Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Cox @ ARC....WHA????? CARL FUCKING COX

Ok ok ok

not Starting any Rumors but, somone told me, (Who is kinda in the know) That Carl Cox, will be spinning sometime in Sept at ARC, and that he might do a monthly Resident there?

im sorry, but how fucking sick would that be?

Now if there only could be a Capacity fucking limit,

whats everyones thought's on this"

im getting Wet, lol:laugh:

Originally posted by gmoneyjive

jesus christ.... in the past few days I've heard about sasha, mauro picotto, and now carl cox @ arc?!?! now if they could triple the size of the place & add st. peters and a gate it would officially be heaven...

that is a serious overstatement there buddy.

i wouldnt go to untill 6am either, but how fucking sick is that, and to get him EVERY month, i just wish the place was bigger, i do like the small space tho, but if they just didint over crowd the place, it would be soooooooooooo sick!!!

light's SOUND

CARL UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

jesus christ.... in the past few days I've heard about sasha, mauro picotto, and now carl cox @ arc?!?! now if they could triple the size of the place & add st. peters and a gate it would officially be heaven...

uh...no...heaven is in london and has gatecrasher and bedrock residencies

:cool:

well.. being that the *steve dash phazon* has been implemented... twilo's former owners "promise" of a new club, seems to have been completely thrown out the window. Don't get me wrong, I know it is not easy in this town to open up a brand new club in a new space, but they were talking like they had something already locked down. Basically, what they did is take over vinyl and make it their own, sans DT fridays. (Not that this is news to anyone)

All I'm saying, is that, until Crobar opens, Vinyl is going to the be the hot spot for all the international talent.. how much bitching can we possibly do about the size of the place? we should be on our fuckin hands and knees and be thankful that we get to see these guys in such a small venue. overseas they play to thousands of *punters*. I hate being in a cramped place as much as the next person, if you don't like it stay home! or do like hoke said and wait till 6 am (although you'll miss half the nite that way).

CC will be at Area2 in a few weeks.. if you wanna see him THAT bad in a bigger place, then go there!!

Originally posted by lasix

well.. being that the *steve dash phazon* has been implemented... twilo's former owners "promise" of a new club, seems to have been completely thrown out the window. Don't get me wrong, I know it is not easy in this town to open up a brand new club in a new space, but they were talking like they had something already locked down. Basically, what they did is take over vinyl and make it their own, sans DT fridays. (Not that this is news to anyone)

All I'm saying, is that, until Crobar opens, Vinyl is going to the be the hot spot for all the international talent.. how much bitching can we possibly do about the size of the place? we should be on our fuckin hands and knees and be thankful that we get to see these guys in such a small venue. overseas they play to thousands of *punters*. I hate being in a cramped place as much as the next person, if you don't like it stay home! or do like hoke said and wait till 6 am (although you'll miss half the nite that way).

CC will be at Area2 in a few weeks.. if you wanna see him THAT bad in a bigger place, then go there!!

good point...

but can anyone tell me why a bigger place (say, roxy) can't get this kinda talent?? (besides exit, lets not even go there)

the argument I've heard before from promoters was that these big name djs charge ridiculous fees... but arc holds less ppl and thus can make less $$... what's the deal?

good point...

but can anyone tell me why a bigger place (say, roxy) can't get this kinda talent?? (besides exit, lets not even go there)

the argument I've heard before from promoters was that these big name djs charge ridiculous fees... but arc holds less ppl and thus can make less $$... what's the deal?

because roxy can pull a huge crowd with a dj who already lives in new york. they have no need or desire to change what they do.

these *rediculous* fees are only rediculous to the people who are used to paying much less and getting a good return on it. Cox is one of the highest paid dj's.. lets say he gets $15,000 for a gig.. you get 500 people in the place at $30 a head, and he is covered... pack a few more people in and cover your costs, then stick the rest in your fat pockets. the renovations excuse can only be used for a short time.. every business has expenses. they shouldnt have to be taken out on the patrons in one fell swoop. (i.e. raising cover charges to astronomical rates).

Mixed feelings Batman!!!

I dunno... Cox would make the crowd @ DT v DH look like child's play... the only way to work around it would be to charge a lot UNIFORMLY throughout the night... since Cox isn't someone you can see every week or even once a month, it would be worth it to dig into my pockets...

If he had a monthly tho, that would be fuckin' phenomenal... Howells, Calderone and Cox, that leaves one Saturday a month free for miscellaneous artists... not bad... maybe a monthly for Deep Dish too? :idea:

. . I'm not going into details . . . but I'll say this, cause I found out the truth recently: The DJ doesn't see the charge that's collected at the door, that's ALL the Promoters and Club Owners . . . This is the case at Exit for the Big names . . . Smaller names, who knows . . .

no chance of a monthly.

they already have 2 monthly residents, calerone and howells. that leaves 2 nights open for them to bring in other talent. it would be absolutely retarded to limit themselves to one special guest a month

Originally posted by jayp

no chance of a monthly.

they already have 2 monthly residents, calerone and howells. that leaves 2 nights open for them to bring in other talent. it would be absolutely retarded to limit themselves to one special guest a month

No, not retarded at all, not when have djs who are guaranteed to draw the crowds at least 3 out of 4 weekends a month, plus one wild card.