Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So There's A Warrant For My Arrest....

yep...got a letter from the Tinton Falls, NJ municipal court yesterday to let me know that there is currently a warrant out for my arrest for contempt of court. "to avoid the embarassment and inconvenience of being arrested, please report to the muncipal court to post bail". bail is $253. aint this fuckin grand!!!

ok, well i was supposed to go to court for a speeding ticket last week. but a week or 2 weeks before the court date i called to try to have it changed. the lady said it would be changed and i would get a notice in the mail with the new date.

well apparently they never put it thru. the court has no record that i ever changed the date.

well i can go to the court tomorrow, sign a letter of recognizance (sp?) and i wont be arrested and wont have to post bail. and then i'll get a new court date.

Originally posted by sweetie029

..I got a ticket last month in the city....I pleaded not guilty & they still havent sent me a letter telling me when i need to go to court :rolleyes:

well if you don't hear for two years i think the ticket gets voided or something.

Hmm.. Gary.. depending on when you called in could be why you were still scheduled to appear in court.. on the back of the ticket it usually says the deadline for calling in and re-scheduling. If you missed the deadline then you're expected to be there.

Originally posted by codica3

Hmm.. Gary.. depending on when you called in could be why you were still scheduled to appear in court.. on the back of the ticket it usually says the deadline for calling in and re-scheduling. If you missed the deadline then you're expected to be there.

yea i understand that, and idk wut the deadline date was, but the lady at the court (and dumb ass me didnt ger her name) said that it would be changed and that i would be getting a notice

o there's more....i get to work today..pull into the parking lot and there's 3 cops waiting in the lot. i was scared to get outta my car. i didnt know why, but i thought they showed up atr my work to arrest me. yea..that sounds stupid now..but wut would u think if u were in that situation? i was soooo scared. so i walked in and just sat down and watched them out the window. never found out why they were there. they just left after a little while. they were standing right next to my car though and at one point one cop walked around the back of the car. i think he was just tryin to see wut type of car it was..but i was scared he was gonna run my license plate and see the warrant.

this has been a srtessful day

Originally posted by xtcgspot

o there's more....i get to work today..pull into the parking lot and there's 3 cops waiting in the lot. i was scared to get outta my car. i didnt know why, but i thought they showed up atr my work to arrest me. yea..that sounds stupid now..but wut would u think if u were in that situation? i was soooo scared. so i walked in and just sat down and watched them out the window. never found out why they were there. they just left after a little while. they were standing right next to my car though and at one point one cop walked around the back of the car. i think he was just tryin to see wut type of car it was..but i was scared he was gonna run my license plate and see the warrant.

this has been a srtessful day

yo fucking relax. this shits happened to me like a million times, i even had my license suspended cuz THEY fucked up not me. one time i got pulled over and motherfucker scheduled the court date for FUCKING LABOR DAY. thats right.

they aint gonna do shit, just go to court and straighten it out. go in person if you can. just keep a record of everything to prove that they fucked up not you and you'll be fine. you can even give 'em shit about it and the prosecutor might let you off. worked for me a bunch of times. just play all dumb and how your a working man and doesn't deserve this and its their fault blahblahblah.

do you work for a big company? i got lucky cuz I was friends with the VP of legal affairs at the place i worked....he totally hooked me up....made me sign like 3 affidavits and that was the end of it.

Originally posted by codica3

Hmm.. Gary.. I'd get that taken care of ASAP cause it's just gonna be a hassle if a cop happens to be right behind you and just runs your plates.

well they close b4 i get outta work today, but im goin first thing tomorrow morning!! and im keepin my car at home tonite

Originally posted by bbbooom

i heard if you send a money order and add 1 dollar more it fucks them up and you get all your money back instead of the dollar...just something to think about

Almost... Supposedly if you overpay by a dollar they will send you a check for a dollar back. If you don't deposit the check, this way the case will remain open and they won't assign u points. Not sure if this actually works.

Gary, sucks man. Get it cleaned up as soon as possible. Gluck!!

Originally posted by teklord310

Almost... Supposedly if you overpay by a dollar they will send you a check for a dollar back. If you don't deposit the check, this way the case will remain open and they won't assign u points. Not sure if this actually works.

Gary, sucks man. Get it cleaned up as soon as possible. Gluck!!

yea thats the way its supposed to work. i really doubt it does. i mean, if it did, then why wouldnt everyone do it? everyone knows about it

Originally posted by xtcgspot

yea thats the way its supposed to work. i really doubt it does. i mean, if it did, then why wouldnt everyone do it? everyone knows about it

I just got a speeding ticket too... and did looked over a bunch of shit on the net... quite a few people have not had points assigned this way apparently (by overpaying, then not cashing the check)... and while ppl who surf the net all day like us may know about it... I don't think "everyone" does... :)

Originally posted by sweetie029

..I got a ticket last month in the city....I pleaded not guilty & they still havent sent me a letter telling me when i need to go to court :rolleyes:

That happened to my brother... Well to make a long story short he found out his court date when he got pulled over and arrested for driving without a license due to the ticket he had pleaded not guilty to and was waiting for a court date... Got to love the SYSTEM !!!

:laugh: just pay the 200 dollars and forget about it.

actually, i once got a ticket in jersey for going 90 mph, i never paid it because i live far from jersey and i didnt have checks at the time so i just avoided NJ completely for a few years... last summer i was on my way down to DC to go to buzz and i got pulled over in NJ. I thought they were gonna pull up that old shit and take me in or something but the guy just game me a warning and let me go.

i guess those things wipe out after a little while??? :confused: