Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DH vs. DT wasn't all that...

... okay, maybe the people who closed it out experienced something I didn't, but I was there until 7 and was extremely underwhelmed.

Howells played one of the most boring, repetitive, uninspired, soulless sets I've ever heard. His breakdowns consistently hinted at something better to come, which never did. Even the breakbeats were fantastically unexciting.

Tenaglia was much better... I was really glad when he came on and I got to hear some tracks with soul... but if I wanted to see just DT, I would have gone on Friday and spared myself the crowd.

I was also seriously disappointed that the two didn't tag team. We get to see long sets by both of them on a regular basis -- how about something more exciting for a change... like the versus match that it was billed as?

I'm gonna get torn apart for posting this, as it seems many of you had the time of your life... but I simply don't understand what was so special.

I agree i would have liked to see them switch on and off.....Danny T was amazing, working the people like no one else does.......Too many fucking people without shirts thinking they are the shit pissed me off, their is no need for that!!!

yeah i would have like to see a tag team which is what I thought it was going to be, but they both laid down good sets...yeah DT brought down the house when he came on at like 6...the crowd was exit like but friendly. and the shirtless guys, way too much sweat being spread around by them...nasty!!!

Originally posted by hoke

... okay, maybe the people who closed it out experienced something I didn't, but I was there until 7 and was extremely underwhelmed.

Howells played one of the most boring, repetitive, uninspired, soulless sets I've ever heard. His breakdowns consistently hinted at something better to come, which never did. Even the breakbeats were fantastically unexciting.

Tenaglia was much better... I was really glad when he came on and I got to hear some tracks with soul... but if I wanted to see just DT, I would have gone on Friday and spared myself the crowd.

I was also seriously disappointed that the two didn't tag team. We get to see long sets by both of them on a regular basis -- how about something more exciting for a change... like the versus match that it was billed as?

I'm gonna get torn apart for posting this, as it seems many of you had the time of your life... but I simply don't understand what was so special.

it would help if you didnt take a bad pill :laugh:

Originally posted by quoth

it would help if you didnt take a bad pill :laugh:

Like brickhouse said on Naughtybooth... whatever the people were on that made them love Howells... I want some!!!

My sentiments exactly... at around 2-3 when I saw Tenaglia and Howells in the booth at the same time, it got me so excited then after awhile I started watching them again Tenaglia left... WTF? I thought a -vs- match would be a tag team ALL night.

Howells definitely didn't go all out tonight which disappointed me slightly but he still dropped some nice tracks... maybe he had to test out and get used to the new Phazon. He may have blew everyone away who closed out the club but unfortunately they didn't keep me there long enough to see.

Let's talk about the heat and unbearable conditions for a second here... I've been in really hot and unbearable situations BUT this was the worse for me... once I left the main room a few times, I couldn't imagine making my way back into it but I definitely gave it a try a few times and forced myself but it was insane.

Tenaglia did do quite well in the 1.5-2 hours I heard him but still not enough for me to catch another wind to get going again.

hoke, i closed it out and it was the best party i have ever been to. i danced my ass off and the vibe in the place was incredible, especially after 8. IMO, you have to have some patience with parties like that and realize that you have to wait out the crowd until the early morning to get the best part of the night.

musically, i didn't hear too much that blew me away (besides the sound system), but i am judging the night as a whole. ususally the music is the most important thing to me but it wasn't on saturday and that might be what made it great for me.

Originally posted by hotcheme

hoke, i closed it out and it was the best party i have ever been to. i danced my ass off and the vibe in the place was incredible, especially after 8. IMO, you have to have some patience with parties like that and realize that you have to wait out the crowd until the early morning to get the best part of the night.

musically, i didn't hear too much that blew me away (besides the sound system), but i am judging the night as a whole. ususally the music is the most important thing to me but it wasn't on saturday and that might be what made it great for me.

<nonoffensive tone of voice>

if thats the best party you've ever been to, I suggest you go out a lot more...

</nonoffensive tone of voice>

no, seriously... it wasn't a BAD night... but even if the music was incredible (which I didn't feel it was... but thats just my opinion), the other aspects of the night prevent it from being "the best night ever"...

Best night ever? I can't even choose one... but 1 in recent memory was Baby Anne, Dj Icey, Scot Bond, & PVD @ space (miami) for $30, $35?? (can't remember)...

The venue is better, the sound is close, there was plenty of room, the music was great in both rooms... same price... almost no line outside... now THAT is a great night...

i agree Hoke - i was really looking forward to the tag teaming which never happened. I can see either of them spin long sets whenever i want so there was nothing special about that.

I do really like the renovation though. The place LOOKs much bigger and the sound is much better, etc. Vitamin water is a nice touch too!!!

But, i will never get convinced to go at opening to something like this again. Gotta go back to my 4 - 6am arrival schedule. The heat was just too draining, especially for the extra small person i was hanging with - for her - being bumped in the head by sweaty shoulders all night just sucked - it was just too crowded from 2 - 6!!

i'm not pissed that they raised the price btw - i think it helped with the crowding.

oh, and i thought security did a nice job given the situation: they were professional and friendly.

hanging out with lots of good friends, a great sound system... BUT... listening to music that wasn't that brilliant, braving dangerously hot temperatures, weaving around a crowd so large that it was quite hard to dance, and long lines to the bathroom as a result of the huge crowds = $30-50

vs.

hanging out with lots of good friends in a comfortable space (someone's place) with a/c and lots of free water, a sound system that ain't bad 'cause a lot of my friends' home systems are quite decent, listening to whatever music we like and perhaps even spinning if we are so inspired, a long line to the bathroom only if all of our bladders are in sync = 0$

i would much rather have skipped out on the former for a chance at the latter, saturday night.

Originally posted by joeg

<nonoffensive tone of voice>

if thats the best party you've ever been to, I suggest you go out a lot more...

</nonoffensive tone of voice>

no, seriously... it wasn't a BAD night... but even if the music was incredible (which I didn't feel it was... but thats just my opinion), the other aspects of the night prevent it from being "the best night ever"...

Best night ever? I can't even choose one... but 1 in recent memory was Baby Anne, Dj Icey, Scot Bond, & PVD @ space (miami) for $30, $35?? (can't remember)...

The venue is better, the sound is close, there was plenty of room, the music was great in both rooms... same price... almost no line outside... now THAT is a great night...

i'm not saying that all the elements of a perfect night were there - i would definitely liked some more space, among other things.

but everything came together inside my own head that allowed me to have a great time and i think many of the ppl i was with would agree that it was an incredible night.

in a way, i am glad the night wasn't perfect cause i know there will be better times ahead.

the vibe in the place was incredible, especially after 8. IMO, you have to have some patience with parties like that and realize that you have to wait out the crowd until the early morning to get the best part of the night.

I said this elsewhere, but I think it bears repeating... I'm not a huge fan of the idea that I should have to wait 8 hours before the party gets good... I've been to parties that were absolutely fantastic at 2am. (Bassbin Twins at Buzz, anyone?) I feel I should be able to have a good time without sending my body to hell and back... I guess I don't have the health or stamina of a lot of people in the scene... but then again, I don't think I should HAVE to.

i danced my ass off and the vibe in the place was incredible, especially after 8. IMO, you have to have some patience with parties like that and realize that you have to wait out the crowd until the early morning to get the best part of the night.

right on...

i was dissapointed by the heat/crowd for a while, but the everything settled down around 8am...

plus the grapes in the back room rocked!!!

I agree a lot with what Hoke's said, since him and i tend to see eye-to-eye on a lot of things.

but Hotcheme's made some very good points. Traditionally the best part of a party, musically and vibe-wise has always been near the end. Especially in New York.

That part of the party, everyone always has the same attitude.

It's usually "Yeah we've waited through all that shit and drama and we're IN IT TOGETHER. NOW."

Unfortunately most of us arrive early to beat insane cover charges, so waiting to the end is a real chore. But it's worth it i'd say, everytime i've been out.

'That Kid Chris, DeepDish (twice!), hell even Starscape :)

"It's all worth it in the end", when you can bask in the warm glow of the true music-heads, people who smile right back at you on the floor.

:) still i'm glad some of you had a good time, sorry others didnt have a great time. I rocked the spot upstate so i can't say i missed DT vs DH. I knew it wasn't going to be a tag anyway - DT said so on his msg board.

but i'll see you all the next time ;)

Originally posted by wideskies

hanging out with lots of good friends in a comfortable space (someone's place) with a/c and lots of free water, a sound system that ain't bad 'cause a lot of my friends' home systems are quite decent, listening to whatever music we like and perhaps even spinning if we are so inspired, a long line to the bathroom only if all of our bladders are in sync = 0$

I wholeheartedly agree... but this doesn't seem to happen all that often (or at least, if they do, I'm not invited to them :half: )... maybe it's time for a change?

i'm not saying that all the elements of a perfect night were there - i would definitely liked some more space, among other things.

but everything came together inside my own head that allowed me to have a great time and i think many of the ppl i was with would agree that it was an incredible night.

in a way, i am glad the night wasn't perfect cause i know there will be better times ahead.

I hear ya... well, as long as you had a good time, thats what matters...