Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is smoking pot worse than smoking cigarettes?

sassa

puff for puff yes, weed is worth for your lungs... but its not quite that simple.

how many people do you know who chain smoke joints all day long? the average pothead is not hurting his body even remotely as much as the average pack a day smoker, simply because, well, its nearly impossible to smoke as much weed as you would tobbacco.

also, minor health issues aside, its much safer to start smoking weed because its not at all addicting... while i think we all know about cigarettes.

overall, i would say pot is much safer for your body than cigarettes

and weeds more fun to! :bong:

well, i have friends who get stoned all day long, smoke an average 6-10 joints a day, and still go to work and/or class..i've done it also, and it's not that hard, but it would depend on your tolerance also, i think, i can smoke a lot nowadays and still keep my cool, but it only works 75% of the time, sometimes you are just so stoned people can tell for sure... :laugh:

does anyone know what specifically happens when you smoke a lot of pot though? i mean does it create resin in your lungs...or what?

weed has more tar in it then cigs do...aside from the shitty chemicals in cigs tar is one of the worst things for you...nothing like coating your lungs with black tar (and not the opium kind) to make u feel good about long life...

ick

am i the only one who hasent ever smoked a cig??

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

also, minor health issues aside, its much safer to start smoking weed because its not at all addicting... while i think we all know about cigarettes.

overall, i would say pot is much safer for your body than cigarettes

:bong:

are you kidding me? i dont know how much truth there is to it that smoking weed actually kills brain cells, but i have seen some people who smoke on a regular basis become very stupid. first the memory goes....then they turn into exactly those people who you see in the movies (half-baked, etc...)

have your fun, but dont make this a habit.

Originally posted by bkissa

are you kidding me? i dont know how much truth there is to it that smoking weed actually kills brain cells, but i have seen some people who smoke on a regular basis become very stupid. first the memory goes....then they turn into exactly those people who you see in the movies (half-baked, etc...)

have your fun, but dont make this a habit.

it really affects people differently... the smartest kid i know in my school is also the biggest pothead i have ever known.

and i dont think weed kills braincells, atleast i havent heard any reliable study say it does.

Originally posted by cesarleo

Ok.....so I smoke pot everyday after work.....but usually just a bowl or two. I only smoke cigs on weekends when I go out......if that. Am I going to die young?

i wouldnt say youll die young..maybe younger...u have to realize anything u do like cigs..pot..drugs..premescious sex..fuck even driving a car..simple being alive...anything like that can increase your chances for shit that can kill u young...lung cancer..throat cancer...car wreck..heart attack..etc etc...

my theory is this: i could die walking down the street or in the shower..who knows..live life the best u can..but realize that the shit u do now WILL come back later in life and could cause u problems if u do live a long life...i.e. dont bitch if u get to 70 or 80 and you are groovin along in life and all the sudden u get lunch cancer or something...youll think back and i bet anyone would say the good ole ..

"goddamn i wish i wouldnt have (insert shit your doing now)"

I've been smokin weed for 20+years every day with some breaks here and there and I can still pass a series 7 test on the first try after studying for only 4 weeks while baked. a series 7 test is for Investment banking and I dare anyone to say it's easy. I also graduated from the 5th best school of Architecture in the nation and was high most of the time and had been smoking every day for 5 years already when I entered college.

Cigarettes, which contain things like nitro-glycerin and ammonia for sure and maybe even cyanide ( I have to check that one) are way worse for you than marijuana. Cigarettes have killed 400,000 people a year for the last few decades. The pot today is way more stronger than years ago and requires far less consumption than anyone smokin "a half oz a day" ha, of what dirt weed bunk ass shit ? If you smoke decent pot theres no way in hell you should be smokin nearly as much as a person considered to be a smoker.

How many has pot killed ? statistacally the figure if it isnt 0 is described in the AMA Journal of medicine as "negligible". ALcohol kills 200,000 people a year as well.

Anyone who says marijuana is worse than cigarettes just doesnt understand the ramiications of nicotine addiction and the effects of tobacco and its additives today and/or is ignorant of the statistics. Correct me if I'm wrong but bring facts and statistics with your argument, not opinions.

Thank you very little.

I smoke anywhere from a gram to a 1/8th of the RAW every day..

To those people that say there friends smoke 1/2 oz a day, Tell them to lay off the scwag cuz there is no way someone constintly smoke 1/2 oz every day of the raw, a 1/8 will keep me high all day. I once smoke 2oz ($600) of weed on my b-day a few years back between me and 2 heads so thats a little less then a oz each and we were rrocked we were all slepping by like 10pm

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by charlydontsurf

I've been smokin weed for 20+years every day with some breaks here and there and I can still pass a series 7 test on the first try after studying for only 4 weeks while baked. a series 7 test is for Investment banking and I dare anyone to say it's easy. I also graduated from the 5th best school of Architecture in the nation and was high most of the time and had been smoking every day for 5 years already when I entered college.

Cigarettes, which contain things like nitro-glycerin and ammonia for sure and maybe even cyanide ( I have to check that one) are way worse for you than marijuana. Cigarettes have killed 400,000 people a year for the last few decades. The pot today is way more stronger than years ago and requires far less consumption than anyone smokin "a half oz a day" ha, of what dirt weed bunk ass shit ? If you smoke decent pot theres no way in hell you should be smokin nearly as much as a person considered to be a smoker.

How many has pot killed ? statistacally the figure if it isnt 0 is described in the AMA Journal of medicine as "negligible". ALcohol kills 200,000 people a year as well.

Anyone who says marijuana is worse than cigarettes just doesnt understand the ramiications of nicotine addiction and the effects of tobacco and its additives today and/or is ignorant of the statistics. Correct me if I'm wrong but bring facts and statistics with your argument, not opinions.

Thank you very little.

good post man. i feel ya.