Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has neone here ever been to an illegal rave?

I did a couple last year. When it's done right it's absolutely fantastic.

Though I never actually saw Groove, I've a strange feeling that that movie probably doesn't offer the best description of what an underground rave is.

Oh, and by the way, unlike whatever the fuck Groove tells you, you're probably not going to see John Digweed spin at an illegal rave.

Oh, and by the way, unlike whatever the fuck Groove tells you, you're probably not going to see John Digweed spin at an illegal rave.

lol ye i thought that that was a little far fetched too

oh and where xactly was it jus out of curiosity??

how do people find out bout these things???

I found out through the NYC raves list. The crew who threw this hasn't been active for a little while. I'm hoping they'll get kick started again.

If you're really interested, I'll let you know if one goes down. Other than that, no promises.

Outlaws are great. Way better vibe than commercial parties. I haven't been to any up around NYC....every time I found out about one, it's always been out in Jersey and then they get shut down halfway through. Seriously, having raves on farms in the middle of nowhere is a lot of fun.....tons of space, cheap, and free shrooms for everyone....

Used to go to a few in Southern New England.....actually how I got turned onto this whole scene.

Actually, Groove wasn't that bad a depiction of the scene at an outlaw like 4 years ago.......now I know it has changed considerably. Only thing is there isn't as much acid and like someone said before, no Diggers.

when techno first hit NY, most raves were like this, the sonic groove crew use to have many of these parties and they were the best and it was all about the music, parties like this can't happen today for many reasons, clubs even get shut down today...any way, raves were mostly illegal when they started and very different than todays...i wouldn't even call a "rave" today a RAVE cause it isn't...

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Actually, Groove wasn't that bad a depiction of the scene at an outlaw like 4 years ago.......now I know it has changed considerably. Only thing is there isn't as much acid and like someone said before, no Diggers.

I thought Groove did an excellent job depicting the scene, and especially the vibe, abt... idk, at least six yrs ago. And in NY at least, there was PLENTY of acid going around back then.

Anyhoo, yeah I've been to a few true raves, but that was years ago.

Originally posted by turpentyine

Have ne of u ever been to an illegal rave like the one in Groove.

Do these things even happen in NYC?

you mean "Outlaws" ??? :rolleyes: im a bad ass... i go to everything illegal... im sick twisted individual, i run with scissors, i swim right after i eat, shit i even licked a stamp once...

Originally posted by tastyt

I thought Groove did an excellent job depicting the scene, and especially the vibe, abt... idk, at least six yrs ago. And in NY at least, there was PLENTY of acid going around back then.

Anyhoo, yeah I've been to a few true raves, but that was years ago.

just curious, cause 6 years ago i was only 12, but how were those "true raves" so different from the parties of today?

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

just curious, cause 6 years ago i was only 12, but how were those "true raves" so different from the parties of today?

Well for starters, you couldn't buy tickets for them from Ticketmaster! :laugh: :laugh: