Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SASHA @ the Mayan

gemerald

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

p.s. sorry i didn't see all the posts above my last post that described the mayan; don't know how i missed 'em.

freaking out here, though; there's something posted about a dress code. that only applies to their usual nights, right? it's not just that i object to dress codes as a matter of principle but also majorly as a matter of comfort. but most importantly, i don't own anything that would be considered "appropriate" for them. i don't have any shoes that i can dance in besides sneakers, and almost all the choices for my bottom half are raver-y pants. and there is no way i'm gonna show up to a club in a vintage dress! someone please tell me the dress code does not apply for avb.

Anyone seen Francois K? The small club we go to in Manchester are trying to book him for one of their ridiculously good Sunday afternoon events.

They do 4 a year and you rock up at 2pm and it closes 2am. Best use of a Sunday afternoon ever and you can still attend work the next day. In body anyway.

We had Danny Tenaglia last time and it rocked.

:eek:

Originally posted by trevorsafe5

Anyone seen Francois K? The small club we go to in Manchester are trying to book him for one of their ridiculously good Sunday afternoon events.

They do 4 a year and you rock up at 2pm and it closes 2am. Best use of a Sunday afternoon ever and you can still attend work the next day. In body anyway.

We had Danny Tenaglia last time and it rocked.

:eek:

he was at sankeys for tribal session wasnt he? read about it on the GU board. gonna go see him in space in miami this upcoming weekend.

i've sen francois k. a couple of times at arc/vinyl in nyc, more housey, i can only stand so much house, but people love him.

yeh, i read about the phazon there and i also read about the tribal weekender thingy there, i swear had to go to the john and wank off when i saw the line up.

FRIDAY NIGHT

ARE YOU TRIBAL ROOM ??

DEEP DISH

X-PRESS 2

SANDER KLEINENBERG

GREG VICKERS

TRIBAL SESSIONS ROOM

THOMAS BANGALTER (DAFT PUNK)

CASSIUS

DJ FALCON

GREG VICKERS

KRYSKO

FEATHERS AND FACEPAINT ROOM

DAVE CLARKE

JUSTIN ROBERTSON

SANDER KLEINENBERG

SOAP BAR ROOM

JON CARTER

EROL ALKIN

MEDICINE8 LIVE DEBUT

M-GROOVE

VIP SOUNDSYSTEMS ROOM

PLANET SABBATICAL

BEAU

SATURDAY DAY

ARE YOU TRIBAL ROOM PRESENTS THE HIP HOP SESSIONS.

GRANDMASTER FLASH

AVALANCHES' DJ DEXTA

SOAP BAR ROOM

TRIBALIST SOUNDSYSTEM FINAL

SATURDAY NIGHT

ARE YOU TRIBAL ROOM! PRESENTS 'AIRDRAWNDAGGER'

SASHA

LAYO AND BUSHWACKA !

JAMES ZABIELA

TRIBAL SESSIONS ROOM

DERRICK CARTER

MAD MIKE LIVE (10 MINUTE COMEDY SHOW)

GREG VICKERS

TOM STEPHAN

FUTURESHOCK

KRYSKO

SOAP BAR ROOM

STANTON WARRIORS

PLUMP DJS

GREG VICKERS

M-GROOVE

VIP SOUNDSYSTEMS ROOM

CHIBUKU SHAKE SHAKE

SUNDAY AFTERNOON

TRIBAL SESSIONS ROOM PRESENTS

ACID HOUSE CLASSICS

FEATURING THE ORIGINAL HACIENDA DJ BOOTH & LIGHTS AND SOME VERY VERY SPECIAL GUESTS

UMEK

KRYSKO

Originally posted by weyes

p.s. sorry i didn't see all the posts above my last post that described the mayan; don't know how i missed 'em.

freaking out here, though; there's something posted about a dress code. that only applies to their usual nights, right? it's not just that i object to dress codes as a matter of principle but also majorly as a matter of comfort. but most importantly, i don't own anything that would be considered "appropriate" for them. i don't have any shoes that i can dance in besides sneakers, and almost all the choices for my bottom half are raver-y pants. and there is no way i'm gonna show up to a club in a vintage dress! someone please tell me the dress code does not apply for avb.

Been to The Mayan with everything from New Balances to combat boots & jeans to camouflage Kixwares... I've been in some type of tee-shirt every time, and usually have my shirt off on the dance floor - never had a problem. A majority of people are fitted in smart-casual wear, but from what I've seen there are plenty of people in club gear as well.

Though AvB does put himself together well, so maybe there is a special dress code for him :rainbow:

Matthew Krysko is a good friend of mine. that boy got some rare talent. He warms up for the main guys and really reads the crowd well. Nights when it is just the residents are great because it is a real good crowd. None of the big name followers etc.

I am going over to New York for New Year, have you heard of Arc, formaerly Vinyl? Or any other suggestions of where to get some suitably dark beats. What do you think of the man sasha`s album?

Tim:blown:

Matthew Krysko is a good friend of mine. that boy got some rare talent. He warms up for the main guys and really reads the crowd well. Nights when it is just the residents are great because it is a real good crowd. None of the big name followers etc.

I am going over to New York for New Year, have you heard of Arc, formaerly Vinyl? Or any other suggestions of where to get some suitably dark beats. What do you think of the man sasha`s album?

Tim:blown:

yup i've gone to vinyl/arc many a times. going in 2 weeks time to see sven vath and ritchie hawtin.

they recently installed phazon there and its pretty sweet. had some trouble with their A/C when i was there a couple months ago for tenaglia/howells but apparently they were fixing it.

place is small, kinda twiloesque feeling to it, but smaller. gets mad packed, but it defintly looks nicer although i kinda liked the dirty run down look it had before.

check: http://www.madeevents.com

and: http://www.arcspace.net

they post upcoming lineups for arc there. there are rumors that tennaglia might be moving his "be yourself" party from arc due to problems with the new owners, but who knows.

if your looking for tribal, prog then check arc, centro-fly (on thursdays) and filter 14 (satoshi has a residency there). ezdreamer (another board) has an updated calendar of events in nyc which they update regularly so does naughtybooth so defitly check on those sites as the date comes closer.

and:http://www.tronictreatment.com/ if you like techno.

on sasha's album i think its pretty good. i dont think its out of this world, but he definitly went for something different, not the banging sound that we are all used to in sasha when he spins. we'll defintly be seeing lots of the singles from the album remixed and remixed and remixed.

what i wouldnt do to live ion the uk, although between the clubs and football i would be unproductive as hell.

Originally posted by lostin310

Been to The Mayan with everything from New Balances to combat boots & jeans to camouflage Kixwares... I've been in some type of tee-shirt every time, and usually have my shirt off on the dance floor - never had a problem. A majority of people are fitted in smart-casual wear, but from what I've seen there are plenty of people in club gear as well.

Though AvB does put himself together well, so maybe there is a special dress code for him :rainbow:

thanks so much :) . i also asked my omniscient friend with whom i am attending this event (he's a walking dj/club encyclopedia :D ), and he says that the mayan only has that dress code for its regular salsa nights, etc. i am sooooo relieved :aright: .

Originally posted by vicman

yup i've gone to vinyl/arc many a times. going in 2 weeks time to see sven vath and ritchie hawtin.

they recently installed phazon there and its pretty sweet. had some trouble with their A/C when i was there a couple months ago for tenaglia/howells but apparently they were fixing it.

place is small, kinda twiloesque feeling to it, but smaller. gets mad packed, but it defintly looks nicer although i kinda liked the dirty run down look it had before.

check: http://www.madeevents.com

and: http://www.arcspace.net

they post upcoming lineups for arc there. there are rumors that tennaglia might be moving his "be yourself" party from arc due to problems with the new owners, but who knows.

if your looking for tribal, prog then check arc, centro-fly (on thursdays) and filter 14 (satoshi has a residency there). ezdreamer (another board) has an updated calendar of events in nyc which they update regularly so does naughtybooth so defitly check on those sites as the date comes closer.

and:http://www.tronictreatment.com/ if you like techno.

on sasha's album i think its pretty good. i dont think its out of this world, but he definitly went for something different, not the banging sound that we are all used to in sasha when he spins. we'll defintly be seeing lots of the singles from the album remixed and remixed and remixed.

what i wouldnt do to live ion the uk, although between the clubs and football i would be unproductive as hell.

Thanks for the advice. Where are you from? US is so god damn huge it must be hard to travel around. I can get to any major city for any club event in a matter of hours. The dj`s will often play 3 sets, London then maybe Sheffield or Leeds and then over to Sunny Manchester.

I can wait to come over to NY, the Twilo crowd were cool. Apart from being sold 5 shit E`s! I gues that is what you expect if you are a foreigner.

I am very un productive, I have Sky Premiership plus so get about 5 matches a week on TV.

What are you doing NYE? or is it too early to tell. We booked up 6 months ago so getting excited already.:eek:

Possibly the best club night in UK. First Thursday in the month. Because it is once a month and Thursday you get a tip top crowd and atmosphere.

The club is a gay club but not on this night so beer boys stay away!

It is Digweeds club and he will often just stroll around making sure people are enjoying themselves. Deep Dish played a top set last year. I think they are my favourite act.

Check out the site and make a point in going if you come to the UK. It is underneath Charing Cross Station

www.bedrock.org.uk

:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the advice. Where are you from? US is so god damn huge it must be hard to travel around. I can get to any major city for any club event in a matter of hours. The dj`s will often play 3 sets, London then maybe Sheffield or Leeds and then over to Sunny Manchester.

I can wait to come over to NY, the Twilo crowd were cool. Apart from being sold 5 shit E`s! I gues that is what you expect if you are a foreigner.

I am very un productive, I have Sky Premiership plus so get about 5 matches a week on TV.

What are you doing NYE? or is it too early to tell. We booked up 6 months ago so getting excited already.:eek:

I'm originally from Mexico, but lived a bit all over the place both there, here and other places. Currently I live in DC, lived in NY for almost a couple of years before moving here for work. Unfortunately I wasnt all that into clubs when I lived up there so I only ended up going to Twilo 4 times in all, but the vie was amazing there.

DC aint bad. Not NY in terms ofthe talent that comes here on a weekly basis, but Buzz here is getting better with the talent they are booking, and I enjoy it better than any NY club vibe-wise. And still, NY is only a 6 hr drive away or 1:30 by plane or 3 hrs by train, so I go as often as I can.

Dunno about NYE. Family wants to do Arizona for Christmas, so I might end up there and taking advantadge of that trip I might wanna go to LA for a few days, but then again if everyone here is up for NY then I might do that instead.

I used to have FOX sports world, got a couple of premeirship matches, german, french, italian league and champions league on a weekly basis, but my new cable company sux ass, and I cant get a dish in my apartment, against the community regulations :mad: .

LIVERPOOL are my team. icon14.gif whats yours?

Possibly the best club night in UK. First Thursday in the month. Because it is once a month and Thursday you get a tip top crowd and atmosphere.

The club is a gay club but not on this night so beer boys stay away!

It is Digweeds club and he will often just stroll around making sure people are enjoying themselves. Deep Dish played a top set last year. I think they are my favourite act.

Check out the site and make a point in going if you come to the UK. It is underneath Charing Cross Station

www.bedrock.org.uk

:D :D :D :D :D

i've only been to the UK once. That was 4 years ago on my way to France for teh world cup, just stayed for a 4 days all together, the people I went with were not into clubs...damn them, damn them all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

i bought an arsenal scarf when i was there, spent a day just visiting satdiums in london, go figure, while some people yourist around london visiting sites, monuments and such, i was visiting football stadiums.

yup, i got digweeds mmii a while back, i like it. 6 hours till home.

I lived and worked in London for 2 years and have`nt been to many of the sites either! Bedrock, Fabric, Denim Bar and Highbury are better than most of the tourist sites. London Eye is BORING! Get Me Of!!

There is a bar at the top of Tower 42 in the financial district. tallest building in London. It is pretty swanky and you need to book etc, but the views from that are better than the friggin` eye, and you can drink Champagne as well!

That is why i am using this thing, so when we come to NY we know where is goog to go. Chelsea and Greenwich were prety cool but I didnbt find and decent pre club bars. I was only there 2 nights though.

20 Mins till home time. I am going to the Gym then I got a massage booked. I hope the girl is fit!

Tim

:peeright::party::peeleft:

Man I love these pics!

:laugh: :laugh:

yeh, the smileys are money.

shit, even though you might not read this until tommorrow, Arc/Vinyl is dry...yes, it sucks monkey balls, but no liqour, they lost their license a few years ago and havent gotten it back.

i woudl reallylike to see craig richards and james lavelle at fabric. i have some of their stuff, but live is always better...well almost always better.

It is true that young Craig doesnt travel much outside the Capital. That is why mr Burridge earns a fat wad compared with Craigs small wad.

Lee Burridge likes his Veg steamed and crunchy. Whilst both off it I remember him telling me at Fabric. We used to know people who let us in VIP so usually get talking with these guys. Met Moby and he is a dick.

Working on a Sales site today. Got Stanton warriors pumpin in the background. Oh Yes.

Working on a Sales site today. Got Stanton warriors pumpin in the background. Oh Yes.

i'm wasting time at work..as usual, got john marsh, fabric 3? i just DL it yesterday.

havent listened to stanton warriors EM, i DL some time ago, but still havent given it a listen.