Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Memento

well, how can he remember that he has the disorder?

how does he know he is not good on the phone.

and how did he remember the story he fabricated about sammy jenkis?

stuff like that.

my sister also mentioned to me that she studied this in her class (she studies cognitive science) and said that it is not possible to have this kind of disease. i don't know about that, i just htink he knew too much about himself to make it beleivable.

Originally posted by hotcheme

stuff like that.

my sister also mentioned to me that she studied this in her class (she studies cognitive science) and said that it is not possible to have this kind of disease. i don't know about that, i just htink he knew too much about himself to make it beleivable.

yeah, I remember after I saw it the first time, I disected it a little and came up with some questions... Its not bulletproof, but its 'close enough' to make the movie enjoyable...

Originally posted by joeg

yeah, I remember after I saw it the first time, I disected it a little and came up with some questions... Its not bulletproof, but its 'close enough' to make the movie enjoyable...

i definitely liked the movie and am glad i saw it. it just made me ask questions that I couldn't come up with realistic answers for.

OK, I thought is was good but the more I think about it there are too many inconsistencies that make the movie unbelievable which is making the whole premise of the movie absurd.

Did anyone see it?

*waits for joeg to respond*

you're like a year behind everyone else...

stuff like that.

I think most of the stuff that he remembered was pre-accident. He remembers everything up to the that point. Everything after that was either very distorted or completely forgotten. He remembers the sammy jenkis story because it was a case he dealt with before he got his disorder and because of his condition, he eventually mixed that story with his own life. When he was telling the story about jenkis, he was really describing himself.

If you watch the part where they show sammy jenkis in the institution, and he smiles at the doctor walking by, there is a split second after the doctor or nurse passes that sammy jenkis' face is replaced by Guy Pierce's face and after another person passes, the face changes back to Jenkis's. I don't know if anyone noticed that. I saw it the twice and didnt notice it until someone pointed it out.

I thougth the movie was awesome. I like movies that make you think, and it really racked my brain the first time I saw it. The second time was like, oooh, i get it now...kinda...

i thought the movie was really good, totally different. but I really didn't like the ending that much...I was expecting some huge revelation at the end and didn't really feel fullfilled by the ending they gave. whatever, still really enjoyed it

I just bought this one yesterday.

B0000640VJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This is definitly my kind of movie.

Im not going to comment on it...

according to bigpoppa i ruin movies when i do so....enjoy ;)

:flame:

regarding momento....

I dont care if you have 14 masters in cognitive science and a G.E.D in bull shit....the mind is infinite just like space incapable of boundries or definition....you can only presume and make semi-educated hypothesis regarding the matters of the mind.

The character in the movie was aware of his condition because he created it. He conditioned himself to only remember the basics.

He programed himself...to lie to himself.

Wether his condition was a farce, or a combination of other disorders is left upon for us as critics to conclude.

Originally posted by breakeraver

If you watch the part where they show sammy jenkis in the institution, and he smiles at the doctor walking by, there is a split second after the doctor or nurse passes that sammy jenkis' face is replaced by Guy Pierce's face and after another person passes, the face changes back to Jenkis's. I don't know if anyone noticed that. I saw it the twice and didnt notice it until someone pointed it out.

I noticed it the second time I watched it on DVD.. it's hot.. the camera work and the directing is incredible in that movie.. don't get me started.. LOL.. I had a thread about this like 2 weeks ago.. fucking love the movie..

"I can't remember to forget you.."