• Love it
    • Hate it
    • Loved it, Hate it now
    • Hated it, Love it now
    • Loved it....once
    • Don't mind it...every once in a while
    • It is evolving with other genre's.
    • It is a dying sport.

On another note, it's funny that the veterans in the game don't really "care" to listen to trance...it's because they're tired of it. They want something new and with a lower BPM. I've noticed though that the younger generation still has a heavy liking for Trance. You can see the difference in the crowds from Level to Space, not necessarily in looks but in knowledge.:cool:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by wildmiami

Let's keep this one on the subject.:cool:

hate it

YOu should of done this poll differently,

should of been,

Will a trance party at a major club here in south florday do well on a saturday night?

the anwer: Hell fucking no... Fielder has a better chance going to the Hall of Fame then trance saturdays being succesful..

on a side note, the yanks are only .5 games back of the Bosox:eek: :eek: :eek:

I like my trance, I just have a problem with what people are calling "Trance" these days. My definition is that Trance is supposed to be trippy, it's supposed to f**k with your head a bit. I'm just not getting that from what most people are labeling as "trance." It seems to me that "trance" has become a catch-all term people use to label pretty much anything above a certain BPM with a 4/4 beat.

Whereas at one point "trance" had some meaning; in that it referred to a fairly narrow genre that was a trippy, drugged-up bastard child of techno, in my opinion at this point in 2002, "trance" has lost all meaning.

It seems to me that "trance" has become a catch-all term people use to label pretty much anything above a certain BPM with a 4/4 beat.

I think this may be a major cause... But i like trance and i like all the other genres of Dance

"trance" covers a broad field o' music. i like a lot of trance, but not the hard stuff so much, anymore. i've mellowed out as i've gotten older, and i like a lot more house than i used to. it seems to me, as well, that the kids in general seem to like harder stuff than the adults. all this to say that i used to like a broad range of trance and a little bit of house, and now it's more the opposite, i think: a smaller range of trance and a broader range of house. but i'm often confused about genres on the whole :confused: ...

but i choose "evolving."

I don't mind it..every once in a while either. Like most of us here, trance is how it'll all started 4 me back in the days. I still like it, but now I think i can only take it 4 the ENTIRE night if I'm really banged up or in the mood 2 call upon some "memories."

my vote--Evolving with other genres..

Whereas at one point "trance" had some meaning; in that it referred to a fairly narrow genre that was a trippy, drugged-up bastard child of techno, in my opinion at this point in 2002, "trance" has lost all meaning.

Good point. I couldn't of put it better myself. I think the problem with trance now-a-days is that it's too exajurrated. The "trance crowd" is always demanding more. More melodies, harder pounding, anything to keep them "peaking" the whole night long throughout a set.

I think Miami is evolving in music and we're pretty lucky to have all this great talent come on a consistant basis. However, if we don't keep supporting--say the "evolution" of music here & the scene, it will all be gone. So educate yourselves & educate others if you truly enjoy the music.. If we don't keep spreadin the knowledge, it wont get past our age brackett given how trendy our city is... ;)

no offense to anyone but a lot of the people that are saying that they dont' like trance much and that they like to listen to it to reminice are the people that are always talking about PVD and Mauro Piccoto and Tiesto, so i think that a lot of the people here are HUGE trance fans but it seems that they don't want to admit it.

Originally posted by biznation00

Good point. I couldn't of put it better myself. I think the problem with trance now-a-days is that it's too exajurrated. The "trance crowd" is always demanding more. More melodies, harder pounding, anything to keep them "peaking" the whole night long throughout a set.

I honestly don't even know what trance is anymore right now. Case in point, I was dumb enough to visit an AOL chatroom several months ago, one where the people were ostensibly supposed to have some knowledge of electronic music......well, I got into a big, ridiculous argument because I had mentioned that I was listening to Lawler's Nu Breed CD1.......and the people there *insisted* that I was listening to "trance." Man, if Lawler's Nu Breed is considered trance, then I'm really in left field without a glove. I really must have missed something, if that's the case.