Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How much do top DJs, like Vicious, Tenaglia, JP make

I'm curious, how much do you think these top DJs like Vicious, Tenaglia, JP, Junior Vazquez make the night they DJ. Paul Oakenfield is the highest paid DJ in the world. He actually gets 20,000 dollars, where ever he DJs. Thats insane. I wonder how much JV, DT and JP make. Also, how about DJs who are up and coming, like Sean Ink.

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

JP gets 10,000 a night... vicious also asks for 10,000 a night.. JP on theme nights also gets his normal salary plus 5 off of everyone that walks through the door.. shawn ink when he had the residency at sf was getting 1000 a night and for reg normal nights he gets 400

vicious makes 10k a night? fuck it i'm quitting my job right now and buying me some fragma records. peace.

xd

Originally posted by echostar

yeah wtf hes 100% not worth 10k....

Just because *you* don't like him, doesn't mean he's not *worth* the 10k. I personally dont think he's a good DJ either but hell, some people do and that's why he makes the money he does - - Im actually surprised it's not more.

Viscious gets the people into Roxy every weekend. Whether they are there for him or just the actual "scene" is beyond me but if the people come and walk through the door and pay whatever the admission is, of course he's gonna make the money for the night.

It makes perfect sense. The guy has a following so he gets the money. And that goes for every DJ out there. Some of the DJs I like, others may not. But my mere presence, as well as the other followers, gets them paid.

Originally posted by misskittie

Just because *you* don't like him, doesn't mean he's not *worth* the 10k. I personally dont think he's a good DJ either but hell, some people do and that's why he makes the money he does - - Im actually surprised it's not more.

Viscious gets the people into Roxy every weekend. Whether they are there for him or just the actual "scene" is beyond me but if the people come and walk through the door and pay whatever the admission is, of course he's gonna make the money for the night.

It makes perfect sense. The guy has a following so he gets the money. And that goes for every DJ out there. Some of the DJs I like, others may not. But my mere presence, as well as the other followers, gets them paid.

bravo. seriously....what's wrong with making loads of cash out of rich 16 yr olds' parents? absolutely nothing....i gotta get into this....one day i'm gonna be supastar DJ of roxy and Ill be droppiing all the classics by vengaboys and eiffel 65. johnny viscous is cool. does he still have long hair? DJs that look like metalheads rock. he looks like the type of guy i'd be hanging out at a slayer show with. damn i haven't seen slayer in forever....

Hey, all I know is I'd much rather have them little 16 year olds go see Vicious than take up space in Vinyl with their "standing against the wall while they toss their hair back or flex their muscles". :tongue:

And lets think about it....how many DJs out there are seriously old and still spinning. Look at Junior. He's what now? Pushin' 60? If people have a fan base, they're going to keep doing what they love to do and good for them! If I could be makin' the money some of these DJs pull in a night, I sure as hell would do it even if it were for a bunch of candy ravers.

Actually amounts of money made by the DJ'ing public varies.

Usu, from the U.K. front the Higher ups ask for a set salary like rate (x amount per hour etc) but everything is negotiable!!!

It all depends on the Venue, Crowd .. Scene

travel expenses, record releases, promotional costs and whether the venue is a one-off, resedency, ticketed or just sold at the doors.

Theres only one thing left to do " SPECULATE "

Bigger DJ's also have Agents and Managers who recieve a cut and negotiate their price,

it might be better for someone to take a "pay-cut" which alot of DJ's do not like to do, compared lets say someone who was in their place before, in order to fill a resedency and recieve exposure.

As far as "up and comming" as someone in this thread has put it, well its completely up to chance.

Overall the New York market has been terrible Nosferuddy and 9/11 made it even worse (the state of affairs was terrible in 2000/2001 .com failure. ).

In my opinion (and its a very un-educated one) Junior remains NYC's highest payed DJ per-gig followed by Danny T.

But then again this may change at any moment.

= Dennis - My 2 cents.

Originally posted by misskittie

Hey, all I know is I'd much rather have them little 16 year olds go see Vicious than take up space in Vinyl with their "standing against the wall while they toss their hair back or flex their muscles". :tongue:

And lets think about it....how many DJs out there are seriously old and still spinning. Look at Junior. He's what now? Pushin' 60? If people have a fan base, they're going to keep doing what they love to do and good for them! If I could be makin' the money some of these DJs pull in a night, I sure as hell would do it even if it were for a bunch of candy ravers.

damn girl! pushin '60 and playing for candy ravers? wouldn't that make you like, X-Dream or something?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by dr0ne

damn girl! pushin '60 and playing for candy ravers? wouldn't that make you like, X-Dream or something?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol yea, I guess so. But I was sayin' Jr. is pushin 60, I honestly dont see myself livin to that age being Im gonna die at 40 of liver damage. jk - seriously, thats horrible for me to say. :( But you get what I mean on the big picture.

Originally posted by cintron

omg SHUT THE FUCK UP

Is it POSSIBLE to have ONE FUCKING TOPIC where we can actually NOT start a "THIS DJ IS BETTER THAN THAT DJ AND MY CLUB IS BETTER THAN YOURS."

dammit fucking new york is full of whiny ass children.

I hope this was not a reply to my post?

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

actually Paul Oakenfold makes about $25k an hour, well at least thats what he got paid to do the World. PVD was charging the same rate for SF. Sasha and Digweed got much more (not sure of an exact amount)

:eek:

Sasha and digweed got a RIDICULOUS amount to do World a couple or so months back...$80,000 total

Junior gets $40,000 to do exit every saturday

Goes to show u...if u ever do make it to superstar dj status u end up making a shitload of money!