Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is the longest relationship you've been in?

Destiny

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the people who answered/ are going to answer...did you break up on good terms? Do you still talk to your ex? And last but not least;) Do you ever find yourself comparing the new signifigant others in your life to the ex that meant the most to you? Spragga welcome back by the way:)

See this is what boredom/strange convos does to you, you start asking weird questions...

Some of my ex's I'm still friends with, some I'm not. Some I could really care less if I see them ever again, while some I want in my life forever. I don't compare new relationships with past lovers, although all of the lessons, good and bad, I've taken into the new relationships. I would say that my previous girlfriends helped develop my taste for what I do and don't look for when deciding on a girlfriend.

geez, looking @ other peoples posts~years?! good god...how do you people do it? i never had a relationship last for more than 5 months...thats my all time records... still talk to some x's once in a while~but seldomly, as for comparing~nope i rarely ever do...i don't know maybe its me...but in few months period i feel i know everything i could possibly want know about my x's~no matter how interesting they seemed at first...and them *POW* that spark that made them so irrestible at first is gone...anyone have this problem like i do? :confused:

you will once you find that special person who you live for... and vice versa... you wont think about anything else... or anyone else... and time will pass quicker then prune juice through grandma... days will seem like minutes, months will seem like hours and years will seem like days... and before you know you it youll find yourself asking where did the time go???

Originally posted by dgmodel

you will once you find that special person who you live for... and vice versa... you wont think about anything else... or anyone else... and time will pass quicker then prune juice through grandma... days will seem like minutes, months will seem like hours and years will seem like days... and before you know you it youll find yourself asking where did the time go???

:clap:crying.gif:clap:crying.gif:clap:

That's beautiful :D

its true, thats the way i feel... (for those who havent experienced it yet, sit back relax live your life, good things come to those who wait... i hate to use generic cliches on a such a topic but its true for this one... the longer you wait the more you realise what you want and the easier it will be to find and for it to find you... )

Originally posted by dancingyro

geez, looking @ other peoples posts~years?! good god...how do you people do it? i never had a relationship last for more than 5 months...thats my all time records... still talk to some x's once in a while~but seldomly, as for comparing~nope i rarely ever do...i don't know maybe its me...but in few months period i feel i know everything i could possibly want know about my x's~no matter how interesting they seemed at first...and them *POW* that spark that made them so irrestible at first is gone...anyone have this problem like i do? :confused:

Its ok dude. I my longest has been...ALMOST 4 months.. LONg LONg story, it was a friend i had known a while, then we finally hooked up, so even though we were together for almost 4 months we had known each other much longer....but besides that...all my other relationship last for like a month or 2 :P

5.5 years and the break up was on very good terms...we hadn't stopped loving eachother...just figured out that we both wanted very different things out of life and in order to let the other grow and develop, we had to let go.

We are still very good friends and have managed to keep in touch over all those years since then...

Two years, much of it long distance. We started on very casual terms, it turned into love, and we parted on friendly terms, simply realizing that the distance had finally drawn us apart.

It was not the most intense relationship I've had, but it was the most stable and I'll always think of her fondly.

Originally posted by destiny779

For the people who answered/ are going to answer...did you break up on good terms? Do you still talk to your ex? And last but not least;) Do you ever find yourself comparing the new signifigant others in your life to the ex that meant the most to you? Spragga welcome back by the way:)

See this is what boredom/strange convos does to you, you start asking weird questions...

Thanks for the welcome! :) To answer your questions:

Break up on good terms?....nope...she cheated on me...I tell ya that nice guys finish last!

Saw my ex in December for the first time in 7 years....not sure what it was - not an icy reception, but it was almost surreal.

Comparing her to new significant others in my life? Hasn't happened yet - Haven't had a steady relationship since I broke up with her 7 years ago.

2 years & no we didnt break up on good terms. i have never had an ex remain a friend after the break up. i dont think ill ever see or speak to any of my exs again. i am an all or none person, i dont need people in my life who i see once very few months. whats the point of that?? ;)

hm well longest relationship was on and off for 7 years, cut out the stupid middle school shit and it was 5 years. many of the times we broke up were really bad, but apparently we always got back together. final break-up was friendly though, sad but we were civil to each other.

since then, we were still best friends for a while, we always had been. now after a year apart at college (i'm in nyc, he's in illinois), we've grown a bit distant but we still talk and are really friendly.

i do compare others to him at times, only because he's the only guy that can put up with me for so long. :D