Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Platinum

Originally posted by dfa33nj

Get ready for a new and improved Platinum . Some old faces in the club world are coming back.

I know I know but I promised not to tell. Dont sleep on Platinum. I'll be heading down quite a bit!!!!!!

Just a couple of suggestions for platnium. I had a good time the first couple times i was there. first no hip hop room, your not going to get the right type of cround that would be going there. other placescan get away w it caause the have more space,(ie; bunka and thats even hidden in the corner). The layout is fine and the sound is good in the back room. im not trying to put it down just some thought off the top of my head . I look foward to being there in the winter and hope it can reach its potential JDF

Originally posted by clubchic1006

I only liked it the first couple of months it was open ~ I used to go EVERY weekend. Then they started making too many changes and I stopped going. They need to make many more to have me go back :( It used to be a really fun place.

What changes CLubCHic?

HIP HOP :puke::moon::peeleft:

Plus, they used to have guest DJ's all the time (Boris) and the place used to be jammed with awesome people and the music was great!

Yeah the guest DJ's were nice...............

Hip hop only stays in the Wave room I thought?

We have to check it out and see............... I'll give it a few trys, fo sho............... :D

Platinum isn't hip -hop at all. They are located in downtown New Brunswick which is an up and comming area. They have something for everyone:

Thurs: Hip-hop

Fri: Someting for everyone

Sat: Strictly Trendy Groundbreaking New Sounds from the hottest DJ's

Originally posted by jen23

Platinum isn't hip -hop at all. They are located in downtown New Brunswick which is an up and comming area. They have something for everyone:

Thurs: Hip-hop

Fri: Someting for everyone

Sat: Strictly Trendy Groundbreaking New Sounds from the hottest DJ's

The last time I was there, they played hip hop & club in the main room (it was like they mixed it ~ like at Cryan's in Bridgewater). I know that thursdays were hip hop but then they started playing it on the main floor too! I don't mind some hip hop but I can't listen to it all night.

I loved Platinum when it FIRST opened. I haven't been there in a while because I didn't care for it the last time I was there. They need to bring the big named DJ's back on Saturday nights. That was a good time!:) I really like the set up too! Before they started playing hip hop in the wave room, it was nice because you could go and chill in there or talk since the main room was so loud. But, every club makes there changes.

We will see how it is when I go back and try it out in the fall. :cool:

that place was packed when they had that thursday teen nite going...untill that went away, and the times that i was there it was kinda thuggish hip hoppy too, and the backroom was pretty empty...one of the nights there were literally 2 people on the floor....changes it needs....it has plenty of competition on easton ave too...(hang out wise, not music) i'll swing by with my boys and see what happens...

The last time I was there, they played hip hop & club in the main room (it was like they mixed it ~ like at Cryan's in Bridgewater). I know that thursdays were hip hop but then they started playing it on the main floor too! I don't mind some hip hop but I can't listen to it all night.

I loved Platinum when it FIRST opened. I haven't been there in a while because I didn't care for it the last time I was there. They need to bring the big named DJ's back on Saturday nights. That was a good time!:) I really like the set up too! Before they started playing hip hop in the wave room, it was nice because you could go and chill in there or talk since the main room was so loud. But, every club makes there changes.

We will see how it is when I go back and try it out in the fall. :cool:

I agree last fall @ Platinum was great. I really enjoyed the wave lounge where you talk and still enjoy the main rooms music @ a lower volume. They are definitely keeping hip-hop out on Saturdays. I hear they have a lot of plans for this fall. But I must say for being a new club in Jersey Platinum is definitely going to be a great spot. I'm there this fall.

Originally posted by jen23

I agree last fall @ Platinum was great. I really enjoyed the wave lounge where you talk and still enjoy the main rooms music @ a lower volume. They are definitely keeping hip-hop out on Saturdays. I hear they have a lot of plans for this fall. But I must say for being a new club in Jersey Platinum is definitely going to be a great spot. I'm there this fall.

Thanks sweetie! That's great news because I really liked the vibe at that place. It was a great time! I always had fun! The door people, managers, and bartenders were really nice too! I'll be there in the fall. We will have to meet up one time and have a drink or do a shot together! :D

Thanks sweetie! That's great news because I really liked the vibe at that place. It was a great time! I always had fun! The door people, managers, and bartenders were really nice too! I'll be there in the fall. We will have to meet up one time and have a drink or do a shot together! :D

Definitely, I'll see you in the fall! :)

i'm not going to say platinum's 'awsome' or anything, but for what it is, it's okay

it was better when it first opened; and the crowd has died down--especially since people went home for the summer

i have a feeling things will be better this fall

FYI; Thursdays is hip hop night (but only in the bigger room)... there's house music in the lounge and it's off the hook -- i swear by it!

ill be there in the fall in sure. I like the setup, the sound system, and hopefully the DJ will be able to rip it up like Amatucci did. as far as the hiphop.....well........i guess you cant win em all.

If they get the right promos team, lower drinks prices, reduce admission, and bring in the bangin DJ, there is no reason why they cant be as or more successful as the other area clubs.

BG

the one time i went i spent an hour waiting on line outside in cold ass whether trying to get in with the line barely moving,when i did get in it wasn't even packed, WTF was that about? Were they trying to make the club look cool by keeping everyone out?

If they do get it going it'll be nice since i' live right in NB