Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roxy Last Night---

roxy off the meter again....girls reeeeedic again......drinks strong as hell again....i feel like my roxy reviews are just repetative...all these things are pretty much given..but last nite was definitely different in one respect...

MUZZZZZZZIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Mike Rizzo kicked it off with some sikkkkk tribal...at one point it was just tomba drums for like 5 mins...I was in heaven....people dancing like crazy madd circles....definitely a great set...

Nero came on and played some good tracks, Zanzabar, My Beat, Play With Me as part of a nice tech set to end his set...good stuff...

"AND THEN THE AFTERHOURS BEGIN"

Ink starts his set with a sample saying this, over and over, then a kick comes on MUCH MUCH louder than any muzik had been all night and he proceeded to rock it...anyone who thought he'd come with the vocals for afterhours was sadley mistaken...Resistance, Shu Du....cant wait till TOOOOOOOOOOOOCH joins Ink next week for afterhours...

Good seein the normal crew, Larry, Debbie (hope ur feelin better), Robin, Karrrrch the super mack, WHERE WAS DMIRTY??

again a great nite at roxy....i came home, slept an hour and then got 5 stitches in my chin from catchin an elbow in my bball game fri nite...of course i bandaged it up and went out so i was rollin thru Roxy with bandages on my face with 1000000 hot girls everywhere :rolleyes: my luck sucks. Def see ya'll next week

Mikey BuGouT

OK.... I'll say it again.... NERO did not have a good night. Agreed he played some good tracks, but his transitions and beats were homogenous. He kept stopping and pausing, but would not deliver the hammer after a stop. My friends and I were very disappointed.

Shawn Ink brought us back up with some excellent tracks and smooth continuous beats.

Sorry NERO, maybe next time.

Also.... How many freaking promotors say the same damn thing every week. You can't believe half the stuff you read on this board because somebody will say time and again.. ROXY was great, when maybe it wasn't. Then go post a negative review about another DJ. Donald Glaude definitly has skills, so I can't believe people saying that they didn't like his shit.

Let's be more honest so we can give people better information.

Originally posted by chemglow2000

OK.... I'll say it again.... NERO did not have a good night.

Donald Glaude definitly has skills, so I can't believe people saying that they didn't like his shit.

Uhhh......... Maybe Glaude did not have a good night either then? :idea:

Can't be on point 100% of the time.

I finally attended the masses at Roxy last night. Club was great, nice, clean, good looking peope etc...Music was off though. It seemed like the mixing was alittle off from Nero and there was no real flow. At one point the DJ was rippin up an Insomnia track...and then....blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Afterhours...well...lets just say i was alittle too messed up to be making comments on it...Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Def. a good night though...i will be attending again after i talk to Bobby about some good Dj's. I know people have their off nights, ive heard Nero at Exit and he was good...but last night man, well, just impress me again next time. Ill be a regular there hopefully...peace.

chemglow...

Im sorry nero disappointed you, but i was just wondering who made u god of muzik so that when u say Nero was bad, everyone else who said he was good must be wrong.

I am a dj and i know a thing or 2 about music. I dont remember nero stopping once. I DO remember him brining the music down only to have it SLAM back up and its a technique that every day from Mauro Picotto to PVD to JP to every day I know uses so if ur knocking him for that then hes in good company.

AND FYI, I am not a promoter from Roxy, nor have i ever spun there. I just post my review to show people from CP what went on there. If u feel my review is somehow biased, then when u see my name, don't read it. I come home and I tell it like i saw it and i experienced it. That place is a great time for me. Maybe you like a different enviroment, (maybe the girls werent hot enough :confused: )

Im not sayin you cant post ur opinion, please dont stop doing that. But from your tone, u seem annoyed that Nero and the roxy have gotten some positive reviews. Am i misunderstanding you?

Mike BuGouT

Originally posted by chemglow2000

Then go post a negative review about another DJ. Donald Glaude definitly has skills, so I can't believe people saying that they didn't like his shit.

I heard he sucked.. but whatever............

Yeah Mikey I feel better... lol... tooooo much to drink.. larry had to drive my car home and then he was stranded at my house sat while i was at work all day till i drove him home sun morning.. i felt horrible.. i hate drinking... im such a frecking light weight!!!

I had a great night tho till i got sick.. :( Great seeing the regulars... Larry, Rob, Mike and Karch

Nero, Chris, Bob, Ant and Jenise good seeing you guys again.. its been a while.. Nero great set, I got pics of course....!

Andrew nice of you to finally come out!!! See you soon.

Rizzo... great set.. i got some pics.. i need to get them developed tho...