Clubplanet Nightlife Community

testosterone-driven differences btwn the sexes (longish

tastyt

For all of you who are nerds such as myself...

I was watching a special on TLC last night about biological sexual differences. It seems that the main factor involved in these differences is testosterone, or the lack thereof.

The show followed the progression of a woman for abt 6 months; during this period she received increasing doses of testosterone in her attempt to become a biological male.

They tracked the many changes she went through- including the physical, mental, emotional, etc.

As expected, her athletic ability and motor skills, traits typically associated with males, showed vast improvement.

The feminine traits on the other hand, showed a notable decrease... (s)he was not as good at distinguishing emotions (this was demonstrated by some sort of scan on the brain... it took about three times as much brain activity to distinguish emotions... and even then the results were not as good as before the testosterone shots). Also, verbal skills showed a significant decrease.

One thing that especially struck me... this person (we'll now say "he") said that, one time he had the desire to cry... and it felt as though there was some sort of a wall blocking him from doing so.

Simply through the use of testosterone injections- this woman's brain, was turning into a male brain.

Hmm.

Now- discuss!

Discuss? what is there to say?

You now have biological proof that you can't get mad at us for not understanding women's emotions, and that we can't get mad at you because you suck at driving. We're naturally less emotional and you're naturaly less proficient behind the wheel.

:) end of story.

Originally posted by cintron

Discuss? what is there to say?

You now have biological proof that you can't get mad at us for not understanding women's emotions, and that we can't get mad at you because you suck at driving. We're naturally less emotional and you're naturaly less proficient behind the wheel.

:) end of story.

Hey, now when someone asks, I have an excuse... errr, I mean, a reason- why I never got a license!!! :idea:

:laugh: :laugh: