Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rain, Rain, and Rain

cooljunkie

The Club, The Vodka, and The Natural stuff, and it was all good. Big props to Frank, Miss M, Craig, and Sean (even though we had to cut your set a little short - sorry :) ) for a kickass soundtrack.

Nice to see all the mafia - thanks to all who came, including last man on the dancefloor Mr GK ;)

See you at the next one...

All the DJ's were great, but I've got to give it up for

MR. CRAIG DEMO!

I was totally not expecting that set. I've heard him spin a few times before out on the patio at Space, but Friday night he brought it down!!!!! He brought the beats, the funk, the tech ------------> I couldn't stop dancing (and here I thought I was just gonna chill on the sofas and sip a cocktail all night). Wicked good surprise.

Originally posted by joeygk

All the DJ's were great, but I've got to give it up for

MR. CRAIG DEMO!

I was totally not expecting that set. I've heard him spin a few times before out on the patio at Space, but Friday night he brought it down!!!!! He brought the beats, the funk, the tech ------------> I couldn't stop dancing (and here I thought I was just gonna chill on the sofas and sip a cocktail all night). Wicked good surprise.

I told you I was do something different:D :D :D

I'm glad you liked it. Big thanks to Nick and Sarah for another great party. And thanks to everyone that was there supporting all of us. Looking foward to the next one!!!

I had a good time @ the party and was good seeing Frank and Sean drop down some beats. However, I'd like to bring it to the attention to Cooljunkie and any of the Rain staff that reads the board. I was very, very shocked and disappointed with the black doorman that was working that night. Upon entering the club, I was chit chatting with friends at the door. Mind you it was drizziling and we were standing outside while this guy was scratching his nutsacks at the pace of a turtle. I was casually smoking a cigarette when he snaps at me and tells me that the next time to blow the smoke out of his face. now, I may have or may not have blown smoke towards him but it was accidental and I really did not appreciate the tone of voice that he used at me. I gave him a sly face and replied, yeah, next time and I walked into the venue. 10 minutes later the same doorman aggresivly approaches me and says if I was the guy that blew smoke in his face. I didn't even bother replying his question and then got closer to my face and asked me what was I gonna do now. At that point it was obvious that he was looking beef and wanted to ruin my night which I really wasn't in the mood for. He then told me that the next time he would beat my ass?? I was like WTF? who the fuck is this guy threatning me at a club that I've been too more times than he's worked nights? I went to go support a good cause and to see my friends play and I get that kind of treatment from the club staff?. At that point is when I realized how shitty that club has become. When you have doormen starting beef with clientel, believe me when I say that it is not good business. Where the fuck has Rain gone? shambles it looks like. It looked run down with absolutley no vibe or energy. All that energy that Groove Jet and Joe Budious' Aquabooty nights built up has dissapated to absolutely nothing. To make matters worse, I (amongst 15 other people) saw the lighting tech (guy with red bandana) get into a shove match with one of the security working the little lounge. The reason you ask? becuase the lighting tech opened up the room to the public (which was the same 15 people standing there for over a half an hour including the deckjunkies that were spinning there) and there was no clearance from the manager. Now, call me crazy, but what kind of establishment has employee's getting into a shove match and almost going into blows because they opened up a room in a club? not a very good one to say the least. You guys didn't do your homework when you hired the staff there that's for sure. I for one am NEVER stepping foot into that club again after how I was treated and what I saw that night. It was an absolute buzz kill, vibe kill, energy kill and everything in between. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

Daniel

Originally posted by digital7

I had a good time @ the party and was good seeing Frank and Sean drop down some beats. However, I'd like to bring it to the attention to Cooljunkie and any of the Rain staff that reads the board. I was very, very shocked and disappointed with the black doorman that was working that night. Upon entering the club, I was chit chatting with friends at the door. Mind you it was drizziling and we were standing outside while this guy was scratching his nutsacks at the pace of a turtle. I was casually smoking a cigarette when he snaps at me and tells me that the next time to blow the smoke out of his face. now, I may have or may not have blown smoke towards him but it was accidental and I really did not appreciate the tone of voice that he used at me. I gave him a sly face and replied, yeah, next time and I walked into the venue. 10 minutes later the same doorman aggresivly approaches me and says if I was the guy that blew smoke in his face. I didn't even bother replying his question and then got closer to my face and asked me what was I gonna do now. At that point it was obvious that he was looking beef and wanted to ruin my night which I really wasn't in the mood for. He then told me that the next time he would beat my ass?? I was like WTF? who the fuck is this guy threatning me at a club that I've been too more times than he's worked nights? I went to go support a good cause and to see my friends play and I get that kind of treatment from the club staff?. At that point is when I realized how shitty that club has become. When you have doormen starting beef with clientel, believe me when I say that it is not good business. Where the fuck has Rain gone? shambles it looks like. It looked run down with absolutley no vibe or energy. All that energy that Groove Jet and Joe Budious' Aquabooty nights built up has dissapated to absolutely nothing. To make matters worse, I (amongst 15 other people) saw the lighting tech (guy with red bandana) get into a shove match with one of the security working the little lounge. The reason you ask? becuase the lighting tech opened up the room to the public (which was the same 15 people standing there for over a half an hour including the deckjunkies that were spinning there) and there was no clearance from the manager. Now, call me crazy, but what kind of establishment has employee's getting into a shove match and almost going into blows because they opened up a room in a club? not a very good one to say the least. You guys didn't do your homework when you hired the staff there that's for sure. I for one am NEVER stepping foot into that club again after how I was treated and what I saw that night. It was an absolute buzz kill, vibe kill, energy kill and everything in between. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

Daniel

Yo Dan that shit is weak but its common place these days... Remember these guys don't make shit, they are ususally nasty, smell bad and probably in a sorry ass mood cause they aint gettin none... Anyways, I got into something similar the other day at space... I understand your decision. . . Dont let these assfucks ruin your fun...

It was cool to see some CP representation at Rain that night. Miss Moltov's set sounded great even though she was pissed cuz the light of the turntable fell on her record....but she recovered nicely....

Frank threw it down nasty with some hip hop, downtempo acid jazz funk breakbeats that I don't know how the fuck he was pulling those records from his ass! It was good to hear nickel bag of funk by digable planets.....brought back some memories....I didn't get to hear Craig too much cuz he started at around the time I went on...at 2am I think it was......

sucks I only played for a little bit...I didn't know what the fuck had happened......first, the sound guy turned off the speakers and left me with just the monitor......then Nick comes up and tells me to play one more record and that's it...... :( I didn't know what to tell all my friends who had come out to see me spin.....there were at least 20 of my friends there that were like, "Who is that DJ and why is he taking over?!"......and I was like...."I have no idea but it sucks and I'm sorry..."....at least they got to hear a little bit of breaks.....all my friends are breakbeat-heads from back in the day at the EDGE....I have maybe 2 friends that are into progressive house....anyways, I'm rambling.....

at least we were all in excellent company :)

oh and thanks to Mr. Guerra for the drinks and the hospitality. ;)

Managment isn't so bad at Rain, their attitude just has to reach the foot soldiers.

I feel bad that you had to deal with that guy. If I knew they were holding the door I would have said something.

What happened to Digital7 is unacceptable. I expected more decency and professionalism from the people working the door at rain. Even getting into the lounge room was a hassle. The bouncer arbitrarily decides to keep the lounge room closed much longer then the rest of the club????? Normally the lounge room is the first place open. If the hold up wasn't bad enough the lighting tech got into a shoving match with the bouncer.

Originally posted by cooljunkie

Hey Danny,

I was there at the door and saw the problem - we'll be mentioning it to Rain this week. Really sorry about your hassle but I hope you had a good night otherwise.

cheers,

nick .junkie.

there's really no need to apologize, since you can't control people and it was totally out of your hands. But I feel something should be mentioned.

Attomic - I hear ya .. check your PM's

as usual, the cp heads made the night. a big thanks to the junkies for giving us the chance to prove our worth.

sean, if i would've known your set was going to be cut short, i would've cut my set short. btw - it was my pleasure droppin those old tracks.

now danny...i had no idea that had happened to you. and that's pretty weak! but not so surprising.

Originally posted by meng

there were at least 20 of my friends there that were like, "Who is that DJ and why is he taking over?!"......and I was like...."I have no idea but it sucks and I'm sorry..."...

Sean please tell me the DJ that took over after you wasnt Chucky Brown?!?!?:puke:

It was definately a shame that there weren't more people there that night...it was pretty nasty out all day Friday and also that Sean's set got cut short.

Frank played a wonderful set, just the way I like it...a lil' bit o' this and a lil' bit o' that! Very cool and unconventional!!!

Sean set wasn't even gettin' started by the time he was yanked. A damn shame i tell ya!!!

DJ jealousy, it happens a lot. A 'veteran' DJ sees him or herself getting outclassed by the new guy and freaks out. Take for instance, in Jan/Feb when Dave Seaman was scheduled to be at crobar, but was delayed. Shane and Annemiek were his openers, they played out until he got there...but when it was revealed that he was gonna be late, a certain crobar resident (not Juan, he's got a good head on his shoulders...) started throwing a fit that he couldn't play, and these two 'upstarts' (reality check, the girls have played for quite some time, just not here...) were outclassing him.