Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roxy Was Fucking Off The Hoooooooooooooooook!

the dance floor was hardly packed the whole night. it was packed for like an hour and a half and then everybody left. and the music. i must say i was dissappointed. there was like about a half hour at around 2:15 where he played awesome house music. but then he was playing tribal crap. i kind of wish i went to exit. the reason draper is so liked by everyone but the people on club planet is because he's a pretty good dj. i'm sick of all the babies on club planet whining about how clubbing was so great years ago and draper sucks. shut up. you're just upset because some juiceball stole your pacifier. and what happened with the sound system breaking? for those of you who thought that the music at roxy was awesome the whole time last night, get your glowsticks out of your ears and put them back in your ass.

speese

Originally posted by BobG

The reason perhaps that the crowd starts leaving a little to early is, that the roxy seems to be more of a social scene and more of a bar scene as opposed to a drug scene. At 4am when liquor is no longer served, just soda, juice or hype drinks the vibe might change and reality sets in. don't forget, there are early admission incentives for people so those persons who got there say between 11 and 12:30 will have been drinking for a good 3 to 5 hours before liquor is no longer served. All good afterhour parties start going after 3am..ususally there's nobody in between 11 and 1am even 2am.By 2am the roxy is crowded..perhaps its a trade off because from what most people say the roxy has overall a very good looking crowd that prefers perhaps more of a social and drinking scene.. The roxy being in business for over 18 years, has a good relationship with the police. This is the way the ownership wants this party to be, not they are unaware of the drug scene but especially after twilo and tunnel closed they will not take any chances with looking the other way.

This is soooo true! But personally i love how the atomosphere is less drugs and more good-looking people, who are there for the music, to dance, and to have a goodtime. If i wanted a drug seen i wud go to an after hours party. But i totally love ROXY's consistent atmosphere of being a social scene. Everytime i go to ROXY i see the best dancers / best dressed guys and girls in NYC.

~SaL C.~:cool:

SaL C. Homepage

i could care less about club names/locations/reputations.

i do reports about nights, the time that i had, the time others seem to have, and generally give advice to people who like to go to clubs. i do reviews.

k.thx.drivethru.

how the hell are you people saying the floor was packed the whole night? (unless you consider 2-3 the whole night) there was about 10 people there after 4! I am a big JV fan but I have to say that I was not impressed...if he was that great more people would have stayed for longer than an hour.

in all party history, ROXY never has stayed open late.... The party does not have afterhours... and to say that it wasnt good because it wasnt packed well you dont know much bout clubs now do you.... the 4th of july weekend it really isnt to easy to pack a club, you are competing with the jersey shore, and the hamptons, where most of the people are going....trust me for being 4th of july weekend i was impressed with the amount of people that were there.. and beyond happy with the night.... like i said it was one of the days we celebrated my bday and i honestly had one of the best celebreations ever.,..

roxy was off the fuckin hook last fri!!! johnny tore the roof off alllll nite. it want his normal hard trance sound..he stayed tribal and housey all nite...but i loved it. he worked every track. esp Love At First Site!! (bigpoppanils got it right: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: )

as far as opening dj? vicious spun the whole nite except ffor a few tracks in the middle. after the mixer broke, and they had to install a new one, mike mac spun a few tracks, then it was back to johnny. we left around 5...johnny was still on. so if chris the greek came on after that i wouldnt know.

hawaii...we were in the dj booth for a good part of the nite. where the hell were u? i was chillin with bobby and mike mac for a while.

as far as the crowd. i think just the right amount of ppl were there. the room was full, not packed. u had plenty of room to move, but it didnt feel like it was empty. and the girls were def ALL gorgeous. roxy always has a good lookin crowd.

i cant wait till next month when vicious is back.