Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Roxy DJ Contest - Just For The Record - (Long)

yes...this is all conjecture, but the coincidences just seem to be occuring constantly...and that has to make you wonder...

just some final points:

a) chris did not enter this contest as a "ringer"...his identity was changed because he felt he has been treated unfairly in the past...changing the identity would force the judges to listen to the cd and the cd only...

B) Raver X is what was on the cd NOT LARaver...which tells me someone tampered with the cd after finding out who it was...so why would you change the name on the cd - esp. if it was all about the music??

c) I have heard the cd...and trust me, it is exactly what would fit in at the Roxy...13 years of experience means flexibility and pliability...knowing your audience...etc..etc..

d) a live contest would be much better for something like this...cd production can be performed on any pc...without vinyl...and such cds can be tweaked to utter perfection...this can cause a huge difference between what you hear on a cd and what you get live...as was the case with Justin's set at Roxy...

BobG - great intentions and great promoter...i just think some of the people surrounding you are not to be trusted...further....think about a live dj contest as mentioned above...it's a bit old school, but you can't cheat on the tables...

Best of luck to everyone...i will be in attendance that friday...as i said, i have nothing against the Roxy or BobG...

My mistake..the name was RAVERX.. not LA RAVER. at 2 in the morning i thought I read the name was LA RAVER. I agree with you in that a demo cd could be produced in a studio with perfect mixes, perfect everything..the true test is live in person. An example of this is what I've heard about LOUIE DEVITO..one of the top selling dance compilations on billboard, but I've heard in person has been taken off the turntables and the house dj went back on. I've heard this more then once..The problem is we don't have the time to do a live continuous contest every week to narrow it down to four. It would take to long and other things are planned. I don't believe for a minute there was something shady going on as to Chris Lewis. I believe all six finalists were contacted to tell them they were in the last six chosen. Rizzo called me several times if I new who RAVERX was because that person was in the final six but nobody knew who it was. I think Chris should have spoken to me if he felt there could be a problem which maybe would've had a slant on his demo..what the problem is I don't know since it was all about the demo cd as far as I am concerned. If you're around friday, lets have a drink and talk in person

look i just been meaning to say this lol...but....

If you wanted to conseal yer dj name identity, why would you even put a name like RAVER X? when its just obvious it would be associated with LARAVER....thats just downright DUMB....the whole "RAVER" name might actually have been a real turn off hence the outcome.

btw..

hey BobG no drinks for me??? :(

man and i graced you with the honor of getting photoshopped with larry?

attachment.php?s=&postid=925155

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Sorry guys but unless Justin, Mike and the other 2 winners want to come forward and tell us that Rizzo called them too, sorry but I'm not buying that shit as viable.

Further, for those of you that are questioning Chris's talent, I'd just like to point out that he's been doing this for 13 years. What can most of you claim? 3 years? 5 years? maybe 7 years? If anyone else has been spinning longer than him I'll be very surprised. And it just seems to me that maybe, just maybe, after 13 years of spinning and making a name for himself on the west coast, it's just odd that he suddenly can't even win a DJ contest at the freakin' Roxy.

I only put in my 2 cents when my name or interests are brought up, so to answer your ?'s

yes, mike called me to ask me about my cd.

<---DJing since 1989. :eek:

Mike

Hey everyone....

I have no idea about anything other than this...

Ive been playin a long time. Mike asked me to submit something so I did...

I have been out of things for a while while ive been gettin into producing, but ive been around a while, even since Palladium days on the main floor, so this is a cool way to jump back into things...

But its not about that...I just wanted to say everything seems very fair and well organized....

And I hope to meet some of you that night...Come see me ill have some copies of my new track on me..

Good luck to everyone else involved...

Originally posted by quoth

look i just been meaning to say this lol...but....

If you wanted to conseal yer dj name identity, why would you even put a name like RAVER X? when its just obvious it would be associated with LARAVER....thats just downright DUMB....the whole "RAVER" name might actually have been a real turn off hence the outcome.

Man i thought the same thing when I saw that hahahah. If someone gave me a CD with the name "Raver X" on it I'd throw it out the fucking window without even listening to it :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by dr0ne

Man i thought the same thing when I saw that hahahah. If someone gave me a CD with the name "Raver X" on it I'd throw it out the fucking window without even listening to it :laugh: :laugh:

wow...this and figuring out the whole lengthy thread title...you're one smart mother fawker...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by BobG

My mistake..the name was RAVERX.. not LA RAVER. at 2 in the morning i thought I read the name was LA RAVER. I agree with you in that a demo cd could be produced in a studio with perfect mixes, perfect everything..the true test is live in person. An example of this is what I've heard about LOUIE DEVITO..one of the top selling dance compilations on billboard, but I've heard in person has been taken off the turntables and the house dj went back on. I've heard this more then once..The problem is we don't have the time to do a live continuous contest every week to narrow it down to four. It would take to long and other things are planned. I don't believe for a minute there was something shady going on as to Chris Lewis. I believe all six finalists were contacted to tell them they were in the last six chosen. Rizzo called me several times if I new who RAVERX was because that person was in the final six but nobody knew who it was. I think Chris should have spoken to me if he felt there could be a problem which maybe would've had a slant on his demo..what the problem is I don't know since it was all about the demo cd as far as I am concerned. If you're around friday, lets have a drink and talk in person

Wow....

I have just been watching this thing unfold and I don't wanna comment on or for either side because its not my place seeing as I didn't even enter the contest.....

But that is a sign of true professionalism right there.

i didn't even enter that contest & if i did & won (which i probally wouldn't of cause i didn't know any of the judges), I'd laugh in their face & say "yea right! open for vicious?!?!? bwahahahaha ... "

:laugh: