Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Audiogalaxy

Nolimit

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by Nolimit

No transfers today.

I think the end is near...

I heard somewhere that they raided the AG offices in Texas.

my shit is allllllllllllllll fucked up................. i got tons of tracks to send out but the shit is not letting me...

Audiogalaxy suffered the same fate as Napster, a centralized place to be raided. Use any sort of Gnutella client, and the problem is avoided.

I really don't agree with the fact that a private organization such as the RIAA has the power to order police action. I'd like to go to their HQ and show Ms. Rosen a little police action, LA-style.

File sharing services are a dime a dozen. One goes, there's 20 more to pick from. Go to Gnucleus to get one...Gnucleus operates on the Gnutella model, so there's no central server to be raided.

Geez Andrew, you make buying music sound like a cardinal sin.

Its just my opinion, but people and djs(especially) that choose to download free music rather than buy it and support the artists that make it need to get a life and a job and buy some music. Maybe now every wannabe with a computer and a burner won't think he can be a dj. Real DJs buy their music and use cd burners for their own productions or mixed cds, DJs that build their music collections through illegal downloads should all burn in hell. Oh and by the way, Vinyl is the only way to go, its the way music was meant to be and it sounds better. I guess if you want to use some of the digital effects of a cd mixer its fine to burn a copy from vinyl to allow for some digital creativity, but robbing artists is not cool, I would have more respect for someone who held up a record store at gunpoint or broke into it afterhours!!

VINYL- Tried, Tested, Trusted-- Long Live Vinyl

ps, just ask the ladies they prefer 12 inches to 4 1/2!!

Originally posted by thepulse

Its just my opinion, but people and djs(especially) that choose to download free music rather than buy it and support the artists that make it need to get a life and a job and buy some music. Maybe now every wannabe with a computer and a burner won't think he can be a dj. Real DJs buy their music and use cd burners for their own productions or mixed cds, DJs that build their music collections through illegal downloads should all burn in hell. Oh and by the way, Vinyl is the only way to go, its the way music was meant to be and it sounds better. I guess if you want to use some of the digital effects of a cd mixer its fine to burn a copy from vinyl to allow for some digital creativity, but robbing artists is not cool, I would have more respect for someone who held up a record store at gunpoint or broke into it afterhours!!

i agree with u on some points....but most resident djs get in record pool or sometimes labels just send him tracks for free...if u can get some "hard to find" tracks on the web for free thats cool too...its a double edged sword, alot of tracks are made limited pressing or havent been released yet...and the net offers a chance to get them...but yea, if u rely on soley burned cds, thats pretty sad....and i do agree...VINYL will never die!!!!:D

Originally posted by thepulse

VINYL- Tried, Tested, Trusted-- Long Live Vinyl

ps, just ask the ladies they prefer 12 inches to 4 1/2!!

Your comments about DJ's sound like you have personal issues.

I'm not a DJ and I don't care to be one! Alot of people create music and and aren't necessarily DJ's. Sharing music and ideas benifits everyone. It's unfortunate the recording industry has as much power as they do. I'll gladly buy viynl and I average atleast one comp a week from artists/DJ's but now I'm limited to samples of music that might not represent what the songs actually sound like. This translates into me getting ripped off which is exactly what the recording industry wants! If the recording industry could encode wav files into a format that cannot be decoded so easily and burned unto CD then maybe this problem could be resolved and people could listen to their favorite music, but they'd have to buy it in order to own it. Liquid player is a good example of this. The problem with the counter industry movement is people like you! Disgruntled Dj's who are pist off because technology is making it easier for people to create music and mix tracks. Furthermore, I'm sure Record lables are RIPPING artists off much worse then we could ever rip them off. I support artists making money off their work, but I'm only paying money for work I approve of and RP streams and mp3 samples aren't cutting it.

BTW, CD Dj's are the future! Deal with it! Your argument sounds like me defending VHS against DVD. It's not a perfect science yet but it will be.

I'm not disgruntled, I just prefer vinyl and the so called djs that rely mostly or entirely on ripped tracks from the net are ruining the business, most of them have no talent. On the other hand I do approve of cd burning or ripping of unavailable music, for example unreleased tracks from up and coming producers or artists. As for digital versus vinyl, thats a personal preference, I'm not saying people should be at the record companies mercy, but if the cd single or vinyl single is available, it should be bought not ripped. the truth is that music is so disposable, especially dance music, (the average life of a track is 4-8weeks, except for the few that become classics) so no one wants to spend the money when they could download and rip a cd with say 10 tracks that would cost them $60-$115 in the store. Say what you want but downloads have bastardized the business and if you take a moment and listen to a cd and a vinyl record on the same sound system, you will hear a world of difference, Ask any real dj and they will tell you which sounds better. I play a few cds when I'm out and I've downloaded more than a few records and burned them to cd for convenience or because it was an unavailable mix, but I prefer vinyl, and making some djs have to go out and hunt for the good unavailable records and tracks will separate the men from the boys again. And I would gladly pay a membership fee or per track fee to download unavailable music. I've paid my dues, been djing since 1983 and in a record pool since 1991, its does aggravate me a little bit when some no name jock has the same unreleased promo mixes as me cause he downloaded them, but I wouldn't say I'm disgruntled, there are some great digital jocks out there and guys that use cd technology very effectively, but the ones I know, usuallly have the vinyl somewhere. Just my humble opinion. I'll be back down in Miami for good hopefully this winter, I love the crowds and the music scene down there, You'll know where I'm playing.

Originally posted by macfunk19

I have downloaded the new dj pulse cd. anybody wants it for $20 i need to make money of him:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

LMAO

anyway, it sux that they closed AG down. for one I've been raped far to long by the record industry. Tapes, CD's and records are not worth $15 to produce. An average CD only cost $0.50 to make and a bit more to package and ship.

I dont care to be a DJ, and never will be, but getting raped for buying music is like paying for parking in a mall, they can all go to hell. Luckily for every share ntwk. that gets shut down 20 others pop up.