Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Centro-Fly REVIEW... LaST NiGHT!

Just got home.. still tipsy.. so please excuse the typos. First off, I wanna thank everyone that showed up for my Final Fling party! Codica, Smokesum, Avalondon, Teklord, Wahoo, Mike Bugout, supposedly Highmay you were there but I didn't see yer ass, all my FaVoRiTeS from Reach, District and beyond... Thorin, Sev, Larry, Jordan, Eugene, Dominick, Andy, hey smiley steve were u there? Alex & Leo and Jabit, and all the rest of u that I'm too out of it to remember right now...

Thank you all soooooo much for being there for my going-away party ~ I couldn't ask for a better crowd and I luv u all! Special thanks to T.A. and Sevvy for the bottle, you guys are the best :)

Walked into the club and found myself in the middle of a deep, funky house track by our *fabulous* opening DJ John Michaels (;) ) and didn't sit still the rest of the night.. Stephan was RIPPING IT UP from like 2 a.m. on... awesome awesome performance by the DJ's! Yes, T.A., Superchumbo ROCKED THE SHOW... a totally FRESH sound :laugh2:

Oh yeah, and Stern, great job with the doors ~ thanks so much for taking care of everyone for me.

Quote of the nite from my sister who almost never comes out:

"This club has the lowest concentration of ugly people that I've ever seen. How do you guys do that? Everyone is really good looking! And this club is so nice, I definitely will come back here, the venue is great"

Mmmmmhmmmmmm.... :D

Road trippin' to start ASAP... lock your doors, I'm ready to go...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aly,

I was there from 11:30ish - 3:30ish... most of the time either by the booth or the bar... how did I not see you?

Sorry hon, hope you had a great time and well... you'll be back!

The party itself was great, can't complain ;)

Tom Stephan is mad cool and spun a great set.

Hung out with LES, Trendroid and That Kid Chris for awhile, amongst a few other DJ Notables that seem to be stopping by.

Good times :)

Steve

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Quote of the nite from my sister who almost never comes out:

"This club has the lowest concentration of ugly people that I've ever seen. How do you guys do that? Everyone is really good looking! And this club is so nice, I definitely will come back here, the venue is great"

:laugh: :laugh: SINCE I STILL HAVEN'T SLEPT, that HAS TO BE THE QUOTE OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!! "LOWEST CONCENTRATION..." that is f'ing hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Aly good luck sweetie, i am sure though we won't be missing you!!!!! ;)

Originally posted by az-tec

just got home...

IM hurtin, work in 3 hours :(

Hometeam DEFINITELY reprezented!!!

i think im dying...

good morning

-AZ

ANDY, ur soo funny!~ For some reason I didn't get to hang out with you much last night, no prob....i will call u later......

HOMETEAM SHOULD BE F'ING BANNED FROM THE SCENE!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE WE DOING TO OURSELVES!!!!!!

BTW, WTF, WE have to talk to tom about these early closings!!!!!! 6 am!!!!!!! BULLSHIT, I HAD A GOOD 5 HOURS LEFT IN ME!~

Last night was my last summer time Thursday left since i'm going to Cali tommorow. Centro was the best possible place to spend it. Holy shit!!!!

I got in around 10:45 becuase I thought more of u drunken bastards would take advantage of the open bar. To my surprise the place was empty and I couldn't find CP people, I figured its worth the $10 cover. So I took advantage of the open bar and ran into John Michaels before he started spinning. Hung out in the dj booth for a while, chatted with Thorin about stuff.

People started filling in. Ran into 2 russian girls from Rutgers, definetely a pleasant surprise. Maybe they will actually read this and reply since they are CP kids too. By 1am the place was pretty packed!! John stayed on the decks till about 1:30 or so, he did a fabulous job of getting the crowd moing, maybe even a little too much. Good job man!

I can't possibly list all the board heads I saw last night, there were at least 50. But just for fun i'm going to try.... in no particular order:

john_michaels****(duh), codica, roninmess, bugout, magilicutti, aztec, thorin, regina, lextacy, smokesum, avalondon, redblur, mitch(i forgot your board name), glowsticks, wonderbread, misskittie, nycclub15, shadowchaser, vixxenfoxy, j303j, sk13, roha3000, lavendermenace, ichigama, cmb1975, and then there is the other half of the club which I didn't stick around long enough for. Give me a whats up if we met and i'm a dumbass who forgot.

ANYWAY... Superchumbo came on and built it up nicely, definetely played a kickin set. Those 2 dancers were just plain awesome. I tried leaving but couldn't get out of there for an hour, just too good. Aly abducted me into the VIP area, it was nice to finally meet you!!

I got a few pics, should come out nice. So all in all Centro was definetely worth whatever u paid for it, absolutely nuts! I'm definetely coming back sometime soon. I let too much time go by since the last time I was at Centro. I gotta pack for my trip to Cali. PEACE!

last night was really fun.

music was great, and I cant believe how many heads were there. saw some people I hadnt seen in forever. Happy birthday Mike and Brenna!

Andy, steve, thorin, sevan et al... you guys are doing a great job! congrats.

BTW- you guys are going to kill me... I have work on fridays damn it! I'm useless today!

;)

Well looking at Teklord's list, i do believe i missed seeing like half the boards out last nite! You know what's funny, I swear I saw Ms. Menace last night but I wasn't sure, and this guy smacked into my arm really hard and spilled my drink down all down my leg, and when I went to give him a nasty look I was like "wow! that looks like Roha!"

Originally posted by myke

WOW....... What a night..... Centro-Fly Thursday is an experience like no other, sight & sound WOW WOW....... left me speechless...... I'm drainedddd Can't wait for next week...... Get ready for tonight @ The Roxy!

Myke, y is it that I never see you there? I look and look but I can never find!! :eek:

Once again I can't find the words to describe thursdays @ Centro.....its ironic because we have been trying to find a name for this party for part 10 weeks -- we stuck with CENTRO-FLY THURSDAYS...i personally don't like to name parties anymore...and just let the talent & promoters speak for themselves....I have a good idea.....lets let the clubplanet members name this party!!!!!

seriously ...... start replying with names for this party

hometeam did it again....wtf

ermin's power hr....he left ....lets go...play time is over..lololololol

i'm sorry about the 6:00 closing....last week we had a problem with people hanging out outside the club after the party was over.....we can stay open later...but we need to leave the club area when we close.....

this might be the most unorganized post i have ever made......but this is exactly how my thought process is currently working

i will write a review later.....i am so sick

love

ta

man...i just woke up a 1/2 hr ago...and i'm beat...what a night...i had high hopes for the night...but this was just incredible...

first was john michaels just ripping it (love that cat track), and his cd giveaway provided a beautiful soundtrack for my ride home. I saw Peter Rauhofer there which was a pleasant site. But once 1:30am came around, the place was packed, and senor chumbo himself ripped all night. All the way till about 5:15. His set was great and had the pace going nuts with irresistible, love at first sight, and safe from harm. He held out on get me off for all of us that stuck around till the end. damn...i'm tired...danced my ass off all night...hope everyone else had a great time too...and i agree...ugly people just non-existent @ centro...whoo hoo...can't wait till next week!

Originally posted by thorinaiello

Once again I can't find the words to describe thursdays @ Centro.....its ironic because we have been trying to find a name for this party for part 10 weeks -- we stuck with CENTRO-FLY THURSDAYS...i personally don't like to name parties anymore...and just let the talent & promoters speak for themselves....I have a good idea.....lets let the clubplanet members name this party!!!!!

seriously ...... start replying with names for this party

hometeam did it again....wtf

ermin's power hr....he left ....lets go...play time is over..lololololol

i'm sorry about the 6:00 closing....last week we had a problem with people hanging out outside the club after the party was over.....we can stay open later...but we need to leave the club area when we close.....

this might be the most unorganized post i have ever made......but this is exactly how my thought process is currently working

i will write a review later.....i am so sick

love

ta

Thorin,

You are the winner this week, again! lol!

Take it easy bro, dont do anything nuts tonite and get more sleep.

As for naming the party... I was going to tell you guys we should just keep it the way it is... God damn ?. lol

I must say I was there the first Thursday and I must say it has evolved into something incredible. Like I said earlier, the vibe yesterday was awesome. You had your juiceheads, chelsea boys, trannys, musically inclined people, sluts, b-boys...anybody u can think of all under one roof and grooving to the dope beats. Excellent. Cant wait for next week.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Well looking at Teklord's list, i do believe i missed seeing like half the boards out last nite! You know what's funny, I swear I saw Ms. Menace last night but I wasn't sure, and this guy smacked into my arm really hard and spilled my drink down all down my leg, and when I went to give him a nasty look I was like "wow! that looks like Roha!"

HAHAHAHA, thats too funny. I'm sure it was me if Roha was with me. when/where was this?

WOW, indeed. What a night! I think Im gonna make Centro my new Thursday night spot. Like Vixen said before, the crowd was def top-notch. Vibe was great and the music, yes the music! Tom Stephan tore me a new asshole.. Had me dancing non stop for hours(my legs are still killing me!)

Of course, as always, it was great meeting some new and familar faces from CP..Teklord, Codica(sorry I spilled your drink), Mike Bugout, Rominess, VixenFoxy, Magilicutti(bro, everytime I go out, you're there)...

all in all, a great night..Cant wait to do it again!

highlight of the night:Ir-re-sist-i-ble!!<--HOT

Originally posted by avalondon3

WOW, indeed. What a night! I think Im gonna make Centro my new Thursday night spot. Like Vixen said before, the crowd was def top-notch. Vibe was great and the music, yes the music! Tom Stephan tore me a new asshole.. Had me dancing non stop for hours(my legs are still killing me!)

Of course, as always, it was great meeting some new and familar faces from CP..Teklord, Codica(sorry I spilled your drink), Mike Bugout, Rominess, VixenFoxy, Magilicutti(bro, everytime I go out, you're there)...

all in all, a great night..Cant wait to do it again!

highlight of the night:Ir-re-sist-i-ble!!<--HOT

dancing non stop??? more like doin your monkey impersonation non stop...lolol

oh oh ah ah

ok so it was my birthday yesterday and i finally had to check out the party i have been hearing so much about..... i had to leave a lil early but WOWWWWWWWWW... outta controol.... by 12:30 the place was definately filled with hottttt girls... especially by the bar. Saw all the great familiar faces I know and love plus some new ones. Its so cool to see everyone dancin around drinkin having a good time with noo drama or bullshit. Went to go visit John in the dj booth.. he was dancin around bouncin up and down as usual rippin shit up. System sounds fuckin great... the basslines really kick on those EAW bass bottoms. Thorin, Sev, Larry, Eugene, Louis and Tippy.... well they all just have a couple screws loose anyway.. i love them. while Thorin makes it his buisness to try to pick up every single girl in the club... Sevan gets everyone rippppeedd at the bar. I LOVE IT!!! Cody and Bugout havent seen u guys in a while, it was great to see you there. Aly..... umm yea we have our secrets... :) but overall it was JUST A SIICKKK PARTY.. too bad I had to leave at 1:15.. im goin by next week deffinately.

It was my first time at Centro on a Thursday...my friends and I all had a great time. The djs did a great job, good vibe, good-looking crowd. Now Im about to pass out at work:chop:

Too bad I won't be able to come back for a while...Law school starts Monday :(

all i can say is WOW. this party lived up to the hype. the crowd was BEAUTIFUL. superchumbo's set was off the hook. This is looking like the best party not just on thursdays, but in the city, PERIOD. the party was definitely the best time i've had at a club all summer. :D

Originally posted by asianvixen

all i can say is WOW. this party lived up to the hype. the crowd was BEAUTIFUL. superchumbo's set was off the hook. This is looking like the best party not just on thursdays, but in the city, PERIOD. the party was definitely the best time i've had at a club all summer. :D

Just wait until you see whats lined up over the next 3 months... this party is going to go on for a long time! ;)