Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Here is the problem with CP today

Originally posted by somebitch

i think the problem is all the people with expectations of how the board "should be".

:idea:

You mean, "expectations of what it once was". There's many peeps here that were on the board when it started, though I may not be one of them, I do know how the board was friendly when I first joined. It's not a matter of how it "should be", but it be nice if it went back to the same, friendly community in which it once was. Yet, since times mean change, I only see this place getting worse with age.

It was before your time so I can understand you being unknowing. But check the archives and see how much of a pleasure it was to sign on to Club Planet and rattle all day long with your friends. It's sad how much of a change this board has taken. And it's even more sad how the moderators allow some of this shit to seem condoneable.

Originally posted by misskittie

You mean, "expectations of what it once was". There's many peeps here that were on the board when it started, though I may not be one of them, I do know how the board was friendly when I first joined. It's not a matter of how it "should be", but it be nice if it went back to the same, friendly community in which it once was. Yet, since times mean change, I only see this place getting worse with age.

It was before your time so I can understand you being unknowing. But check the archives and see how much of a pleasure it was to sign on to Club Planet and rattle all day long with your friends. It's sad how much of a change this board has taken. And it's even more sad how the moderators allow some of this shit to seem condoneable.

. . I'd have to agree with that . . . When I first started posting, it was a heckuva lot more interesting, which inspired me to converse more . . . Now it's all 2 word replies and inconsequential shit . . . I wouldn't have almost 4000 posts if I was really saying anything of substance, or inspired by others, to do so . . .

And it's even more sad how the moderators allow some of this shit to seem condoneable.

True.

Up until recently, this board hadn't seen moderation in about 6 months... Its starting to change, but still, the damage has been done...

Originally posted by joeg

True.

Up until recently, this board hadn't seen moderation in about 6 months... Its starting to change, but still, the damage has been done...

The damage was done about a year ago.

Oh well...internet boards are beginning to suck in my opinion. There's always some idiot on there ruining it for the rest of the party. Unfortunately for CP though, it seems they have the most degenerates here.

It's easy for them to say shit cuz noone sees their face...so there's no repercussions.

Oh well...internet boards are beginning to suck in my opinion. There's always some idiot on there ruining it for the rest of the party. Unfortunately for CP though, it seems they have the most degenerates here.

It's easy for them to say shit cuz noone sees their face...so there's no repercussions.

Most of us know/have met one another... Its just the stupid 2nd screennames that have to go, for the most part... DaVe?

i talk shit, but mostly to just the pppl i know personally. its all in good fun. no one should take things i say on this board seriously or personally. i just pass the time by readin posts all day and replying with the first thing that comes to mind. its that simple. i just try to entertain myself

Most of us know/have met one another... Its just the stupid 2nd screennames that have to go, for the most part... DaVe?

EXACTLY!!! when ppl start with an "alter ego" thats when drama starts. honestly, dan wilson is funny. cuz he's never bashing anyone on the board..mostly just makin himself look stupid. he's the typical newbie and its entertaining. but these other characters like gsp and others just come on here to bash other ppl and make this board shitty.

yeppp so truee

Originally posted by xtcgspot

EXACTLY!!! when ppl start with an "alter ego" thats when drama starts. honestly, dan wilson is funny. cuz he's never bashing anyone on the board..mostly just makin himself look stupid. he's the typical newbie and its entertaining. but these other characters like gsp and others just come on here to bash other ppl and make this board shitty.

seriously... i'm not gonna bother digging up abortionator's thread... but to reiterate: "call them stupid with the same name you post 'ehh, i'll be at the meetup' with..."

a year ago? honey, where have you been these past uhhh...20 years or so? This is no different from the BBS's of the 80s and USENET of the early 90s (still around, but much less used now).

basically any sort of electronic message board that revolves around a social culture of any sort, be it the raver board, the metalhead board, the clubber board, what have you, ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, eventually degenerates into a pile of useless filth and motherfuckers who simply don't give a shit (hi mom!)....that's just how it is. people get bored and start talking out of their asses. its entertainment, period. you'd have to be a complete fool to take ANYTHING that's said in here seriously or be offended or angered by any of it.

have you ever been on IRC!?!?! If you think CP is bad.... :laugh: :laugh: stay the FUCK away from irc otherwise you're gonna break down crying within moments of entering a channel and making any comment whatsoever. Seriously IRC is like CP times a hundred, people will just rip on each other like there's no tomorrow....and guess what, many of them are friends and they're just fucking around anyway so who gives a shit???

Originally posted by dr0ne

have you ever been on IRC!?!?! If you think CP is bad.... :laugh: :laugh: stay the FUCK away from irc otherwise you're gonna break down crying within moments of entering a channel and making any comment whatsoever. Seriously IRC is like CP times a hundred, people will just rip on each other like there's no tomorrow....and guess what, many of them are friends and they're just fucking around anyway so who gives a shit???

HOLY SHIT, that is so true... IRC is the most brutal medium around...

HOLY SHIT, that is so true... IRC is the most brutal medium around...

no shit! see boys amd girls, before all this AIM, ICQ, AOL chat up the ass shit.....there was (and still is) this little thing called IRC. It stands for internet relay chat, and its basically a HUUUUUGE chat network of dozens of thousands of people who get on everyday with the simple purpose of:

1. verbally assaulting the living fuck out of each other

2. downloading w4r3z

back when i was in school there weren't really any boards like these around, so irc was basically where everyone talked. i'm a seasoned irc motherfucker and seriously, if you think i'm bad on this board....i'm actually an angel on this board compared to the shit that goes on irc hehehehe.

but those were the old days and i got tired of irc.....it just lost its edge i dunno why :rolleyes: guess i got softer as i got older... :laugh: