Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what are your fav. new dj mixes

loraine

sasha on annie

cass i-crunch (this one is a bit older but still worth the search)

danny howells tel aviv

james zabiela gtdj001 (commercially available)

darren emerson and tim deluxe underwater (also available in shops)

those are mixes i've listened to in the past week. there are loads of new things i've got on my drive that i have yet to listen to. including a 5 cd set of cass, steve porter and satoshi!

Chris liked Sasha's on One better than I did.... :)

I liked....

Layo & Bushwaka's Glastonbury mix was bumpin'!!!! LOVE IT

Danny Howell's essential was something different and refreshing

Zabiela's GTDJ001 is great from track 5 on IMO

Satoshi's NB is pretty decent, however, I liked CD 1 better

I also liked Red Jerry's Further, nice

OH... and Paul Louth's mix on GT yesterday was AMAZING!!!! Unfortunately his recording of it got fucked up because he was recording all channels at once and you can hear him cueing up records on it 11doh.gif SOOOO.... if anyone knows of anybody who recorded that could you hook it up, please????? ;)

Sasha - Airddrawndagger / KissFM Mix

James Zabiela - GTDJ001

Ashley Casselle - 6.21.02 in Amsterdam

Domingo Sunday Castillo - Around the Box (DEEP DOWN in Miami volume 1)

Ramon C - Trainwrecking on my own decks

Slam - Head States / Alien Radio

Echomen Kiss FM

Spesh KissFM

Murk Essential Mix 3.23.97

Danny Howells Essential Mix

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

Jask - 4.30.02 - very nice

Sasha - airdrawndagger - very nice

Eric Morillo - Subliminal sessions 3 cd 3 (deep, vocally house)

Layo & Bushwaka's Glastonbury mix <-----Excellent

Danny Howell's essential mix - I didn't really like this

Doc Martin - Sounds you can feel - I really liked one track - Days Like This - Schaun Escoffery. Great track with a nice throbbing baseline and really soulful vocals.

Originally posted by loraine

i've been sooo out of the loop that i have no idea what's out and worth listening to, so for those of you who don't mind sharing your thoughts, what's good ( live mix or compilation)?

Here's a typically oddball list/discussion of what's been in heavy rotation for me lately.......mix, no-mix, what have you:

Tom Middleton "The Sound of the Cosmos" - not what I thought it was going to be as it's almost *all* 3 CDs worth of chill, but still awfully nice......a lot of good key mixing as per his little discussion in the liner notes. I am always a sucker for a mix that's in key.....Seaman also tends to do this a lot on his compilations, I think that's partly why I like them so much. But back to the Middleton.....I like CD1 best because it's got the most variation......breaksy and generally pretty funky.......I also can't get enough of Sunglasses At Night on top of Blue Monday.

Spoon "A Series Of Sneaks" - new album from Texas indie band I've become a fan of. good stuff.......

Drexciya "Harnessed The Storm" - further satiating my lust lately for the more electro side of techno.

Beth Orton "Daybreaker" - wasn't expecting too much from this one, but I heard it and bought it immediately. I think it might be her strongest album. There's just something about her voice that gets me.........all her albums do it for me but this is my new favorite. "Concrete Sky" is to me what country music *should* be all about but isn't.

Telepopmusik "Genetic World" - this one has been in rotation for weeks. I just find this to be a completely fascinating album. It's just.......really damned good. I don't know, perhaps *kinda* like Air........but with more depth? I just love that woman Angela McCluskey's voice, it has so much character......it's a timeless quality I have a hard time explaining.

Charlie May & Junkie XL "Technodubfest" (Ministry mag cover CD) - just a lot of good laid-back dubby techno......can't go wrong with Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Monolake and Model 500.......just one of those really, really good Ministry CDs that tend to surface perhaps once a year........

Sasha "Airdrawndagger" - how could I not? Reminds me of Tangerine Dream, Orbital and generally *pretty* melodic electronic music that I've always loved. Good job Sasha.

Miss Kittin "Electroclash" (Muzik mag cover CD) - another extremely good magazine CD that no one will take my opinion seriously on. Frankly, I don't understand how anyone can resist this stuff. I hear people dismissing this style as moldy 80's retread but I think these people are not really opening their ears and listening. It's not so easily dismissed because it's not as one-tracked as you think it is, and this mix CD by Miss Kittin proves it to me without a doubt. For one, it's a very wide "genre," if it can even be called that. Second, it's *highly* mixable. It pretty much mixes with everything and as such really promotes a tech-y, robo-futuristic mixed bag of sorts. Tracks 2-3-4 on this mix represent the best track progression I've heard in a long time........Arpanet "Wireless Internet" to System 01 "Drugs Work" to Mateo Murphy "Fool's Gold"

Swayzak - Himawari (this one was released in 2000, i just found out about it (thanks Marick!)

Moshic - Deep Live @ Cult Club (First Hour) 6-Feb-2002

a great opening set for mo shic, very chill

Sasha - Airdrawndagger

like a good wine, this one keeps getting better with age (wait, its only been released for two weeks, heh :P )

James Zabiela - gtdj001

Kurtis Patrick- Live on Proton Radio(08-06-02)

(as mentioned in a CP thread, a great TECH HOUSE set)

Pat Foosheen - Theosis (june 2002 promo)

amazing promo cd.. that last 20 minutes are incredible!

Smight - is this the main room? (cure recordings 30-june-2002)

(download it here: http://www.trajectory.org/index1.cfm )