Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sexy Fridays @ Roxy (Aug 2002)

This is a little preview of what's to come at the Roxy in the upcoming weeks. Clubplanet members, be sure to look out for a more detailed special email update coming soon (admission, ages, etc.). Make sure your Fridays are free for the next few weeks!

FRI AUG 16 2002

============

Beach Tanning Bum 1st Annual Hot Body Contest

Hosted by KTU's Vic Latino

1st NYC nightclub LIVE performance and LIVE KTU broadcast:

DEE ROBERTS singing her #1 hit "Separate Ways"

Music by Michael Rizzo

Enter the Hot Body Contest to win 2 free trips to Cancun and be the next Beach Bum Tanning Models for 2003!

Doors open @ 11pm.

FRI AUG 23 2002

============

The Return of Johnny Vicious

FRI AUG 30 2002

============

ARTIST SHOWCASE

Scott Bond (Gatecrasher, UK)

Edgar V (Space, Miami)

Joshua Ryan

Marcus Schultz (Plastik Records)

Duane King (Club Ra, Las Vegas)

I was at the Roxy last night, and the announcer there mentioned that among the people scheduled to appear in September and October are Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, and Sasha + Digweed

I know about PVD (even though he got it wrong about when), but can anyone confirm about the others?

Originally posted by wallflour

I was at the Roxy last night, and the announcer there mentioned that among the people scheduled to appear in September and October are Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, and Sasha + Digweed

I know about PVD (even though he got it wrong about when), but can anyone confirm about the others?

WHAAAAAAT???? sasha and digweed at Roxy?! wow, I totally cannot picture that. hey, if it's true though, count my ass in.

Originally posted by trancerxn112

Cough... CARL COX... Cough... lol i mean dont get me wrong i love Tiesto, Dyke and S+D but can we get some performances by Carl Cox and Buuren <drooooool>

yeah, Cox is probably my favorite DJ right now...but I don't know how badly I'd want to see him at Roxy. That just seems way off. When I think Carl Cox, I think of a place like Arc. Or even Hammerstein. the Roxy is just the last club I'd expect to bring a guy like that in. If they were to get him I'd definitly go, and have an amazing night I'm sure. I would just rather see him somewhere else. Being picky I guess.

Originally posted by zeeker

yeah, Cox is probably my favorite DJ right now...but I don't know how badly I'd want to see him at Roxy. That just seems way off. When I think Carl Cox, I think of a place like Arc. Or even Hammerstein. the Roxy is just the last club I'd expect to bring a guy like that in. If they were to get him I'd definitly go, and have an amazing night I'm sure. I would just rather see him somewhere else. Being picky I guess.

When I think of Carl Cox.. I don't think of even him being a guest DJ at a club.. I only really picture him at big events..

Originally posted by msoprano13

WHEN I HEAR CARL COX I CAN ONLY THINK ABOUT ONE THING

ME HEARING TWICE IN IBIZA NEXT WEEK FOR 2 EIGHT HOUR SETS

YES I SAID EIGHT HOUR SETS......:tongue::cool::eek:

When I think of Carl Cox and how you and Rob get to hear him TWICE for 8 hours each.. it makes me wanna :puke: and :blown:

Originally posted by wallflour

Sasha's schedule (on http://www.djsasha.com )

says that he has a NYC date on 10/31

Looks like another tour he's doing with Delta Heavy

So it could very well be at Roxy, and it could be S+D

Whatever the case may be, if they do play in NYC on that night, then we'll have S+D followed by PVD (on 11/1) !

and thats my birthday weekend!!!!!!:D

october 30th is my 22nd birthday and i will be partying my ass off you better believe!!!

Originally posted by leftymo

Just curious, is Roxy exclusively a gay club? I'm interested in going, but I'm looking for girls... It seems like the big DJ's are coming, but since I'm new to NY, I don't know, if its exclusive... or not.

Thanks

no no, saturday nights, roxy IS a gay party.

Fridays is straight crowd.

Originally posted by roninmess

no no, saturday nights, roxy IS a gay party.

Fridays is straight crowd.

Yah... definetely a lot of eye candy on Fridays.

hmmm... PVD, Tiesto, all at Roxy... should be interesting.

This past friday the guy annouced that PVD will be at Roxy, people didn't even twitch. Pathetic.

Originally posted by teklord310

Yah... definetely a lot of eye candy on Fridays.

hmmm... PVD, Tiesto, all at Roxy... should be interesting.

This past friday the guy annouced that PVD will be at Roxy, people didn't even twitch. Pathetic.

that doesn't surprise me at all. Roxy is definitly a cool place to hang out with friends, meet some hotties, etc...but the musical knowledge of the crowd is lacking. I mean, i could care less if the girls who go know who PvD is or not. Just keep looking Hot and i'm a happy guy.

that doesn't surprise me at all. Roxy is definitly a cool place to hang out with friends, meet some hotties, etc...but the musical knowledge of the crowd is lacking. I mean, i could care less if the girls who go know who PvD is or not. Just keep looking Hot and i'm a happy guy.

:laugh: fuckin classic but true!

The musical knowledge is worse at exit, and that is the club that draws these names.