Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Im so ashamed!

shroomy

Why is there always that one song that you just can't help but like but you just don't want anyone to know about it.

Its kind of like that weird girl in HS that was actually fun to be around and fucked like a banshee, she made you smile but you kind of hoped your friends didn't find out about her.

Well right now that song is Playgirl by Ladytron (Monster Mix)

What tune is it that makes you smile but you just wont admit it? Is it that Aqua remix? Blue by Eiffle 69? Come on, tell me, I won't laugh. :laugh2:

Kylie Minogue- Love at First Sight (scumfrog mix)- I've been rocking out to this track for over a month now! I just can't stop.

"everything went from wrong to right, and the stars came up filled up the sky, the music you were playing really blowed my mind........it was love at first sight"

hey, you guys, be fair. you only dislike most of those songs because they got popular. i first heard "rapture" last june on digweed's british radio show, and loved it. i searched for it everywhere for months, and neither record stores (locally or on the 'net around the world) could find it for me, nor had anyone heard of it, till that fall. then, it got huge. i loved it at first, and, ten remixes later, still love it. i love the first mix i heard the best, though, and i still can't find that on vinyl/disc anywhere.

i also heard "lady (hear me tonight)" in october, 2000, at a rave, spun by paul johnson, then didn't hear it again till the next spring/summer, on the radio. but who cares. i loved the song at first, and love it still. just 'cause it got the shit played out of it and everybody and his or her mama loved it, why shouldn't i? i mean, hey, that only shows that they've got good taste ;) .

Originally posted by weyes

hey, you guys, be fair. you only dislike most of those songs because they got popular

Youre jumping to assumptions------->that's not true at all. There are plenty of songs that are popular that I still like. Furthermore, I think people tend to turn on "popular" songs not b/c they are well receieved but merely b/c they are overplayed. You can only hear the same song so many times before it gets monotonous, even the best songs in the world grow stale!

*The reason I'm embarassed about Kylie Minogue- is b/c she's a cheezy fawkin' pop star, and that songs lyrics are as about as deep as a puddle of water.

Originally posted by shroomy

What tune is it that makes you smile but you just wont admit it? Is it that Aqua remix? Blue by Eiffle 69? Come on, tell me, I won't laugh. :laugh2:

It would have to be "Barbie Girl" by Aqua. It's kinda like... MY song. Know what I mean? :laugh:;)

Originally posted by joeygk

.... Furthermore, I think people tend to turn on "popular" songs not b/c they are well receieved but merely b/c they are overplayed.

Very true. It is the overplaying that makes the songs popular. Most people have NO IDEA how they feel about a song when they first hear it. It seems as if they needed to be told to like it or not. I remember playing an old UK Garage CD I have from 2000 that has the Craig David song in it (Fill Me In). My 13 year old brother and his friends thought it was shit until they had heard that song for the umpteenth time on PWR 96. Then Craig David was the shit and his music untouchable :laugh: Put it on heavy rotation and people will like it. No doubt. They'll have no choice. :)

Well right now that song is Playgirl by Ladytron (Monster Mix)

What's wrong with the Ladytron? LOL geez if that is considered embarassing......I'll admit to liking everything I've heard from Ladytron!

Why is there always that one song that you just can't help but like but you just don't want anyone to know about it.

Its kind of like that weird girl in HS that was actually fun to be around and fucked like a banshee, she made you smile but you kind of hoped your friends didn't find out about her.

I will fully admit to liking most Eurodance......it's bouncy and melodic and I'm a sucker for a female vocal. That Perpetuous Dreamer - Sound Of Goodbye track.

It's not dance, but I also admit to liking Alanis......I'm also a sucker for Juliana Hatfield.

Originally posted by joeygk

Youre jumping to assumptions------->that's not true at all. There are plenty of songs that are popular that I still like. Furthermore, I think people tend to turn on "popular" songs not b/c they are well receieved but merely b/c they are overplayed.

that's true as well, but there are a lot of people who succumb to the syndrome i was describing as well. my brother loved david gray's "white ladder" until he heard that other people knew who gray was. and a kid i knew in college only liked the fugees 'cause he thought he had discovered them. once other people started catching on, they got too much mass appeal and therefore weren't "cool enough" for him.

o, and, shroomy, how do you put links to songs, like that?