Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Area2 @ Jones Beach.................

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by charlydontsurf

A friend of mine used to work for Delsner/Slater Productions and I used to go to every concert in the summer for free and backstage so I know this place well. The Nassau County Police have a booth there and they look for anything and everything, an open beer a joint, they will ticket you or even arrest you on the spot and ruin your day. Do not party out in the open there are palin clothes undercover detectives walking around the parking lot and they are there to bust balls. They will go so far as to offer to sell you anything just to snare you. As Tony Montana once said "all I got is my word and my balls and I don't break them for fuckin' anybody" and you shouldn't either.

Now on another note we have to come up with a meeting place and time.

Any suggestions ? :cool:

i dont know about all that, i went to see trey anastasio last summer at jones beach, and it was totally chill. everyone in the seats was smoking bud and no one cared... and ofcourse there were hippies selling beer all over the parking lot...

where is this police booth thing? its not on the way in is it?

mustve been an off day for the cops, or maybe they werent in a ball breaking mood, the police booth is right in the middle of the 2 large lots on the grass median, frineds of mine got desk appearance tickets and couldve been arrested for a joint and I've seen and heard other incidents having frequented the place. I would say just be cool, better safe than sorry. It aint no Dead show parking lot thing although I have been there when it resembled one.

Originally posted by charlydontsurf

mustve been an off day for the cops, or maybe they werent in a ball breaking mood, the police booth is right in the middle of the 2 large lots on the grass median, frineds of mine got desk appearance tickets and couldve been arrested for a joint and I've seen and heard other incidents having frequented the place. I would say just be cool, better safe than sorry. It aint no Dead show parking lot thing although I have been there when it resembled one.

im yet to run into the law in regards to weed in ny state (although i certainly have in nj)... isnt the law for possesion of under like an ounce just a $100 ticket (and confiscation obviously)? thats what NORML reports...

Afterparty & Grand Opening party on Friday, August 2nd, about 15 minutes from Jones Beach...

T E R M i N A L

231 Post Ave.

Westbury, NY

from Jones Beach....

take the Wantagh State Pkwy (North) to the Northern State Pkwy (West), and get off exit 32 (POST AVE / WESTBURY). Make a left (South), and go about 1/2 mile. The bar is on the right hand side. You'll see the TERMINAL sign.

Music...

SWINGSETT (ism records | naked music | giant step)

HERSHE KISS (dubplanet records)

LOLA (one step beyond)

and SPECIAL GUESTS (LIVE PAs & DJs) TBA...!!!

LASIX (Homegrown - NYC)

MISJIF (PhasedFour)

OPTIC (DAT Records | 1200s.com)

the crew will be dropping anything and everything in between...

Techno : Intelligent Breaks : Trip Hop : Electro : Industrial : Punk : HardCore : Drum-n-Bass : Dub : Illbient : Hip Hop : Classics : BigBeat

$3 Cover with AREA 2 ticket stub!!!

CHEAP, and I MEAN CHEAP ASS DRINKS!! ($3 Imports / $2.50 Domestic / $3.00 Well / $1 Drafts - ALL NIGHT !!!)

21+ (sorry, but ID is a MUST! - if you got the fake one's, make sure it's a good one!)

www.terminalbeats.com

info@terminalbeats.com

T E R M i N A L

:for the advancement of electronic music & indie culture:

no dress code | no commercial pop shitheads!

The guy Im going with lives within 3 blocks of "Terminal" for the afterparty your talking bout and he cant believe theres anyplace like this so close to his aparrtment. Dont get me wrong, Im quite happy there would be a place where I can party afterward within walking distance. I dont want to be driving :rolleyes:

Is is that Latin Bar? tell me where in relation to Butler and Post Ave..:)

Lasix, I'll definitely stop by Terminal with my friend. He lives 1 block away I checked a map and its too close to pass up esp w/prices like that for drinks and good music when I know I'll be thirsty as hell after the Area2 fest. I'll look for ya there :cool: We;ll be :roll: on in around midnight. :party: :party:

thers a row of concession stands and bathrooms and a barbecue area in the middle then more concession stands and bathrooms along the back of the inside area behind the seating where you first enter. because there's only 1 barbecue area which has picnic tables by it maybe that would be a good place for a meetup perhaps after the whole thing gets under way but before the first really good DJ starts. Tiesto starts at 4 pm, with Dieselboy and Theo starting the day off. Maybe 3 PM or 3:30 by the barbecue tent/tables????? Or if there are mad crowds for the DJ tent than we should get inside the tent first and meet like front right or back center of the tent 3 or 3:30 ????? Ideas anyone?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

ok i wanna meet up with you guys, i never met up with anyone from this board before. i have been reading here for a while but not posting that long. i am gona read when and were the meetup is. but if i miss it i will be in the tent all night, i am a tal;l white guy and i will have a tongue ring that blinks red yellow and green.

yea see i gota get home to staten island from school in the bronx, i cant leave til 11am. then from staten island me and my friedns cant leave til 12:45 and noone can drive. so we are trooping it up there... so even if you guys have a meetup before we prob arent gona make it... i just hope i get there in time fro tiesto

seems like a good meetup time and place would be between 3 and 3:30 outside the entrance to the tent. that way we wont miss anything as far as the 4 o'clock kickoff for Tiesto.

If that sounds good to youy guys I'll look for you there and if not Im open to suggestions. The tent will probably be to the left of the stage where the bands usually park their trucks that bring in the stuff. I dont think they would put it ou tin the main parking lot cause they need that esp. since it's on Friday the turnout could be big.

Suggestions?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

I am soooooo Psyched! I finally get let out of my cage!!!!!!!!!

:eek::laugh: