Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Starscape Review

Plans kinda got switched around right off the bat so I ended up taking the trip with Cintron down to Starscape.

First part of the trip takes us through Jersey. That state absolutely stinks. Once we get over the GW the smell sets in. First it starts stinking like burning chemicals. Then it started smelling like rotting shrimp. Then it started smelling like a sewage treatment plant with that ever so friendly vagrance of methane that Jersey people must be used to by now. Then it started smelling like licorice.....thats right folks, like I opened up a bottle of Sambuca. Not to mention it was dirty and the cops were everywhere plucking people left and right. Its like New York farted the smell stayed over Jersey. I feel bad for the people that live there, now I know why I smell 10 pounds of cologne every time someone from Jersey is around me. The worst part of the entire trip was knowing I'd have to go through Jersey again one the way back.

Oh yeah, Starscape........Best layout I've ever seen at a party, we were right on the bay in Baltimore. The music wasn't A grade, but it was damn good. My highlights were DJ Mia, Feelgood (which I saw at Limelight and thought wasn't anything special but impressed me at Starscape), and Scott Henry. There were other tents with djs laying down nice beats.....house, dnb/jungle, two step, psy trance, and experimental. Very friendly crowd down there in Baltimore.

Saw a few CP peeps down there......along with cintron there was joeg, brickhouse, xpander, hacker, hoke, wideskies, and whoever I missed, I'm sorry....the Jersey smell has affected my memory.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

[b. Its like New York farted the smell stayed over Jersey. I feel bad for the people that live there, now I know why I smell 10 pounds of cologne every time someone from Jersey is around me. The worst part of the entire trip was knowing I'd have to go through Jersey again one the way back.

.....I'm sorry....the Jersey smell has affected my memory.

AHAHAHAH WTF :laugh: Jon I cannot stop laughin.

Sounds like a good time :)

Now I am waiting for July 3rd......keep me posted buddy :bounce:

Starscape... where do I even begin?

Well first off we had the most ridiculous time getting there. Forces conspired against all of us to deny us first the opportunity to get there, then the means to get there, and finally the means to pay for shit when we were there.

From conflicting events to transportation problems, lost wallets, misplaced cash, God it was a MESS.

But it was worth everything.

Starscape was a Fresh new Start that a lot of us New Yorkers have been dying to experience. There was SO MUCH THERE!!! I can't even begin to describe it because i'm still overwhemed and confused and trying to sort what happened in my head. My body wanted to split into three people and be at different parts of the party at the same time. My feet protested the innanely torturous treatment i was giving them. My throat screamed for more water at a buck apiece (and to keep starting up nice convos with the hot water bottle girls). My consciousness screamed for more Xenadrine.

Oh and I just Screamed. All Night. Period.

THe music was great - lots of diversity, tricks and methods being shown. The DJ's were ALL into it - not just bobbing their heads but waving up and down, throwing records up in the air (Yeah FeelGood!) and laying down AWESOME echoed vocals over their own tracks (enter DJ Mea, you little hottie you).

Honestly this party was a dream come true. It exceeded all my expectations and i got to experience the true difference between "Clubkids" and "Partykids".

I like Partykids :) Speaking of which omg, the VIBE!!!!!

THE VIBE WAS INSANE. EVERYONE SMILED. NO DRAMA.

COPS WERE DANCING ON STAGE!!!!!!!!!1

This WASN"T new york. You could talk to anybody. People asked how you were doing. THEY CHARGED NORMAL PRICES FOR EVERYTHING.

YOU COULD BRING A FUCKING TENT AND A HIBACHI IF YOU WANTED.

I was in heaven. The music was great - Not always banging all the time, sometimes left me wishing there was more, but that's what you get at parties. Variety for both good and bad. I don't regret a sweat-soaked minute of ANY of it.

And Above all else, as said by my friend Jim:

"Nothing is more beautiful than the Sun rising over a junk-barge.":D

[fuck you man that was an island, not a barge].

HEYYY FUUUCK YOU WE"RE FROM NEW YORK!!!! REPRESENT CP BABY :) Next Year is going to be even better. To all who missed it, we missed you.

Perhaps next year will bring even better things for everyone. Until then i'll just remember this year:

Hoke, Joeyg, Jonstephen, Brickhouse, Hacker, Xpander and Wideskies... all of us dancing in a field under the stars, screaming. :) Or mabye that screaming was mostly coming from me?:finger: Yeah it was ;)

so glad you guys had a great time while I was stuck at work in DIRTY JERSEY ;) Feelgood is the man, heard and met him several times..... heard Henry at BOO and he was awesome as well.... did anyone bring a camera??? glad you got to go to a big event where it didn't rain!!!! hehe rest up for Tuesday my boys, rest up...

Originally posted by cintron

Starscape was a Fresh new Start that a lot of us New Yorkers have been dying to experience.

That absolutely 100% sums up the weekend for me. Starting at Buzz and ending at Starscape... everybody who was with me will attest that I could NOT stop raving about the music...

"OH MY FUCKING GOD! IT'S DIFFERENT!"

"NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT NEW YORK!"

The sound of Cintron screaming "FUCK NEW YORK!" still echoes in my ears like the aria of a world-class opera singer. :D

And ditto everything that's been said about the atmosphere. Cops dancing. Cops dancing! Amazing.

I missed Starscape this year because we went to NYC for the Roxy reopening. Wish I could have been there.

The atmosphere in DC and Baltimore is so much cooler than NY.

When you are at Buzz everyone talks to everyone. No one is trying to put on the front of too cool club kid. Everyone is there to party and have a good time. I have been there many times and have always met cool people. It is the best to have a complete stranger look at you and know exactly what you need in that moment.

Also, drinks are $5 instead of $10, water is $1 instead of $5. Nuf said.

I am not sayin that NY is not rockin, cause we had a blast. I have never seen kids party so late. SF is open until 3pm!!

Originally posted by cintron

Starscape... where do I even begin?

Well first off we had the most ridiculous time getting there. Forces conspired against all of us to deny us first the opportunity to get there, then the means to get there, and finally the means to pay for shit when we were there.

From conflicting events to transportation problems, lost wallets, misplaced cash, God it was a MESS.

But it was worth everything.

Starscape was a Fresh new Start that a lot of us New Yorkers have been dying to experience. There was SO MUCH THERE!!! I can't even begin to describe it because i'm still overwhemed and confused and trying to sort what happened in my head. My body wanted to split into three people and be at different parts of the party at the same time. My feet protested the innanely torturous treatment i was giving them. My throat screamed for more water at a buck apiece (and to keep starting up nice convos with the hot water bottle girls). My consciousness screamed for more Xenadrine.

Oh and I just Screamed. All Night. Period.

THe music was great - lots of diversity, tricks and methods being shown. The DJ's were ALL into it - not just bobbing their heads but waving up and down, throwing records up in the air (Yeah FeelGood!) and laying down AWESOME echoed vocals over their own tracks (enter DJ Mea, you little hottie you).

Honestly this party was a dream come true. It exceeded all my expectations and i got to experience the true difference between "Clubkids" and "Partykids".

I like Partykids :) Speaking of which omg, the VIBE!!!!!

THE VIBE WAS INSANE. EVERYONE SMILED. NO DRAMA.

COPS WERE DANCING ON STAGE!!!!!!!!!1

This WASN"T new york. You could talk to anybody. People asked how you were doing. THEY CHARGED NORMAL PRICES FOR EVERYTHING.

YOU COULD BRING A FUCKING TENT AND A HIBACHI IF YOU WANTED.

I was in heaven. The music was great - Not always banging all the time, sometimes left me wishing there was more, but that's what you get at parties. Variety for both good and bad. I don't regret a sweat-soaked minute of ANY of it.

And Above all else, as said by my friend Jim:

"Nothing is more beautiful than the Sun rising over a junk-barge.":D

[fuck you man that was an island, not a barge].

HEYYY FUUUCK YOU WE"RE FROM NEW YORK!!!! REPRESENT CP BABY :) Next Year is going to be even better. To all who missed it, we missed you.

Perhaps next year will bring even better things for everyone. Until then i'll just remember this year:

Hoke, Joeyg, Jonstephen, Brickhouse, Hacker, Xpander and Wideskies... all of us dancing in a field under the stars, screaming. :) Or mabye that screaming was mostly coming from me?:finger: Yeah it was ;)

Very cool review, Cintron. Pretty much says it all. Too bad we didnt meet up. The only person i remember meeting was Xpander - nice to meet you, bro. You guys should come down more often for Ultraworld parties - they are always very well organized and lots of fun. the next one is in October, i think. Glad you liked the crowd - we try to keep it drama free.