Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar Info******

just got this email

Cro Bar NYC

No, not Cro Bar Miami or Chicago _ Cro bar NYC. They bought a four-story

parking garage space around the corner from Twilo.

The 1st floor will mainly be the entrance. Meaning, waiting online will

be a dry, cozy one. The 3 other floors will be nothing but perfection of

sound surrounding dance floors & lounge space. The manager of Cro Bar NYC

said it just rite, "If you have ever been to Miami or Chicago's Cro Bar, you

know that it will be a comfortable & relax state of the art space with a

dash of vanilla."

Fri & Sat coming soon

28th street btw 10th & 11th Ave NYC

There is no way all these clubs can survive. I dont think there is enough people to make all these clubs make money. Thats why some of these clubs are charging 30 to 35 dollars to get in. We already have, Roxy, Exit, Vinyl, Sound Factory, Centro Fly, Shelter, Webster Hall, Discoteque, Ohm, Cheetah, then smaller type clubs lNV, Cream. There's also Culture Club.

yeah you hit on the nose..exit or roxy or even the fatory if jp leaves you never know would take a big hit..new york club is going to change bigtime..but we need it it's time to bring in something new.....but crobar would be one of the top clubs in new york..crobar in miami is awesome and it's like one big nightclub in miami..ton's of clubs and lounges...and crobar is always on top...first of the place will look real nice like exit..and it will have a crazy sound system..crobar in miami the system in there pounds...so the club is being built to stay around for a long time..they get ton's of top dj's like carl cox...you know he will be coming here to new york a couple of times a year..i saw in the WMC spinning at crobar in miami he was insane...plus its a nice looking crowd with sick music..crobar will only have top notch music..just check out crobar miami search there website..top dj's all year round..crobar will not be a afterhours club..crobar will be a huge success for years to come in NY..

there have always been a lot of clubs in NYC

what if limelight, tunnel and twilo were still here?

all this means is that there will be more choice and clubs will have to do a better job of bringing in talent or treating their customers well if they want to have the crowds come. perhaps with crobar vinyls' friday's will return a bit to the crowd that used to be there - who knows.

It would actually be nice if crobar did a kick ass world class friday night like twilo used to and then vinyl and maybe somewhere else did the same for saturdays.

all i can say is as a clubgoer there is NOTHING better for U than this competition at the clubs. :) :)

peace

There was a time where there were mutliple mega-clubs in the city and they all survived/did well. They just each cattered to a very particular market and focused on various aspects of production to create a particular party.

The market is there...especially clubbers in their late 20s who want a more mature atmosphere.

If each venue markets itself right...NYC will be in for a HUGE treat and some terrific options.

-Oo

Originally posted by danwilson

There is no way all these clubs can survive. I dont think there is enough people to make all these clubs make money. Thats why some of these clubs are charging 30 to 35 dollars to get in. We already have, Roxy, Exit, Vinyl, Sound Factory, Centro Fly, Shelter, Webster Hall, Discoteque, Ohm, Cheetah, then smaller type clubs lNV, Cream. There's also Culture Club.

The more the merrier ;)

Crobar will be one of the best clubs in NY when it opens.

How do I know? Because noone cares about the customers like the team at Crobar.

They make sure everyone is happy, safe and having a good time. This means girls not having to put up with obnoxious guido's, an attention to detail for all the patrons not just the VIP's, and more of a concern for a good party than the bottom line (which eventually does translate to the bottom line)

To give an example, in Miami over new years, a friend of mine happened to also be at crobar (we didnt go together)

Well to make a long (horible) story short he ended up OD'ing in the club. Kenny the owner, saw me trying to take care of him (since all his asshole friends were too fucked up)

He imediately came over, of course I thought "Well, we are on the streets" since anyother owner would kick you out in a heart beat so not to have the bad publicity of a drug incident in the club. But Kenny (who doesn't know me) was honestly concerned, asked if he could get him some water (and personally did) asked if he wanted a place to sit, and aranged for me to take him outside and be let back in (despite the strict no reentry policy on NYE)

He also came outside later to check on us to see if things were OK and to personally tell the door guy to let me back in if I wanted. Also the Manager (Dave S.) was beyond helpfull too.

Unfortunately I never did go back in and spent the rest of the night in the ER, but I still wont forget how cool the Crobar staff always is from the top to the bottom.

And of course the sound, atmosphere and lighting will be first rate and ever changing.

just wait and see.............

competition is good for the consumer......

if they build it we will come....i would love to see a huge space open...mass clubbing in nyc sucks ass right now....look at roxy-waiste of space....exit speaks for itself and as for factory i have no desire to go there....

Originally posted by danwilson

And it's stupid shit like this which make you look ignorant, is why nobody takes you seriously, and is why you are merely looked on as a nuiscence. Please, for the sake of your own self worth, become a worthless bohemian.

Survival of the fittest....

That's what people said when Twilo first opened, and if you look back to what clubs were open 7 years ago and what's around now, more than half of the big clubs are gone (i.e. Tunnel, Palladium, Twilo, Limelight).....adapt and adjust, or get lost in the shuffle....the market will find equilibrium on its own...

Everybody keeps saying that this place is gonna be a great club. It hasn't opened yet. has anyone heard of any tentative or possible residents for this place or any bookings as of yet that is leading people to believe this place is gonna just take over the NYC mega-club scene. I agree that the others mentioned, Exit, Roxy, Soundfactory, leave something to be desired, but how does everyone seem to know that this club is is destined for great things. It may turn out to be, and I hope it does, but isn't it a little early to be deciding that. And I disagree with the whole notion that all these other clubs are gonna take a huge hit when this place opens. There are so many people in the Tri-state area that go out every weekend. I think it'll be just another option...hopefully a good one.

I read in this magazine it was about clubs sound system and lights in clubs.and years ago in miami a owner would buy a club or buy one that closed and reopen it..but would not put much money into it..most of the time they would not make it more than a year..they keep closing and opening as a different club.. not really changing the club just its name..shitty sound system nothing changed ..it kinda of ruin the scene..but now in miami the club scene is crazy and booming..the owners are spending money on the clubs..they are putting in top sound systems just the way international dj's like they..they are spending money on the style, the look of the club, the lighting sound system etc..and the clubs are staying open for a long time..each club is bringing in it's own style or feel to the nightlife there..also you don't want to open two of the same clubs..we don't want another sound factory or exit or vinyl..it would water down the scene..we want a club the would to have it's own style a different style to the NY scene..Crobar is just that..I really think Crobar is going to change the club scene in NY and bring it to a whole new level..Crobar is going to do what exit could not do..it will be just as nice as exit as far as looks..but way better sound system, lights, way better music, and they people that work there will treat you better..they will not give crobar a bad reputation and they won't treat you like shit like exit does..

Predictions for Crobar in NY:

will be the best looking club and the best sound system in NY by far..no club will be even close..will bring in sick talented dj's like timo maas carl cox etc..will not be afterhours club..(we don't need another one anyway)i don't think they would want to anyway..to much trouble..close alittle early that way you don't have kids doing drugs all night ODing..less trouble from the city...plus a cleaner crowd..and really big clubs like exit are hard to keep filled all night plus after hours..they will have a huge gay party one night a week....say good bye to junior's party at exit..movie stars and sports stars will be there all the time..top international dj's once a week..i am really curious who they will hand pick for a resident dj..ton's of woman..certain nights you will need to bring girls with you to get in..no sausage party(crobar in miami has so many girls)..guys have to leave shirts on in the club..and go out and buy some nice clothes..cause if you look like a dirtbag or raver your not getting in..say good bye to the kiddes..it will be a 21 and over crowd...the city is getting way to young....we need some kick ass 21 and parties..and no fucking around in that place..a huge huge success

yeah, but clubs that size need numbers to make money. do you think they'll really be able to be that picky with the crowd with a club that size? maybe, who knows...I'm sure they'll be strict in the beginning but I'm sure they'll loosen up door policies eventually.

i think so the crowd sets the whole vibe for the club..and i'm sure they want a certain crowd to go there on certain nights..and remember when you have top talented dj's and the music is always good your going to draw a huge crowd..crobar is known for good music first...not like exit..exit is as long as we make money fuck everything else it don't matter how we do it..crobar was a certain system and then everything falls into place..they will make money and will know how to stay on top for a while..well we still have a long time till it opens so enough chat about for me..just remember the guys that run crobar know what the fuck they are doing..which is good for us and NY