Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trust

I don't have the energy to deal with people who break my trust. I'm a trustworthy person -- I sincerely hope that my friends feel they can count on me -- so I expect the same from the people I spend time with. If I get jerked around, it's just not worth it to me.

Originally posted by marcid21

I normally only give an inch or two to friends and people that come in and out of my life.....giving them the whole mile is way too much room for them to mess up.

After time, and some experiences with individuals, you get to know them and you develop a sense in which you could either trust them completely, or give up on them entirely.

....once a trust is broken, I think it is possible to get it back. It just depends how much effort you think is worth investing in that particular relationship. For me, it's not an easy thing.

I agree with you... thats exactly how I feel as well..

Originally posted by hoke

I don't have the energy to deal with people who break my trust. I'm a trustworthy person -- I sincerely hope that my friends feel they can count on me -- so I expect the same from the people I spend time with. If I get jerked around, it's just not worth it to me.

that's a good policy, and i wish i could follow it 100% of the time myself.

i trust different people with different things. as i give people more information about myself, i observe how they react to it, what they do with it, whether or not they seem interested in what i have to say... and then decide from that whether to trust them with more.

some people i WANT to trust, and let them have a bit more of 'me' then perhaps they deserve or even want. sometimes, the result is positive, but that is not always the case, unfortunately....

people,

I think trust is something beyond our imagination.

We all seem to go thru similair fases, meaning that we try to expand our emotional bounderies...giving love and warmth to those people who correspond the most to ourselves... or at least seem to.. some people, like me, used to do that very impulsive and got hurt badly, but that seems to be the way we learn and adjust. Look we won't change in general, just getting wiser along the way..atleast the way I handle it. Others will find it harder to deal with and get angry maybe even embittered..but when the storm settles we all fall back to ourselves. And choose for ourselves, just consentrating on our individuality, weither in a relationship/friendship or on our own.

And then when our little emotional battery is charged again we try to give again and go out on another journey in life...that's why I think life is beautifull.

Originally posted by wideskies

that's a good policy, and i wish i could follow it 100% of the time myself.

i trust different people with different things. as i give people more information about myself, i observe how they react to it, what they do with it, whether or not they seem interested in what i have to say... and then decide from that whether to trust them with more.

some people i WANT to trust, and let them have a bit more of 'me' then perhaps they deserve or even want. sometimes, the result is positive, but that is not always the case, unfortunately....

. . . how very true . . I agree wholeheartedly . . . I shield myself quite a bit from the people around me . . I don't really think anyone I know at the moment has gotten a truly "real" glimpse into my ground state . . . it's not that I lie about who I am and what I've done . . I just don't let people into my head most times . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . how very true . . I agree wholeheartedly . . . I shield myself quite a bit from the people around me . . I don't really think anyone I know at the moment has gotten a truly "real" glimpse into my ground state . . . it's not that I lie about who I am and what I've done . . I just don't let people into my head most times . .

i'd say a few of us have had a "GLIMPSE"... but not much more...

;)

no, but seriously... thats probably a good way to go... most people can't handle whatever trust you give them... atleast from what I see... and its only a matter of time before everyone fucks you over... some just last longer than others...

Originally posted by airatomic

u know that not all trust issues involve "fucking over"

there are many other cases in which u lie but not with malicious intent

Ok, that I agree with, and thats actually something I didn't think about too much... but I suppose there IS a difference...

y dont u first put urself into the shoes of that other person and see if u would do the same

that never works... atleast for me... I'm wierd.

cynical, jaded old man prattle --->

you can trust people to do what's in their best interests. expecting more is usually foolish. even with good friends this is true. generally people do nice things for each other because it makes the doer feel good. that doesn't mean that people will go out of their way to screw everyone else over, but you have to ask "why would this person want to help me out? is keeping my trust going to be difficult for them for some reason? am i expecting too much."

even in relationships this is true - if the person wants to stay with you its in their best interests to be trustworthy. if not, they will do something that disappoints you.

look at motive and desire and you can understand most actions people take.

Originally posted by barvybe

cynical, jaded old man prattle --->

you can trust people to do what's in their best interests. expecting more is usually foolish. even with good friends this is true. generally people do nice things for each other because it makes the doer feel good. that doesn't mean that people will go out of their way to screw everyone else over, but you have to ask "why would this person want to help me out? is keeping my trust going to be difficult for them for some reason? am i expecting too much."

even in relationships this is true - if the person wants to stay with you its in their best interests to be trustworthy. if not, they will do something that disappoints you.

look at motive and desire and you can understand most actions people take.

yeah, I was thinking about that... its in our nature to only do whats best for ourselves...

cat: :tongue: