Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How much (salary wise) do you think your work is worth??

I always hear people bitch and fucking moan that they aren't getting paid enough....well if not...then what is it you do and what do YOU think you should be gettin salary wise instead of your current salary?

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

cool question

So why don't you answer it? :half:

I earn enough for the amount of work that they give me. I'm a *junior* developer, and my work lives up to my title. If they were to give me more challenging projects, then I might think of asking for more. For now, I can't complain.

hmm.... well... i only work for tips... so i dont even get a salary... but honestly, some nights i dont even need one... cuz i make a couple hundred in a matter of 2 hours on a busy busy night... but when its slow, i make hardly anything... so it kinda sucks not having a salary to make up for when business is a lil slow... i can honestly say that minimum wage would be fine for me and the people i work with... considering we do well for ourselves when the place is busy... but i think a lil something to compensate for the nights that i pour like 5 drinks :tongue: would be nice

Originally posted by £ddie

Not sure what you're referring to lol, but I know how much he makes because it's what I make, and what everyone at a large law firm makes. And the hours usually suck just as much. :worry2:

Umm... I was just making some lame attempt at a joke by suggesting that Dan isn't worth much. ;)

<sigh>

Maybe I should go to bed now... :worry:

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

Because I don't have a job

In which case, you're certainly worth more than you're being paid.

That wasn't so hard now, was it? :tongue:

(good luck finding a job... :) )

Originally posted by quoth

I always hear people bitch and fucking moan that they aren't getting paid enough....well if not...then what is it you do and what do YOU think you should be gettin salary wise instead of your current salary?

i get paid WAYYYYYY too much for the amount of work i do. i do nothing!!! i sit here all day online and help a customer about once every 2 hours on a normal day. but im not complainin. :biggrin:

i think the reason everyone bitches about not getting paid enough is because we as people are greedy in some ways and we want more money to get more things.... i do catering and i get paid 9 dollars an hour off the books... not too bad for a part time job during the summer/college...... i also run a sex service, good looking females only between the ages of 17 and 30, hey ladies first time is free!!!!!!:eek::3some:

Originally posted by hoke

In which case, you're certainly worth more than you're being paid.

That wasn't so hard now, was it? :tongue:

(good luck finding a job... :) )

thanx, i actually just got a job today delivering pizzas. The owner said I should make on average 15 bucks an hour.

Originally posted by clubbhoppintg

I think i should make more $$...i do landscaping...hard ass work.

werd...

im definitely with you on that one brotha man. I'm a blue-collar worker myself and fuckin i actually love the challenge of hard physical labor but fuckin unions and more bang for the buck would definitely be nice in either of our fields of blue-collar work...plus i feel for ya....cause yer shits only seasonal.

Hells yea...i wake-up at 5:30-5:45am every morning monday - sat. We work till around 6:30 - 7:00pm on the regular. I get $100 a day, cash. I mean its good money, but i break my ass. Im a hard worker. I love the tan and keeping in shape part though.

I dont complain about it...i just deal with it...gotta save up money for the un-employed winter months and school. And these damn clubs cover-charges kill me. :blown:

I was making 13.20 an hour doing customer service for Bn.com. I lived like I was rich because I have no expenses except school. I just worked on the weekend and made like 200 a week. I did barely anything, I just had to answer phones and do emails. It was boring as hell, but who the money was dalsome. Anyway, I got laid off yesterday along with the whole weekend shift, so now im back to probably like 7 an hour doing labor work somewhere. Anyone know some jobs, PM me. :tongue:

I work part time in the summer working retail at the mall. I don't get paid well at all but I deserve to get paid so much less. I am the master of pretending to do work. haha, I can't believe I had the balls to ask for a raise. the sad thing is that i got it.