Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Classic Anthems night @ Space......

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

Would you guys go? I haven't been down here for a long time and I've never heard you guys of doing it. But in NJ and NYC when they do it, its huge!!!!!!!!

Oscar and Roland could break out some old school joints...

Ariel women in love plasmic honey

Afrika plasmic honey.

The Train..

ride the trip

Rock da funky beats

Drum Theory

Deep Chemical

Embargo - Hysteria

Make Some Noise - Mike Ski

Lift Me Up - Latin Headhunters

Can you feel it/The Tamperer

That Look

Trouble With Me

To be able to love

ETC.....

What do u guys think, would it work? Would you support it?

I'd be there........ For temps Denny puts up a request list of tracks...

heres one of his threads

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101348

This is the most packed night at temps, and temps is packed every week..

Jason Ojeada does it at CPIS as well....

chime in with your 2 cents... maybe our man Biz can make it happen:D

check Roly out on the patio, and Oscar in the blue room after 5...they already incorporate old schools jams into their sets. an entire evening of old school jams, wouldn't work especially at space. Iguana Cantina already does this..you would probably love the place. .

I dunno Saleen.. I think it'd be a neat idea, however I don't know about a whole night.... But it looks like, according to Denny's thread, that it's a pretty popular thing to do once in a while... It's definately cool that people post which anthems they wanna hear................. Props to that at least!

Lola:D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mikeydny

Space + Theme Nights = Dont seem to work...

ALTHOUGH I think they should have theme nights once a month, or often...........

what the hell does that mean?

i think you contradicted yourself....

sobeton, why would it work, i understand some people just walking in and going, "what the fuck is this" "the final chapter" how old is this song. But if Space promoted it, you may get a older crowd that night, they have retired from the clubbing and may come out for the classics... With some buzz about it and promoted right i think space would do well with it, lets say 10am till 5am, then let the boys drop some new shit, or 4am when the beach starts to come over.... Lets face it, space gets awesome djs in there all the time but this would be different... and isn't that what Space is about? Being different... Plus its a slow season. Its really not a theme party but a throw back night, its not chessy, nothing different except the music...

Mikey didn't SF use to do something like this? I can't remember but i do know when JP's drops a few classics in a row everyone on the boards the next day, talk about it..

ps big props for keeping this drama free, it was meant to see if us cpers could influence the clubs to do something different...

Biz i'd like your 2 cents on this:D

also for the newbies and rookies they can hear the tracks that got us into the clubbing world.....

FEEL THE DRUMS!!!!!!!

Originally posted by saleen351

sobeton, why would it work, i understand some people just walking in and going, "what the fuck is this" "the final chapter" how old is this song. But if Space promoted it, you may get a older crowd that night, they have retired from the clubbing and may come out for the classics... With some buzz about it and promoted right i think space would do well with it, lets say 10am till 5am, then let the boys drop some new shit, or 4am when the beach starts to come over.... Lets face it, space gets awesome djs in there all the time but this would be different... and isn't that what Space is about? Being different... Plus its a slow season. Its really not a theme party but a throw back night, its not chessy, nothing different except the music...

Space caters to a younger crowd. who would not tolerate an entire evening of old school jams. Space prides itself on its uniqueness, playing old school jams is not unique. Christopher’s in Lauderdale follows and old school format, and Level has attempted this with not too impressive results, and for mentioned Iguana Cantina occasionally does an old school night. From strictly from an economic point of view, Space is not going to sacrifice either it’s Friday or Saturday night on a format that has proven to be unsuccessful. Theme parties however would work very well at space. :idea:

It means

IT DONT SEEM LIKE SPACE DOES THEME NIGHTS

ALTHOUGH ID LIKE TO SEE THEM

Factory has sick theme nights, which are always ridicolously packed..

Underwear

Halloween

Aniversary

Pajama, and some others......

Space does nothing special besides bringing in DJ's....which is good. :D

Anthem night, now are you talking about Sundays @Crobar? *LOL However, if all you want is overplayed top-40 tracks, just book Judge Jules ---------> the judge won't budge!

There are certain anthems I absolutely love, but the majority are just overplayed and turn my stomach. I'm all for DJs dropping classic/huge tracks sprinkled throughout their sets, but I can only handle so much.

I'd pass on an event like this.

With your teachers Oscar G and Ralph Falcon laying down the deep dirty grooves from 91-97. Anything newer than that is hands off. I think this would be a fuckin' wicked night. Just got Murk's remixes of Olive - Miracle today and they still sound fresh. That sax is just nuts. Post your comments.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by rcrespo

With your teachers Oscar G and Ralph Falcon laying down the deep dirty grooves from 91-97. Anything newer than that is hands off. I think this would be a fuckin' wicked night. Just got Murk's remixes of Olive - Miracle today and they still sound fresh. That sax is just nuts. Post your comments.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

i agree but i would include 1998 as well.. :D

Originally posted by saleen351

i agree but i would include 1998 as well.. :D

Trust me your 1998 anthems arent the sames as Oscars, Spaces, Miamis, this Miami Board.

Not one song you listed is probably a classic here.

Folker? Cmon now.

Deep Chemical? haha ok

Lets be serious, SPACE IS NOT TEMPTS, SF, or EXIT.

THIS IS NOT NEW YORK CLUBS IT WILL NEVER BE.

For the NY/NJ peeps on the board, I got 2 of my older CD's from 98-99 with that sound. Def was fun at that time..I remember hearing JP drop Deep Chemical at a WMC few years back..and all those days at liquid...cant forget ur past...

If interested drop my a line..and i will throw in a new one also..

TL CD1

Jark Prongo-Shake IT

Fumi Kondoh-OyieO

Noise Makers-Cuba Libre

Matt Blanco-River of Dreams

Hani-Baby Wants to Ride

DJ Jean-The Launch

Hypertrophy-Pullover

Schreeg-Kamm Around

Mike Ski-Heart & Soul

Plasmic Honey-Gotta Have Love

That Kid Chris-come with me tonight

Videodrone-Face Plant

Dj Jean-U Got My Love

Lets be serious, SPACE IS NOT TEMPTS, SF, or EXIT.

THIS IS NOT NEW YORK CLUBS IT WILL NEVER BE.

Thank god. Space actually has some amount of respectability, don't forget. Not to dig up an old battle, but SF, Tempts, and Exit hardly compare to Space. Those three cater to the more commercial element, and do a good job of it. Space caters to a commercial element, but only on Fridays really, hence PvD and a host of other trance DJs....Saturdays are reserved for a more serious crowd (no 18-year old whores to fuck things up--sidebar--these just out of high-school bitches do not have a clue, most of my girlfriends are 22-34 and there is a marked difference in personality for sure...) Space has no desire to be an NYC club. Maybe they did a long time ago, but they've changed gears and decided to be Space instead.

Theme nights don't go over down here cause every night is a theme night if you will. People dress up in costumes, and do all sorts of things as a matter of course, without having to have a theme night to motivate them...

Originally posted by pod

Thank god. Space actually has some amount of respectability, don't forget. Not to dig up an old battle, but SF, Tempts, and Exit hardly compare to Space. Those three cater to the more commercial element, and do a good job of it. Space caters to a commercial element, but only on Fridays really, hence PvD and a host of other trance DJs....Saturdays are reserved for a more serious crowd (no 18-year old whores to fuck things up--sidebar--these just out of high-school bitches do not have a clue, most of my girlfriends are 22-34 and there is a marked difference in personality for sure...) Space has no desire to be an NYC club. Maybe they did a long time ago, but they've changed gears and decided to be Space instead.

Whats not commercial about Space on a Saturday Night.

SF and Exit both 21+ on Saturday Nights.

Oscar is the man, one of my favorite fucking DJS, definetely in my top 3, hes sick...butttttttt hes dropping just as many Rivera tracks each week as Peters in S.F. is, so to say Space is completely different then them dont make too much sense. Tiesto is spinning on a Saturday at Space what kind of Dj is he? And you'd be shocked about those 18-21 yr old "whores" who go to SF and EXIT, they got more knowledge about the music then 95% of the girls in Space. Space is Space I agree, and I like it for the most part, although I wouldnt mind some sort of theme night, every once in a while to stir things up.

Originally posted by pod

Theme nights don't go over down here cause every night is a theme night if you will. People dress up in costumes, and do all sorts of things as a matter of course, without having to have a theme night to motivate them...

Space has it’s own vibe, and yes you can’t compare it to SF, Tempts, and Exit. different clubs, different cities, and different vibes. end of story …

p.s. every club caters to the commercial market.. it’s a means to survival.

Guest saleen351

Whats not commercial about Space on a Saturday Night.

SF and Exit both 21+ on Saturday Nights.

Oscar is the man, one of my favorite fucking DJS, definetely in my top 3, hes sick...butttttttt hes dropping just as many Rivera tracks each week as Peters in S.F. is, so to say Space is completely different then them dont make too much sense. Tiesto is spinning on a Saturday at Space what kind of Dj is he? And you'd be shocked about those 18-21 yr old "whores" who go to SF and EXIT, they got more knowledge about the music then 95% of the girls in Space. Space is Space I agree, and I like it for the most part, although I wouldnt mind some sort of theme night, every once in a while to stir things up.

:clap: :clap:

Miami ain't NJ or Long Island, it would never work, those songs are classics in this NYC Metro area according to the bridge and tunnell, NY, Long Island progressive head. Miami has its own classics. While you may get a few that cross over, Its a different scene, appreciate it for what it is. The djs down there all incorporate classics into the mix, just different ones. Different strokes for different folks, Miami lacks the guido element, therefore you won't see the guido type crowd and all that goes with it on the jersey shore. Lauderdale is closer to NJ than anything down there, that may be a different story. Personally I prefer Miami.

Originally posted by pod

Space's commercial element is stronger on Fridays though.

As for the girls, I shoulda just said "miami girls" hehe :)

.........Ok but still whats commercial about Saturday Night/Morning with Junior Vasquez and Gay Guys???

Originally posted by pod

Have you looked at what Junior's done lately? Remixed Destiny's Child, etc...

And hes been remixing Madonna and Whitney for years....I still dont think his party is really commercial, I never heard him spin, but I dont know......