Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakenfold last night...

Last night I decided to go help Dave out at Exit, got in for free and got to chill with him the whole night. CP sold 400 tickets and most people working there still didn't know who the hell we were. We even had problems getting in, guy said we couldn't walk back and forth. Anyway...

We get it and go to our "section" and what do you know... De Ja Vou Robin!! The waitress over there says this is a bottle serivice only area. So eventually we convince her that we reserved this space so we can share it. She was the only waitress in this area and requested that all orders be handled by her. She sold at most 2-3 bottles and was running around the rest of the night. I worked the ropes and let people in who bought tickers from clubplanet.com, met a few new CP faces... give me a shout out since I know who you all are but forget a few names and don't want too look like an ass.

Overall I had a blast working the ropes, just ask Dave. The waitress said "let the asians in" because they are the main promoters. So basically all the Asians just walked right by all night to hang out in the back area. Our new friend Joe the Bouncer kicked a few out for E and weed, he's actually a really chill guy. I had fun but it is a tough job, i'm too much a nice guy. The waitress kept coming up to me and pointing at people... "these your friends?" I'm like.. yeah they are. One guy actually paid me to make sure him and his girl could get back in later.

Oakenfold came on around 2am, the opening DJ was pretty good but I never found out who he was. Overall Oakenfold dropped a pretty nice set, about 2-3 trainwrecks in the middle of a track. He played out his usual god like character and the crowd was going nuts,I laughed. People usually bash Tiesto for playing old school tracks, but shit... Oakenjoke dropped shit from Tranceport 1 and 1998-1999.

The sound system sounded pretty good, much better than any other night. The entire place was rediculously hot, i'm surprised nobody died. It wasn't as packed as Tiesto or PVD(so i heard) so moving around the stairwells and back hallways wasn't too difficult.

Dave was too lazy to take pics, so I stole his camera and took a bunch. They should be posted later today. Thanks to DaVe for everything, I had a great time lending helping hand. Would I have paid $40-$50 to get in?? Hell No. Hope everyone had a great time at Roxy too, peace.

Had a great time last night. It was nice meeting you Tek, and a few other CP'ers, just don't remember anyones names....sorry.

The place it self sucked as usual, tooo hot and nasty. At least put some fans out on the floor to circulate the air........That was one of the main reasons, I did not stay in the CP section....it was a sauna.....

Over all I think Oakey played great, some "oldies but goodies"....he also mixed up some of the trax off Bunka his new CD.....

Great time....unfortunatly for me, every venue Oakie plays at is a horrible expeirience....at least this time the sound system was great and most of the people were there for him, at least it looked that way on the dance floor...

Hope you all enjoyed your selves

Peace.

I had a blast last night. I saw oakie at CPI's on wednesday, he dropped alot "harder" tracks at exit for the most part. I had a great night both times seeing him this week.

I couldnt get in the Clubplanet "area". Whoever was working the rope when i walked up said you need to have bought a ticket to get in. I was looking forward to meeting you guys but oh well...i know how it goes.

The crowd (on the dancefloor) was really into the set. It made me wanna dance even more. Off the floor, usual exit crackheads.

As for the "no one died" comment, well, second floor balcony towards the bathrooms, around 5:30am, Booom, kid drops to the floor, puking, convulsing. Then nothing....bouncers are trying to wake him up. Nothing. Carried him outside. Shit was wackkkkk.

But all in all a great night.

It was certainly nice to meet all of you last nite. Tek, dunno if you remember but I was the asian that was dancing all nite and you took a picture of me :D Joe was fun to hang out with as well. We are talking about the EMT guy right? Anyways, it was indeed a sick nite, don't think I've danced like that in months. The waitress is kinda anal but whatever, I got to stay in the CP area so it's all good. First time seeing oakie live and I must say it was quite an experience! Look forward to the next party! I'm Jackson by the way for anyone who met me last nite.

I got so lucky las nite. I didnt have a ticket but then some guy while i was waitin in line sold me his for 30 BUX :D

Oakenfold was great but the heat kinda ruined everything. I had to go on the rooftop to cool off in the middle of his set cuz I couldnt fukin take it nemore.

Oakie played a pretty good set and definitely entertained the crowd. All I could see was a sea of bobbing heads and people dancing their asses off. But thank god for the clubplanet area - I think I might have died from the heat. It was so nice to finally meet Dave and teklord - I'm one of the newbies that you met. All in all it was a good night... especially after stopping at Gray's Papaya's for a recession special.. mmmmm....

i was there last nite too! but.... didnt see anyone from club planet :( oops i forgot to find out where the CP area was. anyways, i had a blast, for some reason i always have a good time there while everyone else thinks it sucked. i can't help goin nuts on the dancefloor... oh well.

i was on the stage for most of the time and met a ton of people. ...cant say i wont be going back next friday ;)

~ashley

Great set. Oakenfold worked the crowd over really good. But all the comments about the heat were dead on also. Shit, I thought I was going to die of heat exhaustion. God knows how much water I drank last night just to keep from dehydrating.

oakie was definately doodoo nasty. The southern sun remix was hot. I hate EXIT!!!! Whomever redesigned FORGET TO PUT FANS IN THERE!! I left and was completely drenched. When i went to Arc afterwards, the bouncer didnt even pat me down because he didnt want to get soaked. Anyway, i think the opener was Liquid Todd, he did a really good job of warming up the crowd.

I went to Arc afterwards...they did a really good job of giving that club a facelift. And compliments to Teneglia's crowd...wow..there were some reallllllllly hot chicks there..the later the better. Teneglia also ripped it apart as usual...so overall props to him.

You know what time it is? Its beer o'clock and I'm buyin! :cool:

Yep, Oakey was Perfect-O last night! The only reason I would ever step into a hell hole like Exit is b/c of that man. Sure enough as soon as he ended his set I was out the EXIT as soon as possible. I was by the front of the dj booth the whole night surrounded by hardcore Oakey fans, shout out to all the peeps I enjoyed the music with last night. Overall, it was a good crowd around that area. Oh and who can't forget the 200 d-gree weather. The only place that had fresh air was the roof top, which was like the twilite zone b/c I thought I had stepped into the jersey shore :no:

Props to Teklord for holdin it down(first CP member I have met so far)

Oh, does anyone know who that smokin girl was working the CP table for ticket pick-up?(whatever the fuck its called)

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

Is Exit anything like Saci? I mean with the bottle service type shit?

I've never been to Saci so I don't know. The bottle service is soooo gay. But I let clubplanet people into the "VIP" chill area anyway, fuck bottle service. People just wanted to sit down and try and cool off. Exit can take their $500 bottles and shove em up their ass.

pk1 - nice meeting you! That girl working the door doesn't post on CP, but if you ask DaVe maybe he can give you info. :cool:

peaches22 - definetely a pleasure hanging out with you, mad cool group. Hope to see you out more often.

streetraver - Yep I remember you, hopefully dave will post the pics soon. Our area was a little too wet though, took some skill to break it down.

cro - u know how exit is... everything went just as expected, no real surprises there.

We tried to find the large Clubplanet banner but there was no chance in hell so we were stuck putting up a few paper signs around the area which got pulled down anyway.

Left DC at 5:30pm. Got to NYC at 9:15pm. Ate pizza on 42nd street. Caught a cab to EXIT and got there at 10pm. Went up to the roof top - free drinks (woohoo!). Watched the club fill up then headed to the dance floor... didn't find the CP area, perhaps next time! Liquid Todd did a great job getting the crowd warmed up for Oakey... I mean LITERALLY warmed up... by 12am I was soaked and the dance floor was PACKED to just about breathing capacity. My feeling is EXIT gets a LOT of their profit from selling bottled water for $5!!! Was I impressed with the club? It wasn't bad, better than expected based on the reviews I've read on here. Mind you, I'm comparing it to the likes of Tiesto/World (BIG time suck-hole), Pete Tong/Twilo ('nuff said), and Tiesto/Limelight (a world unto its own). Oakie came on a little after 2am to the pointing of the crowd and threw down a pretty good set, all things considered. I heard him at Buzz/Nation here in Wash DC last year where he spun a pretty good set too. Sure, he's no 7 - 9 h Tiesto/Corsten/PVD simply because he doesn't dig the music and the crowd like these guys do! That's what becomes of you when you sell your soul ;) Absolutely had to take water breaks to avoid dying from dehydration though! Wandered around the club, the rooftop was a great place to cool off, for sure. Who span after Oakie finished around 4am? He kept the crowd pretty pumped! And who WAS the girl in the 'I love Genie' outfit dancing up a storm on the rooftop??? YOWZAS she was a heavenly vision of loveliness :tongue: Finally left around 5am after drying out up top! I have to say I had a great time, despite the heat. The crowd were great and were totally into the music - see, in my opinion it's not where you go but what the crowd is like where you go. Sure, it was hot and sweaty but that was to be expected with a club FULL of people. I'm wondering what kind of fire regulations EXIT have ;)

:confused: I had a great time Friday nite, but can somebidy tell me who were the last 2 DJ's after Oakie? No one seemed to know at the time. Someone actually said "Geez! You don't know? That's Paul Oakenfold!" (DUHH!!) But this was at like 5:30 and it was an Asian guy (who kicked ass, BTW!) So if you know who the last 2 DJ's were ...pleazz share with the class! :)

Originally posted by eddiebang

that would be me.. i played from 4-6am.. thanks =)

Yo.... Your name sounds VERY familiar... Where have you spun before?

Didn't you spin at Twilo on a Wednesday night for Who Wants To Be A DJ?? I'm sorry I missed your set. Keep us informed as to where your future gigs are.

one of em mighta been Jason Ojeda....i am not positive, as soon as Mr. Oakenfold took off...me and Pk1 peaced out to Arc and let Mr. Teneglia do his duty....by the way...don't bother Danny while he's workin!!!

Did anyone see a couple there on friday, the girl was a hot blonde wearing black pants and this really hot white shirt and the guy was blonde too and had on black pants with no shirt. They were tearing up the dance floor all night and i have to admit, just watching them together made me want to have a threesome. What a fucking awesome crowd. Oakie played an awesome set and the 2 djs after him rocked too. Who was the one after the asian guy? He played an awesome set and really kept the crowd jumping. I thought it might get slow after oakie left but the night continued to be perfect. I had no clue how to get into that CP vip room. Was that the room that you had to buy a bottle of fucking 300 crystal to get in??? I dont even care at this point. Definately the best night out of the summer so far.

Originally posted by graves962

Did anyone see a couple there on friday, the girl was a hot blonde wearing black pants and this really hot white shirt and the guy was blonde too and had on black pants with no shirt. They were tearing up the dance floor all night and i have to admit, just watching them together made me want to have a threesome. What a fucking awesome crowd. Oakie played an awesome set and the 2 djs after him rocked too. Who was the one after the asian guy? He played an awesome set and really kept the crowd jumping. I thought it might get slow after oakie left but the night continued to be perfect. I had no clue how to get into that CP vip room. Was that the room that you had to buy a bottle of fucking 300 crystal to get in??? I dont even care at this point. Definately the best night out of the summer so far.

it is nice to hear that someone can still have a good time at exit. i have associated so many bad emotions with that place that i don't know if i could ever have a great night there again.