Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does Johnny Vicious even still dj at the Roxy??

So did they completely fuck up this roxy party with commerical bullshit or do they least have vicious in there to throw down some classic trance that you cant hear anywhere else in new york city on any given friday night?

i havent been well enough to check out this new phazon shit and the such..nor do i know when i WILL be well enough but whats the fuckin deal....i want some pos. and neg. responses.

Originally posted by smokesum

lolol

avalonschlong....please an apple martini is too strong for him

he can stick wit his Zima's

OMFG AVALONSCHLONG DRINKS ZIMAS!!!!!!!! ZOMETHING ZIFFERENT??? ONLY FAGS DRINK THAT SHIT!!!!!!!

ERIC YOU DRINK ZIMA AFTER YOU DEPOSIT YER CUM IN YER SABB???

Originally posted by quoth

So did they completely fuck up this roxy party with commerical bullshit or do they least have vicious in there to throw down some classic trance that you cant hear anywhere else in new york city on any given friday night?

i havent been well enough to check out this new phazon shit and the such..nor do i know when i WILL be well enough but whats the fuckin deal....i want some pos. and neg. responses.

:zzz: :zzz:

dude....dissing roxy is like....sooo last week.

:D

Originally posted by dr0ne

:zzz: :zzz:

dude....dissing roxy is like....sooo last week.

:D

dude...last week i was gettin offered a sponge bath by a toothless aunt jemima look-alike in a hospital...bear with a brotha...capesh?

amen brotha... too bad he stopped spinnign like that once he started the res at roxy....

*sigh*

Originally posted by bsb2002

Quoth- as a detroiter, i feel its my duty to say, nice avatar and sig!!! With taste like that, you shouldn't be asking about Vicious.

haha thanks my man...i liked UR ever since im 11 yrs old...my cousin turned me onto them and BAM!! thats one of the beginnings of my techno evolution....you are absolutely right though...but shit the place is free and the people i know. If only you could stick Drexciya, Mad Mike, DJ Rolando, Mills, Pennington (suburban knight) or even Juan Atkins up in roxy im sure i wouldnt even have to make this thread haha.

p.s. btw...my dj cousin always told me the cool fuckin story about the record store "Somewhere in Detroit" . You ever been to it?? i was too young to remember asking my cousin but the legacy is that somehow you are only given a map to find the record store and you have to follow the clues in order to find it...no phone number....address..NOTHING!!....guess its part of that whole dark...erie...renegade/vigilante style shit that UR usta stir up in Detroit. Boy..i wish i was around there those times...i mean i hear people usta REALLY think that these men who walked around in all black were some group of interstellar fugitives or some shit. Anyhow.....between you and i..its definitely a shame more people dont know bout the history and legacy of UR and its impact....but mad props to you cause not only do you know...but you prolly lived it. peace.

haha thanks my man...i liked UR ever since im 11 yrs old...my cousin turned me onto them and BAM!! thats one of the beginnings of my techno evolution....you are absolutely right though...but shit the place is free and the people i know. If only you could stick Drexciya, Mad Mike, DJ Rolando, Mills, Pennington (suburban knight) or even Juan Atkins up in roxy im sure i wouldnt even have to make this thread haha.

p.s. btw...my dj cousin always told me the cool fuckin story about the record store "Somewhere in Detroit" . You ever been to it?? i was too young to remember asking my cousin but the legacy is that somehow you are only given a map to find the record store and you have to follow the clues in order to find it...no phone number....address..NOTHING!!....guess its part of that whole dark...erie...renegade/vigilante style shit that UR usta stir up in Detroit. Boy..i wish i was around there those times...i mean i hear people usta REALLY think that these men who walked around in all black were some group of interstellar fugitives or some shit. Anyhow.....between you and i..its definitely a shame more people dont know bout the history and legacy of UR and its impact....but mad props to you cause not only do you know...but you prolly lived it. peace.

i've never been (its also the UR offices and I've heard its appointment only,) but its somewhere out there, and its shit like that that is the reason when you hear a detroit DJ, he has records you will NEVER hear anywhere else. If Rolando ever plays in NYC (once I'm back from my midwestern summer-yawn) I'm there like Jeff Mills on a 909.

oh yeah, you should have seen T-1000 at DEMF--drool. :D

Originally posted by bsb2002

i've never been (its also the UR offices and I've heard its appointment only,) but its somewhere out there, and its shit like that that is the reason when you hear a detroit DJ, he has records you will NEVER hear anywhere else. If Rolando ever plays in NYC (once I'm back from my midwestern summer-yawn) I'm there like Jeff Mills on a 909.

oh yeah, you should have seen T-1000 at DEMF--drool. :D

man real quick...When Mills was hear in June 2001 at Limelight i will NEVER EVER FORGET..when he threw down OUT OF NOWHERE... NIGHT OF THE JAGUAR!!!!!! I had like a fuckin joker smile the entire time dancing that song has such fuckin melody as corny as that sounds...its just the only word u can think of when u hear that one synth part....James Pennington i saw and got to meet the one and only time he played at one of the TRESOR parties at Limelight...one cooooooooool fuckin negro definitely. But shit...i could not agree more as far as the whole detroit dj's play records you will never hear anywhere else...fuck i thought i was the only one under that impression but you definitely know yer shit...oh and you know damn well i got that SWEEEEEEEEET ASS UR DJ Record Bag...go check it out at submerge.com merchandise shit....i bought it at sonic groove last year..they actually got a nice array of UR shirts and even slipmats....real quick though..you into AUX 88? they are fuckin some insane shit..i really wish TOM-TOM would come spin in NYC one day.

aux 88 are cool, though i've never seen them live.

as for Knights of the Jaguar (not "night" as its about an aztec myth about well, the knights of the jaguar, whoever they are, but anyway), that is the single greatest record ever, and i don't mean that as an inflated comment. particularly the mad mike strings mix-when the beat finally drops about 5 minutes in-ooooh- its as good as sex. every single damn time. i really can't explain it, its too good for words. i'm sure mills tore the hell out of it too.

we need a detroit techno thread (ok a detroit techno club night would be better, but in NYC that isn't gonna happen)