Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*area 2 jones beach *

evil bastards, keeping the good dj's down.

never ended up meeting any of you before tiesto, but i did see you glowgirl... in the yellow fox jersey right?

Dielselboy laid down a really nice set, and ofcourse digweed and tiesto rocked it.... woulda liked to hear cox but atleast moby was able to adequately fill the remainder of the night...

and now the wait for the drugs to wear off

:idea:

As usual all my friends were late or bailed so I took 2 trains and a bus and got there at 4 PM sharp went to the outside of the tent but I guess by then any 3:30 meetup people were inside????????

I was hanging in the front, middle, 5 - 10' from the stage A

aquamarine top and shorts with a very attractive blonde in a beret with a white bandeau top. I saw Glowgirl in the motocross duds,pretty sharp, but was heading for water which I needed bad, the guy b4 Tiesto, Dieselboy??, was hardcore good and Tiesto was great and Digweed was awesome, dropped at 4, felt nothing by 6 dropped again still nothing at 7, found more there, dropped at 7 or 8 and then within 10 minutes they ended the show and I went to my seat to watch Bowie and Moby, a frail substitute, hoping the storm would break and the tent would open up for Cox but no such luck. Somethng is indeed wrong with my brain :confused: I dropped 3 times and felt next to nothing:mad: so I went back to the guy,

Rocco, and got something else and was tweaking until 10 and went to a party after and jussssssssssst got home. How the fuck such an awesome day turned into such a fuckin electrical storm I have no idea :confused:

Hopefully the next one will be better and without interruptions. I'm really sorry I didnt meet up with any of you. Next time for sure.

well, i don't think i saw any of you, but:

thought it was a great event (except the rain of course, but what can you do).. ...how cool was it that the tent had AC? very nice. i just danced non stop from the beginning of tiesto's set until they closed the tent. bummer about Cox, but i've seen him before and it had been a long day already (part of it in the hot sun).

Tiesto was pretty good - not his best set i didn't think - especially toward the end. But Diggers was great - really nice selections and kept building. Tiesto played a lot of great tracks but i didn't feel that he had a whole plan so to speak.

anyways - i head that they repopened the tent around 9:30 - but i didn't stick around. was chillin with some old schoolers: siagray, loch, orchid, mysteriouss, dana, theory, sky overdrive, rollin - FUCKING GREAT HANGING WITH YOU AS USUAL!

peace

well it had its highs an lows.......to begin got there late missed the train by seconds D' oh!! but by the time we got there it was after 4 so tiesto was on already tho when we got to the tent we were seconds before he dropped lethal industryso u know what happened "move, out da way, sorry, watch it, comin through"got up to the front (not an easy task) man he was sic dropped crazy shit... from now on imma refer to him as the joker cause my man wouldnt stop smilin an he did give off a good energy to the crowd afterward chilled for a bit met some cats there later on went back to the tent dancin in the back to some crazy shit so i went to the front an asked some guy who was spinnin hes like its digweed i was like:eek: ran to the back grabbed my friend flew to the front were standin by the rail jammed the rest of set well at least till the closed his set down cause of rain so not to be denied got his autograph maaan it was a fight felt like i went to war him an tiesto but i prevailed so its all good carl cox didn t play tent was closed for the night so just heard moby ... oh joy well to wrap it up was kidnapped missed the last train to queens wound up spendin 40 to get back into queens man.......oh well

This is what I have to say ABOUT YESTERDAY:

:mad3::cuss::mad::flame::unhappy::mad2:

...closing the TENT was very WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...My main reason for being there was to see Carl Cox!

...well at least i got to meet some new CP peeps...It was very nice to meet you all....

Originally posted by echostar

wait so why didnt carl cox play?

I guess because it was raining... or maybe the lightening could have messed shit up. Who knows.... sucks though

I'm glad I caught Area 2 on Wednesday at PNC.

I'll agree with Barvbe on Tiesto, he played some good tracks but he wasn't all there.

once the guy made the announcement that the tent was closing i had no clue what was going on cause i didnt even know it was raining or anything. then we waited it out for awhile to see if it would open and they said they were going to around 9:15 but then they said that it was closed for the rest of the night..i was very upset about that i really wanted to hear carl cox...i have never heard him spin before. overall it was a good day..got there a little after 4..got to hear tiesto..i was curious to know if he played in my memory i was hoping to hear it but didnt i wanted to know if i missed it. i loved southern sun though. it was nice to have the ac but if you werent standing right near it..it was pretty hot in there....

quote: dirtyepic18:

the rain really didnt help, althogh the lightening was pretty cool to watch from the nosebleed seats

_________________________________________________--

the lightning was sureall on the water and over the sky although I was freezing and soaking wet, i scalped a seat in the orchestra.

a 25 year old kid and his gi9rlfriend went on their roof to watch it in the village and he got hit in the head it shot out his foot and he died at 8:30 pm while we were partying to it. I think it was on Broome St. It was crazy cool on the water but al,most just as dangerous as being in the tent I would think?

Quote: echostar

good thing i didnt go then, because like half the reason i was gonna go is cuz i missed a lot of cox at pnc because i was going on chicken finger runs

those god dam chicken wings :mad:

Originally posted by charlydontsurf

a 25 year old kid and his gi9rlfriend went on their roof to watch it in the village and he got hit in the head it shot out his foot and he died at 8:30 pm while we were partying to it. I think it was on Broome St. __________________________________________________

...so sad :( :( :(

i just got home from my first trip to NYC since twilo closed...and overall it was great but i'll never be going back to jones beach theater! my friends and i showed up really late....we were planning to get there by 4pm for tiesto and stay til the end but because of one of my friends being a jackass and also cause of traffic we didn't get there until 6pm. parking was ok and picking up the tickets was quick...the pat down was laughable, anybody could've easily brought a gun or something in....so anyway of course we went straight to the dance tent (the only reason we were there) and started partying....caught the end of skinners set and then digweed went on....good music, good vibe, decent sound + lighting. before we knew it it was 8pm and the music was cut....i couldn't understand what the guy was saying on the mic but when the work lights went on it wasn't hard to figure out. so we leave the tent and waited in the rain + cold until 9 or 9:30pm when they confirmed that the tent would NOT reopen. so after the 8 of us spent $49.95 each on the event, we left having gotten only 2 hours worth of partying - quite possibly the worst 50 bucks i've ever spent. in 4 years of going to clubs and festivals i've never had to leave a party because "the electricity isn't grounded". they knew it was an outdoor event and it even reads on the ticket "RAIN OR SHINE" - which means that customers can expect the show to go on despite moderately bad weather. of course its no surprise that right next to that on the ticket, it reads "NO REFUNDS" - which is why i will be avoiding this venue in the future at all costs. it is venues like jones beach theater that bring a bad name to dance music (can u imagine a festival in england or continental europe being shutdown because of lightning??) and i hope MTV has enough sense to not book them for next year's event.

on the plus side my first ARC/tenaglia experience more than made up for all the bullshit in the afternoon. good to see wideskies and joeg again, also met cintron (shame on u guys for not closing with us, we ended up staying until 10:30am!) :D