Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>AMERiCAN iDOL...who's getting the BOOT?

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . What you're saying here is actually scary because a great many people in this country nowadays are taking that view. . . The sad fact of the matter is, the Music Industry, through the use of marketing and demographic research has gotten itself in the business of "engineering" talent from the very ground level up . .

. . Used to be, Labels would scour for talent that already existed, then polished them until they could be marketable. . . Now, there's 'engineering' in that, however the base . . the CORE . . of the act in question was genuine . . . Today, the world is ruled by so much targeted marketing, that there IS NO OPTION to release something on a large scale without KNOWING that you're gonna top 500000 sales AT LEAST . . . What this means is the industry HAS to engineer the sound from the ground up . . . Because the Media blitz will ensure that the 'noise' (they call it music) will be subconsciously ground into the heads of the listening public . . . Because there is such a huge outlay of cash at the front end, they need to ensure that the noise they're releasing is engineered to MAKE YOU LIKE IT . . . It's gotta be catchy in that perfect poppy kind of way and sadly homegrown talent CANNOT produce that kind of sound because that kind of sound is not GROWN it is MANUFACTURED. . . .That simple . . .

. . I read an article in the New York times Magazine recently that did a feature on a chick named Amanda Latona (or something to that effect) . . . She's like being engineered to be the next 'Britney' . . . This girl knows NOTHING about music, has NO CLASSIC TRAINING IN THE AREA OF MUSIC . . . Doesn't know her roots, doesn't know where the songs that are being engineered for her really came from, nor the history that makes her life as a female singer possible . . . Saddest part about it: SHE DOESN'T CARE. . . Yes ladies and gentlemen, all of these decades of continuous and exacting refinement in the area of pop music has FINALLY produced a member of our society that TRULY IS A MACHINE . . . Someone who really doesn't care why things are, or what made them possible . . It's a reflection on a greater problem with our generation tho . . . A generation of perfect little self-aggrandizing idiots, that in reality are useless for building anything substatial . . . In effect, the final product of suburbia . .

. . THIS is the reality that we are building for our children, and there IS NO way to stop it . . . The age of activism and soul is dead, all that's left is sugar . . .

-Phonk

wanna kick back and watch with me tonight in my trailer?? ill pick up a case of bud or do you prefer mgd. :laugh:

anyway..........................

i watch the show and who cares if it is mindless entertainment. :drool: you need that every once in a while. some people do other shit to relax and just not think about anything. i watch american idol. eh whatever...back on topic, i think nikki will be voted off:rolleyes:

Originally posted by highmay

it's entertaining to trailor trash...

hmmm...i wonder what that makes you

highmay...sorry to burst your little bubble, but your rude remarks do nothing to me... Just make sure next time you see me, dont forget to go OUT of your Way to say "HI" to me again...

;):) :) :)

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . What you're saying here is actually scary because a great many people in this country nowadays are taking that view. . . The sad fact of the matter is, the Music Industry, through the use of marketing and demographic research has gotten itself in the business of "engineering" talent from the very ground level up . .

. . Used to be, Labels would scour for talent that already existed, then polished them until they could be marketable. . . Now, there's 'engineering' in that, however the base . . the CORE . . of the act in question was genuine . . . Today, the world is ruled by so much targeted marketing, that there IS NO OPTION to release something on a large scale without KNOWING that you're gonna top 500000 sales AT LEAST . . . What this means is the industry HAS to engineer the sound from the ground up . . . Because the Media blitz will ensure that the 'noise' (they call it music) will be subconsciously ground into the heads of the listening public . . . Because there is such a huge outlay of cash at the front end, they need to ensure that the noise they're releasing is engineered to MAKE YOU LIKE IT . . . It's gotta be catchy in that perfect poppy kind of way and sadly homegrown talent CANNOT produce that kind of sound because that kind of sound is not GROWN it is MANUFACTURED. . . .That simple . . .

. . I read an article in the New York times Magazine recently that did a feature on a chick named Amanda Latona (or something to that effect) . . . She's like being engineered to be the next 'Britney' . . . This girl knows NOTHING about music, has NO CLASSIC TRAINING IN THE AREA OF MUSIC . . . Doesn't know her roots, doesn't know where the songs that are being engineered for her really came from, nor the history that makes her life as a female singer possible . . . Saddest part about it: SHE DOESN'T CARE. . . Yes ladies and gentlemen, all of these decades of continuous and exacting refinement in the area of pop music has FINALLY produced a member of our society that TRULY IS A MACHINE . . . Someone who really doesn't care why things are, or what made them possible . . It's a reflection on a greater problem with our generation tho . . . A generation of perfect little self-aggrandizing idiots, that in reality are useless for building anything substatial . . . In effect, the final product of suburbia . .

. . THIS is the reality that we are building for our children, and there IS NO way to stop it . . . The age of activism and soul is dead, all that's left is sugar . . .

-Phonk

the fact is that nowadays, promotion and advertising is something like 95% of the total cost to come up with an artist and expose it. the other 5% is recording and pressing costs.

in other words, in order to make any money, the label needs to know with certainty that the record can be mass marketed (ie: pop crap).....so that leaves them with promoting shit that always works like boy bands and crap like that.

it used to be that the revenue from your madonnas and michael jacksons was used in part to fund new artists that would likely not sell a lot of records, in order to recoup the loss from them. but the labels have gotten much greedier now and that doesn't happen nearly as much.....i mean if they won't sell anyway why do it? decades of market research prove that.

indie labels work primarily because they deal with much lower volume of records and little to no promotion so they don't have as much to lose. but on the other hand their return isn't as big.

it's entertaining to trailor trash...

hmmm...i wonder what that makes you

I watch the show, i find it entertaining, i think Nikki is goin to get eliminated and the last time i checked, I wasnt trailor trash:aright:

Originally posted by destiny779

I watch the show, i find it entertaining, i think Nikki is goin to get eliminated and the last time i checked, I wasnt trailor trash:aright:

ok...youre from jersey...jersey "people" are completely different subcasted humans...you people would watch Bob Vila if it was on, and wouldn't budge...

ok...youre from jersey...jersey "people" are completely different subcasted humans...you people would watch Bob Vila if it was on, and wouldn't budge...

woah....glad i'm not from jersey then :rolleyes:

. . . . Hey now highmay . . .and I mean this with all respect Your Eminance . . . but I gotta say, This Old House kicked ass . . I mean, If you're a guy what's more fun (not counting getting laid or fucking around with chicks in general ) than watching a bunch of men put a house back together . . . .I mean, I'm ready to buy an entire home depot after watching that show . . .

Awwww arent you sweet, I'm sorry my fault I forgot you're better then everyone else;) And I was FORCED to watch Bob Vila by my uncle:D