Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roxy, Exit, Vinyl, SF, get ready for competition. Crobar and Limelight 2 open in Fall

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

glowbana was not a hoax.. they couldnt get any deals worked out with any clubs in ny... they were trying to get deals that were unrealistic...

well the way things worked out... it made it seem like a hoax

ok ok ok ok ok ok

Glowbana was never really gonna go anywere, they couldnt find a space, there are about 4 VERY nice Available Venue's in NYC right now, and they are all being Faught over basicly, People pushed so hard for the tunnel venue, and for the 17th St venue, and the 28th st venue, the only one that is going to happen, anytime in the next 6 months will be the 28th st venue as Cro-Bar, It is Being done as we speak, limelight is now owned my blair, and is being turned into an AMAZING place, nothing like the old Limelight, they are keeping the gothic feel, but adding a splash of Aww" to it, it will have both gay and Straight night's but mostly it will be a Gay club, with some of NY's Tasty House Dj's, who i will not speak of :) LOL...last time i saw it, it was in Ruble, lol ripped up floor's ,,and it was a mess, they gutted out everything, removed the stage, and the ALTER that was still under it, to make way fora bigger dance floor, and they are adding prob the most amazing light System in NYC to the Space, im looking forward to the re-opening

glowbana, will not happen,

maybe something new will spring up from the glowbana Crew, but not untill they get there OWN Club, and not Rent Say ROXY on a friday and call it glowbana...UGH

Cant wait for crobar

and dan....your annoying as fuck:laugh:

but u made me laugh LOL

About the Crobar - there was an article in the Village Voice back in June saying that it will open this December. The space is literally across the street from Twilo - 28th bt 10th and 11th. They've been working on it since May.

Its a multi-level club similar to SF, Phazon system (as all the Crobar's have), the main floor isn't as big as Twilo but a pretty good size, around 2,000+ person capacity. I also heard that Friday nights end at 6am Sat morning for some reason.

As far as LL2, I just heard this past week that its opening up in November completely renovated.

Das it. Pumped for the Crobar! :D

Looking forward to some new venues in NYC. Crobar in NYC will be sick. I love the room in South Beach. Great look and sound. The new Limelight sounds like it will be really nice too. I hope one of them will bring back the old Twilo fridays with all those huge djs we all love to hear.