Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pvd nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well.............

Did it suck that you could not move? Fuck yeah, but I think it was worth it. PVD spun an amazing set, I heard all the tracks I wanted to hear and then some.

Like Rob said, He dropped his new Jan Johnson track 3x, but it was hot so I don't mind. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I didn't go to the meetup because I did not want to lose my spot, but I did get to say hi to apotheosis real quick.

DJ Booth on stage was sick, I got alot of good pictures which I will post tomorow.

Who wants to get the PVD tracklist going?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i at the last minute decided not to go cause i knew how the crowd was going to be... but the thing about the exit crowd is that it attracts so many FOBS (fresh off the boat) asians... can't stand it. i myself am asian, korean to be exact and i really can't handle the fobbiee asians... especially the ones who look cracked out with their shirts off... maybe i shouldn't say this but i am kind of embrassed of how many portray the asian people due to their experience at exit :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by racerx1225

How can we beat hese guys at Exit at their own game? what if somone called the fire marshalls before he came on? would they shut the place down for the whole night and ruin the show or would they limit the inflow of people? I don't want to ruin any show but what I'm getting at is: Is ther anyway to fuck the Mgt. at Exit so that we can somehow enjoy Oakenfold on July 3rd or is it a losing battle? I didn't go last night because of this and would like to see Oakenfold on the 3rd even though Rabbit in the Moon and Infected Mushroom are elsewhere.

i think calling the fire marshalls would have an adverse effect on every club in the city and is not the answer to this problem.

readin debbie..larry n rob's post kinda makes me regret not goin...im stupid for lettin the crowd thing get to me..i was @groovejet last night and it was crowded as hell and it didnt bother me...o well..i love PVD and ill b sure to catch him next time...

to b honest...ppl gota lay off the bitching and moaning and generalization...i understand that when certain elements get together the night can suck..but u gota block it out and have fun...im readin mad posts about ppl complainin..yet when i read the NMO crew posts all theyre sayin is positive shit..thats the way u gota look @ it...u just listened to a great fuckin DJ ( and larry is right..whoever the fuck said hes commercial..EAT A DICK) and thats that...fuck the crowd and the attitudes...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

to b honest...ppl gota lay off the bitching and moaning and generalization...i understand that when certain elements get together the night can suck..but u gota block it out and have fun...im readin mad posts about ppl complainin..yet when i read the NMO crew posts all theyre sayin is positive shit..thats the way u gota look @ it...u just listened to a great fuckin DJ ( and larry is right..whoever the fuck said hes commercial..EAT A DICK) and thats that...fuck the crowd and the attitudes...

see that was the problem. i am usually really good at zoning out anything that bothers me, but there were so many people there....

Originally posted by hotcheme

see that was the problem. i am usually really good at zoning out anything that bothers me, but there were so many people there....

I'm with Jonstephen on this one... did the Tiesto thing and will never go back for huge djs. PVD and Tiesto are both huge djs, but the problem is they have been around NY for over a year and people know them. Ferry Corsten has been spinning for many years, but never in NY. Most Exit heads don't know who ferry corsten is, that is why it was fairly empty that night. If Armin Van Buuren came to exit the first time and actually showed up, there probably would not have been that many people there.

Does anyone agree with me? It is all word of mouth.

Originally posted by diezel56

the place was 95% asian. your right it wasnt only them that smelled...its just that they were really rude and im not the only one to think that...overall the place was way too crowded to have any fun..and my idea of fun isnt being trampled on.

those large ambiguously gay white guys take up a lot more space, I can't say that I enjoy their smell either

Let me put my 25cents in too..I was there last night..and all i hate to say about it is PVD is THEEEE MANNNNNN, I love him..and yes, the crowd was somewhat horrible, but hey, i knew what i was getting myself into, and i didn't care. Even though my usual spot WAS bought out by the "asians"..:) but it's ok, I had fun anyway, and yes some people were pushing and not saying excuse me or i'm sorry, but you know what..I JUST DONT GIVE A SH*T...because i came there to enjoy myself and their immature actions were not going to get me down..PVD is just the best..and I would do it allll over again if i had to...

P.L.U.R ;):tongue:

P.S. I tried to go down to the cp meetup..but let me just tell you, there was NOOOOOOO way, i would get to the other side of the dance floor unless someone carried me there..I tried to walk there, but it was impossible..TOOOOO PACKED, and one couple there really SHOULD get a room next time..lol:D

readin debbie..larry n rob's post kinda makes me regret not goin...im stupid for lettin the crowd thing get to me..i was @groovejet last night and it was crowded as hell and it didnt bother me...o well..i love PVD and ill b sure to catch him next time...

:clap2:

PVD was great

I'm glad the line was pretty quick - I got there around 10:30 pm with ticket in hand and got in within 10 minutes, without even getting carded!

I didn't experience any issues with the staff

The problem was too many people. I thought that Exit would be able to handle it, but I was proven wrong.

I guess no club in NY is big enough for the crowds that PVD draws. Either that, or the ticket prices need to be jacked up even more.

What's the largest indoor space in the NYC area? Maybe that's what should be tried next time.

I was there from 11:00pm till he went off..... It was definitely packed & hot as balls ...i also noticed the rudeness of the crowd ...this was my 4th time at Exit ...first being the grand opening, twice for Acosta & last night...and the crowd hasn't gotten any better..i wasn't sober but i wasn't rolling cause i had something to do this morning but i did catch myself saying "next time it would help if i was on a pill to deal with the crowd"...BUT ...the music made it well worthwhile & i even told someone this morning that i'd deal with the crowd to hear him there again.....he tore the roof of the joint...no joke

and i'll prolly be there for oakenfold too ..lol

Had a great time last night! PVD was off the walls. 12:30 meetup at the Powerbar? I was there, asking everyone i saw if they were from CP, didnt find anyone, so i left (i had an orange cut-off guess t-shirt on). Yes there were too many people there but it happens. They cant make the club majically get bigger ya know? White Room was PUMPIN all night...thats where i spent most of my time. All in all a fun night...wish there was more room to dance though.

Exit closes at 10am Saturday morning for the friday parties (depending on the crowd after 8am).

Paul Oakenfold on the 5th of July

Cosmic Gate on the 3rd of july (this is a rave).

I can tell right now that its gonna be a gooood summer.

Originally posted by teklord310

If you need to drink or do any drugs to "deal" with the crowd then this isn't a place I want to be anyway. Usually the music makes the night and puts the crowd in the background. At least that is how it should be.

~~~:clap2:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . .that actually has a lot to do with social learning theory in this country . . . Asians are even more marginalized in the media than blacks nowadays . . . so it's typical that a guy like that would have a position like that . . . eh . . such is life . ..

Nah he was just stereotyping although "smelly asians" was definetely uncalled for. I remember a long time ago I went in w/ 2 of my friends (they're both asian) and we were hanging out in that section to the left as you walk in the main door. These two meatheads walked by, one said to the other "yo lets go the other way i aint going through fucking chinatown" :punch::bigfinge:

It was loud too I couldn't believe nobody else heard it.....cuz if they did i don't think they would've walked out of there in great shape.....

yeah exactly.. everyone knows how exits venue and exits crowd is.. no matter what it will never change. If you are gonna go dont bitch when you leave b/c its all the same shit that you should have known was gonna happen...

1) Marvisi is a greedy bastard and will let everyoneand their mother in just to make more and more money... no matter how packed the club is... in other words its ALWAYS too packed..

2) The club is now about 95% Asians...

3) People are rude...

4) You get grabbed, fondled and molested at the door...

If you are gonna go you have to make your own fun. Thats why us NMO people (as ghhhhost said) have fun. We make due with what we have and enjoy our money spent no matter where we go... :D

Originally posted by gene2k

BUT ...the music made it well worthwhile & i even told someone this morning that i'd deal with the crowd to hear him there again.....he tore the roof of the joint...no joke

and i'll prolly be there for oakenfold too ..lol

thats the spirit... :laugh: nah thats a good attitude tho... thats how i felt last night as well... i wanted to get fucked up.. but people would annoy me even more... and then i just had fun elbowing and dancing taking up more room than needed in small spaces just to get room to breathe.. it was fun.. :tongue:

i'm glad i did'nt go...Exit is obsurd....and $50 bucks...for a 4 hour set???...shitty sound system and a ridiculous crowd?? come on now.....no closing...no encore song to close the night?? fuck that....PVD at SF was amazing...PVD at Twilo was amazing....i'm repeating basically what everyone else has said...but it's the truth.....EXIT BLOWS

I can't believe that I forgot to mention Luis Diaz' set! God damn, off the fuckin hook. Had room to dance for his set. He did keep fuckin with the volume which got annoying but whatever. Shit was hot.

PVD..... enough said.

and only stayed for a few songs of Edgar V's set...... also off the wall.

Awsome fuckin night.:aright:

I see it like this.

I will sit at my PC at work and listen to a PVD set and say, fuck I wish I was there. Now as much as I want to, I am not gonna get up in the middle of the office and start dancin my ass off. So now I am listening to PVD at exit, still I can't dance;the one difference at exit is that ppl are bumpin into you left and right, but for christs sakes it is PVD. I deal with it. :)

i never post, but just wanted to give my 2 cents...the club itself is awesome, sound/lights, etc pretty much top of the line,

pvd tore shit up. yes, it was crowded, yes it was hot, but is that not what you'd expect from this type of event? pick any other club and it wouldnt be any better...some people like to bitch and are just never satisfied. some of you say that its way better to see these guys spin in europe, miami, ibiza, etc. this makes me wonder, have you actually been to any of these places? i'd like to inform you that these djs bring out a huge crowd anywhere they spin. the crowd might change from mostly asian last night at exit to mostly british in ibiza, but sweat is sweat, get over it. if you're hot shit and need pampering, go to the vip room, (I must say, the white room was pretty cool and comfortable last night, the view from the balcony wasnt that bad either) otherwise stay home if the reality of these events doesnt suite you.

the grass always seems to be greener on the other side for some:cool: