Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pvd nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tysk123

...some people like to bitch and are just never satisfied. some of you say that its way better to see these guys spin in europe, miami, ibiza, etc. this makes me wonder, have you actually been to any of these places?

ummm....yes as a matter of fact I have....and the parties there are not only a million times better, but also are half the price, guido-less, and there's always more ROOM to dance...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by legend38

Oh and whoever said PVD is commercial, you are an idiot.

Sorry but...

PVD is commercial!

Not New York City Commercial but Still commecial no matter how you slice it!

But who said commercial is BAD???

Undergrownd and Commercial go hand in hand, people doing undergrownd hope that their music makes the $$$ of bigroom or commercial tracks. Commercial people would love for their music to have the Nueve appeal of underground but they're an institution now.

Speaking of which PVD is an Institution, in US and in Europe... not as big as say, U2 but sill an institution.

- Dennis

Well i want to throw in my 2 cents..it was only my 2nd time @ exit (first being summer madness which was incredible) but I had fun. Yes it was insanly crowded on the bottom floor but to get over that i chilled in the sauna room ( between the balcony 2nd floor i think) for most of PVD's set and other than that it was the white room..i think those 2 places had the most empty space most of the night. But what really blew my mind was Edgar V! I went down ont he dance floor for about the last 45 minutes to an hour and was blown away. Bangin hard trance mixed with some Epic and Uplifting (something im not usally into) and it just rocked. I def want to see him again. I was confused about the end of the night though...what were the fireman doing there and why did Edgar V think he was going to play one last song but then get shut down by security. it was all very confusing. Well thats all i got to say...Id like to visit another nyc club in the future but so far its only been exit...not bad though..not bad at all..

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

Well i want to throw in my 2 cents..it was only my 2nd time @ exit (first being summer madness which was incredible) but I had fun. Yes it was insanly crowded on the bottom floor but to get over that i chilled in the sauna room ( between the balcony 2nd floor i think) for most of PVD's set and other than that it was the white room..i think those 2 places had the most empty space most of the night. But what really blew my mind was Edgar V! I went down ont he dance floor for about the last 45 minutes to an hour and was blown away. Bangin hard trance mixed with some Epic and Uplifting (something im not usally into) and it just rocked. I def want to see him again. I was confused about the end of the night though...what were the fireman doing there and why did Edgar V think he was going to play one last song but then get shut down by security. it was all very confusing. Well thats all i got to say...Id like to visit another nyc club in the future but so far its only been exit...not bad though..not bad at all..

edgar v was too hard for me after PVD, but i enjoyed his set from the second floor where it wasn't so loud.

i didn't know that the fire marshalls came. i hope they got a fire code violation and a very expensive fine. (I don't know if they fine for that, but I hope so, in this case.)

Originally posted by djjonstephen

This coming from the same person that said Derb was playing Gabber.....

LOL Derb dropping gabber.

Get over it? Sorry, I do not find PVD cheesy and I would bet the educated popular concesus would not either.

I guess if you believe that success and recognition = commercial, you are correct.

Dennis you make some valid points.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

This coming from the same person that said Derb was playing Gabber.....

I didn't know I had such dedicated fans.

Anyhow, definitions of music are muddled enough that names take on different meanings for different groups of people. You were never into the hard trance scene, and so you don't know terminology used therein. Similarly, just because the "tech house" that NYC DJ's spin doesn't agree with what a (self-righteous) musically educated person elsewhere would consider tech house, doesn't not make it tech house. Their audience knows what tech is, and my audience in that regard knew what I was talking about... you're just not part of that, so save the hate for when you force yourself to go to Vinyl.

And if you must know why PVD is commercial, it's because he succumbs to commercial pressure and spins differently for big clubs in NYC than he does anywhere else across the pond... and that's a fact.

Originally posted by legend38

Get over it? Sorry, I do not find PVD cheesy and I would bet the educated popular concesus would not either.

I guess if you believe that success and recognition = commercial, you are correct.

I have two words for you: track selection.

Wait, I have a few more: unchanged in years.

Last ones, I swear: cheesy as hell.

Originally posted by aphelion

And if you must know why PVD is commercial, it's because he succumbs to commercial pressure and spins differently for big clubs in NYC than he does anywhere else across the pond... and that's a fact.

Have you listened to :

1) The POD cd 2

2) Live at Rosemontags Rave

3) Mayday 2002

His set at exit consisted of many of the same tracks all these sets were composed of. He spun as he has been spinning.

all in all I had a good night last night...I had more fun at Ferry Corsten and Summer Madness but it was right behind those nights. It was obviously too crowded in that, place blah blah blah, expensive as hell, blah blah...i'm repeating every post so I'll stop there with the complaints. Got there early left late had work today at 8:00, not fun but it was worth it.

One thing I don't get is the whole "the vibe sucked there" argument. I mean the only "vibe" that should matter is the one that your feeling hearing the music and being with your friends. If you're too busy judging how everybody else is acting then you're not letting yourself fully appreciate the music and the guy making it. Eh, Whatever, I can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said already.

I absolutly LOVE PVD so the crowd was no problem for me... but shit I've never seen THIS many Asians b4 god damn!! But shitttt the place was packed beyond capacity.... I was dumb enough to wear 4 1/2 inch open toe stilettos and my toes were fuckin blue with bruises by the end of the night.... needless to say, my big toe is sprained :(

I've read the NY message boards for quite sometime now but have never posted b/c I have only been to SF & Exit a couple times each in the past. However, my friends and I (rocksteadyCT) being one of them made the trek down to the city to see PVD. We are not as fortunate down in CT to see such great talent and mega clubs like Exit. I must say thought that I had an awesome time. When we first got there around 12:30, we couldn't move at all on the main dance floor, let alone the 20 minute mobfest trying to get to the bathrooms, i almost thought the night would be horrible from then on, with no room to dance. Fortunatly, everyone i met was so friendly and nice and i ended up in the white room (where there was plenty of room to dance!!!!) and on the balcony where i got a spectactular view of PVD! I wish I could party every weekend in NY but long drive my friends and I have limit us only to once a month now hopefully. See you all on the 5th for Oakenfold!

Originally posted by sweepy

Why did pvd quit at like 5am whan I saw him at factory it was like 8am when he got off what a fucking jip.I like asian's but god dam!!!! Where was godzilla when I needed him

because at SF he was paid for a 6 hour set and at exit it was supposed to be 4 hours.

Originally posted by zekefreak

all in all I had a good night last night...I had more fun Summer Madness but it was right behind those nights.

I whole heardetly agree.

If I had room to dance it might be a different story, but that was not the case.

Regardless, the music was on point from start to finish. Well worth the money.

a few of us went up to boston just to avoid EXIT. i cannot stand EXIT, and refuse to put dollars in their pockets.

Avalon on Thursday was great. The set was short (3 hours), but great. The club is 10 times nicer than EXIT, is small (like Vinyl size), was crowded but not too packed. Sound system is great. the crowd was great. no meatheads, no shoving or pushing, shirts on all night. staff and bouncers were cool. bathrooms were reasonable and clean. door was only 30 bucks. drinks 4 or 4.50. and they kept the AC on.

next time around i'll take the road trip again :)

I am not even going to read all these damn posts ripping on Exit. What the fuck do you people expect? You hve all been warned over and over again on this board. Exit is a club that cares about the dollar sign and nothing else. They treat each and every person like a total piece of shit. PVD is by far the greatest live DJ I have ever heard (and I mean by FAR). However, I would never ruin the experience of hearing him play at Exit. That place can take the best DJ, even when spinning the greatest set ever, and make the entire experience a nightmare. The sound is pure shit and you are horded in there like fucking sheep in a pen.

FUCK EXIT and to all those people that convinced themselves that PVD was worth 4 hours of being treated like shit in a shithole, I hate to say it, but I TOLD YOU SO!