Clubplanet Nightlife Community

do you ever feel like there is something missing?

Originally posted by hotcheme

i usually hate negative threads but i have this awful feeling that has been growing this week.

i am at a point in my life right now where my career is on track, my family is happy and healthy, i am going out a lot to hear very satisfying music with people that i enjoy being with, and physically i feel great and am full of energy.

in other words, i am leading a very enviable life.

but i feel like there is something missing or draining me emotionally that is not allowing me to thouroughly enjoy the things that i do.

for example, last week at ps1, i felt that incredible vibe and truly enjoyed seeing so many people there. but i did not get swept up in "that feeling" the way i have other places in the past.

and if any event had the potential to make me feel great, ps1 did.

so what is wrong with me that doesn't allow me to enjoy these things?

goal....

goal is missing, h... when everything is in order you get a little bored.

i have an answer for you though, get married and get yourself a couple of kids. then the life will turm around, you'll have a clear cut goal, you'll get a few problems here and there, but you will enjoy dealing with them.

not that i know what married life is or what it's like having kids, just the above seems to be a reasonable answer... doesn't it?

in any case, you'll be all right ;)

Originally posted by philo

goal....

goal is missing, h... when everything is in order you get a little bored.

i have an answer for you though, get married and get yourself a couple of kids. then the life will turm around, you'll have a clear cut goal, you'll get a few problems here and there, but you will enjoy dealing with them.

not that i know what married life is or what it's like having kids, just the above seems to be a reasonable answer... doesn't it?

in any case, you'll be all right ;)

im not sure if going out and gettin married and poppin out a couple of kids is the best solution to a problem.... her career is supposedly on track so im sure she has her goals figured out somewhat.... and hotcheme... EVERYONE, i dont care who u r, but everyone goes thru times like this... so dont go thinkin u have no right to be depressed... ur life doesnt have to be starving, broke and jobless to be a lil depressed ;) so... enjoy whats good in ur life... and do as i do... and live each day as it comes and do the best u can to make whatever is bringin u down, better! as hard as that may be... but times will turn around hopefully.. and ull feel better without even realizing it

Originally posted by philo

get married and get yourself a couple of kids. then the life will turm around, you'll have a clear cut goal

and there you have it. this is exactly why marriages fail. you've got it all backwards, buddy. getting married and having kids just for the sake of it turns nothing around, and it certainly won't sort your life out. getting married and having kids because for a *brief* moment in time you feel "incomplete" don't make it complete either. and certainly, getting married and having kids even when you're CERTAIN of it don't equate to happiness.

don't just blindly attach yourself to something/someone whenever you feel a void; it may very well be filled by something less tangible and more internal, like a moment of reflection and introspection.

but you were probably kidding. in which case, never mind.

Originally posted by loch

and there you have it. this is exactly why marriages fail. you've got it all backwards, buddy. getting married and having kids just for the sake of it turns nothing around, and it certainly won't sort your life out. getting married and having kids because for a *brief* moment in time you feel "incomplete" don't make it complete either. and certainly, getting married and having kids even when you're CERTAIN of it don't equate to happiness.

don't just blindly attach yourself to something/someone whenever you feel a void; it may very well be filled by something less tangible and more internal, like a moment of reflection and introspection.

but you were probably kidding. in which case, never mind.

:clap2::aright:

guys guys guys.....You're all wrong. Looking at it from the wrong end here. You're not missing something positive like a boyfriend. You said everything is going good, and you feel something missing right? Well there you go, you answered your own question babe, Nothing is wrong, thats what missing. Sheesh.

Damn I wish i had that problem sometimes. So to fix it, go get a headache to start some trouble. :)

You're in a good place, the fam, your job, your friends, new and old. You're enjoying the music, working your butt off, and living your life. But there are things you need to confront, and then move on. Try not to dwell and keep it in. If something is holding you back then there is something you need to address.

maybe its complacenty it happens to all of us it happens to me when i find a job i know i should look for somethin better but then im like well i have it so y bother with lookin for a new job an i get money tru it ain t te most i could earn but it still is loot....until i dun have a job...see my point ? u just have to keep challengin urself thats my $.02

Saturn-the planet of life lessons and restrictions, may be adversely aspecting your Jupiter-the planet of luck, joy, and happiness; or another similarly adverse aspect to saturn.:idea:

The positions of your planets explain it all at clubplanet, like really:worry: ;)

I think it's nice to have someone to share things with IF they're there for you all the time. Being in a relationship doens't always mean happiness. I have a friend who can never find anybody and he's always complaining to me about how lucky people are to have somebody. Is the grass always greener on the other side?

Everyone goes through what you're going through, so don't feel bad.

thanks so much, everyone!

for those of you who saw my smiling face this weekend, you must have thought this thread come from a different person, but it didn't. i just had a nice time at luna and ps1 and i was able to forget about this feeling for a while.

as for kids.... uggh. i don't really like kids and i don't want any right now. i am too consumed by my own life to give that much of myself up to someone else for the rest of my life. i know that sounds really self absorbed, but i am only 22 - there is living to do before i settle.

gothzane - i liked your comment about conflict. it is like you don't appreciate good things as much if you don't have bad things in your life too.

well i'll continue to try and figure this out... i really needed to get this out and your comments are all so valuable to me.

hey, I get this the same feeling when I didn't do something or know I'm not going to be doing something I really want. How is your job or whatever you are doing? Do you have a goal? If so, have you realized that its not obtainable? I get the feeling when I realize that things did not turn out like I wanted them to, even if things are great. I would second taking a vacation and also, if there is something that you always wanted to do....Then do it! If you do I garuantee you will feel somewhat better. Hope it helps :tongue:

Originally posted by gothzane

People are not happy unless they are miserable.

Conflict is the only thing that brings tranquility.

War brings peace

So on and so forth..

tis the cycle of life.

:flame:

a man of few words. brevity is your forte, ol' chap. and it is in this terseness that its meaning resonates.

we have this need to court struggle, this morbid fascination with things difficult. we want conflict and drama in our lives, operating under the notion that perhaps it builds character and makes us aware of ourselves, and profoundly so.

Originally posted by loch

a man of few words. brevity is your forte, ol' chap. and it is in this terseness that its meaning resonates.

we have this need to court struggle, this morbid fascination with things difficult. we want conflict and drama in our lives, operating under the notion that perhaps it builds character and makes us aware of ourselves, and profoundly so.

you are a good writer loch. i had fun yesterday - ps1 is always a cleansing experience. :)

Originally posted by hotcheme

ps1 is always a cleansing experience. :)

then again, so is an enema. :tongue:

yes, ps1 was fun. i'm glad i ran into you at the end. and to top it all off, getting a free shower from those kids splashing in the wading pool. all the more reason NOT to have kids. see? ;)

and by the way, i was merely paraphrasing Rilke. but thanks anyway.

~~fimally someone said something reasonable...its definetely the fact that everything is fine and nothing is wrong....that gets boring and it is sort of like ur missing a goal b/c there is nothing to fix, nothing to improve....maybe u should get a hobby (i know that sounds cheesy but hey!) or something like that.........but i hate to say u def need conflict or an issue:shades2:

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~fimally someone said something reasonable...its definetely the fact that everything is fine and nothing is wrong....that gets boring and it is sort of like ur missing a goal b/c there is nothing to fix, nothing to improve....maybe u should get a hobby (i know that sounds cheesy but hey!) or something like that.........but i hate to say u def need conflict or an issue:shades2:

well if i really need coflict there is plenty of drama on these boards.;)

and to top it all off, getting a free shower from those kids splashing in the wading pool. all the more reason NOT to have kids. see?

yeah and it wa especially nice that the pool water was black.:tongue: