Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakenfold: Hamptons (7/3) or NYC(7/5)?

Oakenfold in the Hamptons or Oakenfold in NYC???

We have tickets on sale for both events! Tickets are selling fast!

Paul Oakenfold, 7/5/02 at Exit (NYC)

Anyone who purchases their ticket from Clubplanet will also get access to our private VIP area on the main floor that night!

Paul Oakenfold, 7/3/02 at CPI (Hamptons)

just cusious.. not wanted to sound like an asshole.. but why do you all wanna go see a sell-out that is only in it for the money... granted he used to be good but he is nothin like he used to be... i mean atleast with pvd you go in and you are mind fucked the entire night... oakie def isnt who he used to be...

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

just cusious.. not wanted to sound like an asshole.. but why do you all wanna go see a sell-out that is only in it for the money... granted he used to be good but he is nothin like he used to be... i mean atleast with pvd you go in and you are mind fucked the entire night... oakie def isnt who he used to be...

cause i havent ever seen him live before... if it sucks, then i wasted $50, but i think its still worth a shot. from what i hear, regardless of what the hell he's in it for, he always throws a great show.

tru.. well i respect that... its just my opinion from seeing him over the years that he isnt who he used to be.... but to each their own... hope ya all have a great time this weekend..

ill be at roxy tonight

tempts thurdsday

roxy friday

sf sat (well sunday morning)

and surf club, then joeys on sunday

yo hawaii..you are so right. thats exactly what ive been posting for the past few days on his site as well as others. i found out yesterday that hes only doing 2 hrs again tonight. collecting $60,000 for tonight and skipping out after 2 hrs. if he lets me down twice this wk with 2 2 hr sets..im done with him. cheessyyy!! good show or not..he should cut down on the pointing to the crowd and spin at least 3 quality hrs. and no breakbeat bunkka shit..we want hard trance..pounding beats on the dark side. peace

Dammitt!! I have heard that too .... that he likes to skip out on his shows after no time at all.

I will be dropping him myself if he only spins for 2 hours ..... that is ridiculous. And he gets $60K for that ..... holy sh*t!

Alright .. thats getting alittle out of hand.

I just better have a good time .... which I am sure I will regardless.

I just know that if he only does 2 hours .... my respect is gone. I have never been to a club where a DJ has only done 2 hours. Its like, he must have lost his love for the music and the pleasure that he brings people if he does that.

exactly..i just posted a similar thread on pauloakenfold.com and the moderator took it off. i didnt curse or anything, just said it like it is. some people dont agree with me and are so far up his ass that theyre blinded by his name. i was like that too when i first started following him but after travelling to a few places just to see him and being fed 1 1/2-2 hrs of good music but mostly fingerpointing out into the crowd, then walking away for 5 minutes.chatting with his crew behind the scenes..coming back ..putting a record on..more fingerpointing...i was like yo..when is he gonna work the decks like the likes of carl cox , tiesto and pvd?? anyway..it'll be fun but before you know it he'll be $60,000 richer and on his way to collect another huge sum of good old american dollar. peace

Well, you better believe that I will be back with a full report/review on Monday ... which is when I will have access to a computer after Friday ..... kind of sucks!

So anyone like Liquid Todd???? I never heard him before at all. Don't know what to expect with him ..... it looks like he might be doing a pretty long set if this is the case with Oakie.

Well please let me know the outcome of the coin flip ..... I NEED TO KNOW NOW!!

Just playing and just making conversation .... i didn't even realize there was another DJ besides LT. Thought maybe he was known to be a 'closer' or vice versa.

Sup Diezel, its Victor Soto from the Oakey site....Hope you got to read my passage on your post. It will be stupid if he does spin for 2hrs @ the biggest spot around. I dont know why he does that, but shit that sucks...We'll see,

Have a good time @ CPI tonight and get back to me and let me know how it went. Detail to detail, lol...

Later dog,

Victor Soto

Red Carpet Promo

Originally posted by snd777

Well, you better believe that I will be back with a full report/review on Monday ... which is when I will have access to a computer after Friday ..... kind of sucks!

So anyone like Liquid Todd???? I never heard him before at all. Don't know what to expect with him ..... it looks like he might be doing a pretty long set if this is the case with Oakie.

Liquid Todd is alright. Hes the dj for K-Rock (92.3fm) after 10pm saturday nights, through to the morning, the only time k-rock plays all techno. hes not a bad dj on his show, but i've never heard him spin his own stuff, so i guess we'll see.