Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets put it to a vote, should Space get a new Patio Dj?

Guest saleen351

What should Space do with the patio?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What should Space do with the patio?

• Yes, and get a new resident
    • No, leave things the way they are
    • Get guest djs every week - non local talent
    • Guest djs - local talent only
    • Guest djs - a mix of local and non local talent

Guest saleen351

lets vote

I say local talent only....

for a few reasons:

They know what we like

They are our friends and we would support them

and we could get comps and unreleased tracks from them:D

They'll take our requests

C.P. Meetups

etc.... let the big boys play the main room and let south florida locals tear up the patio...

makes sense to me...............

I think local DJ's / DJ's who reside here.

We have incredible local DJ's - Jimmy, Lee Cakebread, Juan Mejia, DHM, Ariel Baund, Fred V - to name a few. And we all know there are many more.

Locals on rotation would be amazing...

I have nothing against Ivano - Lee played with him @ Opium Garden last year. However, a refreshing change is always welcome...

Lets see some well known local talent alongside some of the up and coming local Dj's.

Don't forget Craig Demo- another one of my personal favs. I think it would be great to see the patio used as a showcase for local talent. Have a new local dj outside everyweek, and you can bring back the more popular djs who really rock the crowd. Key is variety = change it up.

*Although - deep dish was tearin' sh*t up outside last Wed. I haven't seen the patio jumpin' like that in a long while.

Great poll. I would say get a local DJ ...or Local Dj's. It would be to expensive to keep brining a DJ out of town every week. Lets not forget that Space brings us the most talent down here in the Mia. Crobar LeveL Rain put those all together and they still dont measure up to space...

Originally posted by soldado

Great poll. I would say get a local DJ ...or Local Dj's. It would be to expensive to keep brining a DJ out of town every week. Lets not forget that Space brings us the most talent down here in the Mia. Crobar LeveL Rain put those all together and they still dont measure up to space...

too expensive???

lmao!

good one soldier...

Craig DeMo gets my vote

He rocked the patio at their one yr anniversary party and at the Grooveman party a few months ago. If you want to hear something NEW every weekend. Check him out at Rain this Friday night....you wont be disappointed.

Stryke has to be the man! He is the 2001 New Times D.J. of the year. Has tracks out on Hooj Choons, Ovum, Guidance, and Substance. And was one of the innovators of the South Florida dance music scene since back at the Edge. Everyone else is just playing catch up!

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i have a person in mind that would fit perfectly in the patio...but i am bias towards him....;)

Stop it already. We all know DJ Skribble is your boyfriend and all, but we don't want to hear any bullsh*t MTV dance DJ playing on the patio. Never gonna happen. :tongue::laugh:;)

Originally posted by joeygk

Stop it already. We all know DJ Skribble is your boyfriend and all, but we don't want to hear any bullsh*t MTV dance DJ playing on the patio. Never gonna happen. :tongue::laugh:;)

:finger: ....dont get mad Joey cuz he complimented me first about dancing skills....i know u have all his cds and posters....but thats life, but i heard Dj Zog is single, if u are interested?:idea:

Well I’m thinking if it is an elite DJ per night the min they might get would be 3k - 5k. Let’s not forget Space Probably picks up the bill for Travel, Hotel, etc. around hmmmm 7 k to 8k. Then there is the the reg spending of the money $$$... Staff, Promotion, restock the Bars. Let’s also not forget the Space owner owns a couple of other night clubs. I’m sure he might have his hands in something else...

I would not mind a different Local Dj every week till one was worthy of the throne..:D

This is just pure Speculation

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

:finger: ....dont get mad Joey cuz he complimented me first about dancing skills....i know u have all his cds and posters....but thats life, but i heard Dj Zog is single, if u are interested?:idea:

i never knew there was so much homosexual activity on this board ??:confused::D :D

I feel there are two TOTALLY different patio sessions at Space. There is the club/night patio then there's the Ibiza type sunrise patio session. On that note, not every DJ can "DO" the patio in the morning. Back on the subject, I feel having a "out of towner" come every once in a while is good, that way we get to taste something different.:cool:

Patio DJ's (plural I'm saying)

Craig Demo, Stingray, Merlyn, The obvious Roland, Oscar G, Edgar V,

I Linguinni, Jimmy Toural, Plato Profundo (just to name a few) have all

done a hell of a job out on the patio. Maybe having a rotation cycle of Djs

will keep things in a different perspective.

"just give these djs a break" [bugamix II] :blah:

attachment.php?postid=910755

Originally posted by bugaloooo

Patio DJ's (plural I'm saying)

Craig Demo, Stingray, Merlyn, The obvious Roland, Oscar G, Edgar V,

I Linguinni, Jimmy Toural, Plato Profundo (just to name a few) have all

done a hell of a job out on the patio. Maybe having a rotation cycle of Djs

will keep things in a different perspective.

"just give these djs a break" [bugamix II] :blah:

attachment.php?postid=910450

not a bad idea, just leave out Bellini.

It would be nice to have a rotation of different djs every week or however way the management feels it is possible. But keeping it fresh with a different dj, would make the patio even more enjoyable than what it is already.

John Aquaviva - good choice Tony!!!

Plays detroit Techno Style- don't think he would be considered in the patio. He rocks, but he's beyond way too hard for that room...

Come on people, think Sunrise here... You need a more downtempo vibe out there without losing the energy...