Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pvd nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by roha3000

I am not even going to read all these damn posts ripping on Exit. What the fuck do you people expect?

Popular concensus is that PVD rocked the house.

Everyone knew it was gonna be packed, and most of us hate Exit, but i think most here feel it was worth it.

this thread covers EVERYTHING!!!!!!! :laugh:

Good music, bad music, "Lord PVD", "Cheesy PVD", racism, handicapism (:laugh: ), good aspects, bad aspects, drugs, no drugs, guidos, asians, marganalism, blacks, Oakenfold, Exit, Vinyl, Derb(:laugh: ), Old Skool Legends, Newbies... etc... etc...

I've got my monthly fill of CP off of this ONE thred...

Just one other comment though, I dont' think PVD's cheese or anything, but yeah... he DOES spin differently here in the US than he does over on the other side... Back when he was spinning @ Twilo someone challenged him to bring it... that we were tired of hearing the PVD "light" that the US was getting... and man, he BROUGHT IT... it's definitely an experience hearing THAT version...

sorry for those who didnt have fun.

i had a blast.

i actually expected it to be more packed.

but the urge to see pvd won me over this time.

i didnt feel like it was as packed as twilo use to get.

and yeah, there were crazy asians up in there, i think most of them were old skool chinese gangstas too.

and i agree whever wrote - exit sux, pvd rules, never mix the 2.

but i still had fun.

heres a tip: ignore the meatheadz.

omg, not that i think about it, i was at the juice bar at 12:30...

i musta been standing right in front of the cp meetup and didnt even know it.

hehehehe, sorry guys

One thing I don't get is the whole "the vibe sucked there" argument. I mean the only "vibe" that should matter is the one that your feeling hearing the music and being with your friends. If you're too busy judging how everybody else is acting then you're not letting yourself fully appreciate the music and the guy making it.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I knew the place was going to be packed as I was there the last time Tiesto was there. So I delt with the crowd as best I could. I did think the heat was a little too much to bear though and had a hard time finding a place to cool down and still listen to the music. About PVD's set I wasn't that impressed by it. I had seen him twice before. Once in Ibiza and once in Houston. It seemed like his mixing was a little bit off. Also it seemed like he didn't have very good flow to his set. I thought it was good, but I know he is capable of a better set. I was actually surprised by the number of older tracks he played in his set. The one thing that was cool though was he was really getting into it. I don't think I have ever seen him that animated before. I actually think I might have enjoyed Edgar V's set a little bit better, maybe because I didn't have any expectations. PVD is an awsome dj, but I don't think I will catch him at Exit again.

His mixes were alittle off? Ok...b4 i say anything, the MP3 of the set will be out in 4 days...ill tell you after i listen to the whole damn thing carefully, but, from what i heard, not one bad mix, no bass going 180 degrees out of phase...nada. Meticulous set if you ask me...first 5 tracks werent doing it for me, then he broke out the good stuff. Im just waiting for Cosmic Gate the 3rd of july and Oakie...Ive never seen Oakenfold, im not too much of a fan of his, but i wanna see why hes ranked number 5 in the world.

Originally posted by clubbhoppintg

His mixes were alittle off? Ok...b4 i say anything, the MP3 of the set will be out in 4 days...ill tell you after i listen to the whole damn thing carefully, but, from what i heard, not one bad mix, no bass going 180 degrees out of phase...nada. Meticulous set if you ask me...first 5 tracks werent doing it for me, then he broke out the good stuff. Im just waiting for Cosmic Gate the 3rd of july and Oakie...Ive never seen Oakenfold, im not too much of a fan of his, but i wanna see why hes ranked number 5 in the world.

THE MP3?! Bro, pleaseeeeeeee send me that, since ag is gone now!:eek:

Originally posted by lillizzy

i thought pvd at twilo was good though?

PVD spun DIFFERENT that night last January (or was it April? ....foggy)...

Originally posted by maximman

Just one other comment though, I dont' think PVD's cheese or anything, but yeah... he DOES spin differently here in the US than he does over on the other side... Back when he was spinning @ Twilo someone challenged him to bring it... that we were tired of hearing the PVD "light" that the US was getting... and man, he BROUGHT IT... it's definitely an experience hearing THAT version...

THANK YOU someone that knows what's going on... Half these people *cough*djjonstephen*cough* weren't even in NYC back then but they KNEW the old TWILO... please...

P.S. That "someone" would have been Claudio or "myrlin" on this board from over a year ago

Originally posted by roninmess

THE MP3?! Bro, pleaseeeeeeee send me that, since ag is gone now!:eek:

Robin or anyone if you have this please IM me.....

I may bash him but I'm not gonna be unfair and not listen to his set.... so long as I can skip through it ;)