon would be motives. why is someone doing what they're doing, sometimes people become successful for the wrong reasons, intelligent or not, others go to great lengths to be intelligent for their own satisfaction, as a personal goal, to ensure that they're life is progressing in a forward direction... one way or another whatever you decide to strive for, be it money, knowledge, recognition or whatever, everyones situation will be in some way different from yours, i believe the ultimate outcome is being comfortable in your own skin.. whether when you reflect on what you've done in your life and determine if it satisfies you, and that satisfication is what i believe people should strive for, for some it's money, for me ... well that's personal ;)