Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How much do top DJs, like Vicious, Tenaglia, JP make

Originally posted by sdeelite

Sasha and digweed got a RIDICULOUS amount to do World a couple or so months back...$80,000 total

Junior gets $40,000 to do exit every saturday

Goes to show u...if u ever do make it to superstar dj status u end up making a shitload of money!

JV gets 40k to do exit are you fucking serious? i wouldn't even think exit made much more than 100k on saturday. most people i know don't even pay to get in.

sdeelite, does Exit make any money, if they pay Junior 40,000 dollars on Saturday. I was at Exit about 4 months ago, when Junior was there. It wasn't that crowded. I dont see how Exit could make a profit, if there paying Junior 40,000 for Saturday.

exit has made money in the past, and i do not know what it does now, especially since i haven't frequented that place in years (for good reason). but as with any super club, if you're charging 20-40 bucks a head depending on nite and situation, plus charging 10 dollars per drink as well as about 7 bucks or so for a bottle of water...you have to be making some money. and remember too exit is opened for many hrs. going from friday into and saturday into sunday, so there is a constant flux of ppl coming and going. just because it was empty during a certain period of time when u were there, doesn't neccesarily mean it was like that for the whole night, plus it's more of a very after hrs. thing on saturdays there because of Junior.

and it's an all cash business...

on top of the fact that the dude that owns exit also owns spa and has some sort of owning partnership in the new club limelight will be when it reopens in the fall. all i know is that this dude is loaded. also add in any unmentionable illegal activities that it seems a lot of club owners and their crew are into...and-well you get the picture. if you do well in this shady business, you DO WELL.

even if Junior isn't getting paid 40 grand he isn't getting paid much less than that I don't think. It's a lot of money no matter what.

theres supposed to be more ppl this sat. (and last sat?) than usual, exit's been sending out tons of free vip passes....like you and 10 friends get in for free or some shit. at least thats what i was told.

I think read somewhere like mixmag or somethin like that that someone like carl cox pulls in 50k per gig whenever he spins for however long friggin long he feels like spinnin...and thats with most of door, percentage of drinks...I think he may be the highest paid but with pvd going for what he is that may change...

I think CC made over 4million last year just off spinning..ibiza must be phukin expensive...i need to get a gig there!

Lets see I wondered about how clubs make money...

2000 people

40$ cover for a good show = $80,000

now each spends average 2 drinks incl water at about avg $8 = $32,000

so just off door and drinks = $112,000 not including expenses...so yeah they can phukin pay a dj 20grand if they want for the night...now how many clubs hold 2000 peeps?

Originally posted by wahoo

I think read somewhere like mixmag or somethin like that that someone like carl cox pulls in 50k per gig whenever he spins for however long friggin long he feels like spinnin...and thats with most of door, percentage of drinks...I think he may be the highest paid but with pvd going for what he is that may change...

I think CC made over 4million last year just off spinning..ibiza must be phukin expensive...i need to get a gig there!

Lets see I wondered about how clubs make money...

2000 people

40$ cover for a good show = $80,000

now each spends average 2 drinks incl water at about avg $8 = $32,000

so just off door and drinks = $112,000 not including expenses...so yeah they can phukin pay a dj 20grand if they want for the night...now how many clubs hold 2000 peeps?

maintaining a club costs ridiculous amounts of money....just on utilities (electric, water, A/C) there's thousands per month. then there's sales tax which im sure they cheat on (how many owners you've heard getting busted for tax evasion....like fucking all of them).

then you forget the most expensive part which is recouping the investment.....if the guy who owns exit actually OWNS the whole fucking building and doesn't lease, i can only begin to imagine how much his property tax must be. plus a space like that must cost millions. then there's the $$$ spent on the sound system, renovations and shit like that....i wouldn't be surprised if its years before they start turning a profit from spending all this money.

i don't think most of them do turn a profit from all the biz.... what a phukin racket...owners need as much money as possible to break even and they go around treating us patrons like shit? whats up wit that?