Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why I love VINYL

Originally posted by rdancer

CAuse its the last underground club in all of NY that is halfway decent and has some good talent, and the people are not afaid to be themselves. :eek::biggrin:

ugh..what a know-it-all statement.

How the fuck you gonna call a club an "underground club" when you got SF...and now EXIT heads going there? Whats so fuckin "underground" about that?

I mean aren't they classicly stereotyped as the "oppitimy" of underground? :confused:

If you know anything...you'll know that VINYL stopped being an underground club when it was no longer called THE SHELTER and stopped hosting NASA parties.

You want "underground" check out something simpler like Baktun...Flamingo East...Guernica...FUN...

THATS!! some of the last underground clubs in nyc.

all in all...the point is...is that...VINYL lost its "undergroundness" AGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ago and if anything..if was only the gay folks who kept shit real on saturday nights with the body and soul party.

I am done and sorry to hijack yer thread serg...i just cant stand that shit.

lol u can be your self lol yeah when your with a bench of sf rejects i mean u can be your self at any club if u got it in u in vynail tho if your better then most u stand out and get a lot mroe atteion i been tehr and like every gir lwould stare and sh1t and i got a few honeys from it but over all its not worth the money sf is the same price and a better over all vibe

Anyway, back to the topic...

Excellent!

It was a little too small for my desktop, so I worked on making it larger... and retaining the feel of it all...

It's quite saturated, but it's how I like my images... ;) It's really a three color job, so it shouldn't be too hard to slide those hues over.

Unfortunately it's a little large for CP so it's linked here.

Not to Start the Day Being a BITCH

But i never really though of Vinyl as a UnderGround club,

maybe some of the party's there were on the low down, but NEVER UNDERGROUND

When u say underground

Clubs like XPOSAY, MOTHER, LURE, FIRE, APT,Building

Those were underground clubs, even Save the robots"

Underground to me, means No door Guy> Password

Illegal, hidden Venue, And no Addreas, no phone,

i dont think clubs like that are around anymore, and if they are, there a rip off of something someone did 10-20 years prior

with a new name,

ok im done bitching, lol

I got into the whole club thing late in life compared to most, It changed my whole outlook on life, for the better . .. I think, anyhow I don't know if Vinyl is underground, overground or just in the ground but that place, that wonderfull wonderfull place away from the REAL world . . . I can't say enough about it . . . the music, the atmosphere, the people, the smiles, the hugs, the drugs . .lol, Vinyl is going to be remembered by me 4-ever, 20 years from now, someone will mention the word "Vinyl" to me and I picture my face lighting up and smiling . . . what can I say?

Originally posted by cintron

;) body & Soul is sunday. just fyi:tongue:

:D

was thinking to myself damn. . .i was hardly ever hammered when i started in on b&s. . .was it really saturdays? lmao::

so hey now. . .when are we taking our sunday date? get your popcorn ass down here already! Im off all next week! :drunk:

Originally posted by howardstone

I got into the whole club thing late in life compared to most, It changed my whole outlook on life, for the better . .. I think, anyhow I don't know if Vinyl is underground, overground or just in the ground but that place, that wonderfull wonderfull place away from the REAL world . . . I can't say enough about it . . . the music, the atmosphere, the people, the smiles, the hugs, the drugs . .lol, Vinyl is going to be remembered by me 4-ever, 20 years from now, someone will mention the word "Vinyl" to me and I picture my face lighting up and smiling . . . what can I say?

This man and i see eye to eye. :)

Glad to see another kid who understands the spirit of the party, not just the substance.

Originally posted by cintron

;) body & Soul is sunday. just fyi:tongue:

no no you are right.

I got my saturdays and sundays mixed up....so used to thinkin of fridays for DT that i forgot for a minute that the monthly residents are on Sat and Body and Soul on sundays. :D shoot me ok? hehe