Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn car buffs: new 7 series...

the 7 series is ugly and IDrive blows

quite frankly i dont like any of the new bmw designs except for the 1-series

there is currently a petition online to get the designer of the 7 series fired from BMW...ill post it when i find it

better yet...BMW wants to put IDrive in all of its cars eventually

btw: rumor has it that BMW is lying about its sales figures for the 7 series....and that its giving out big discounts to move them off dealer lots...:shaky:

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

what's iDrive?

I-Drive is BMW's way of making the driving experience much more complicated than it needs to be....in order to operate the navigation, stereo, and ac you can use this joystick in the center console instead of pushing buttons (actually i think its the only way you can use the navigation function)

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

btw: rumor has it that BMW is lying about its sales figures for the 7 series....and that its giving out big discounts to move them off dealer lots...:shaky:

. . . that's the only part I disagree with . . . BMW is notorius for never giving discounts . . . they don't want to "de-class" the namesake . . . ya know what I mean? . . .

I like...especially after driving one. The iDrive was weird at first but it really isnt that hard. Its a knob, like a stereo volume knob, pick what you wanna do, click it, etc...The new 3-Series are in my opion the hottest cars out right now. The 330ci or the CLK430, those are my 2 choices of cars right now. Gotta drive the CLK still..the 330ci is sooooo hot, and has balls.

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . I don't care what any of you plebians say, that car looks like a fat women in an evening dress masquerading around as a Cadillac Catera . . . End of fucking story . . :no: . . .

exactly.. the new 7's suck ass...

badly

wJ

yep they are fugly, not to mention that they have a shitload of engine problems with them, just like the new M3's and the whole engine blow fiasco. Too bad that this new look is here to stay, the new 2003 BMW 5 series is adopting the same fugly look...

Nicest thing in the upcoming lineup is the Z4, that thing is so sexy, its a little bit of a rip off of the s2000 (back wise) but overall it will explode the sales charts.

• 1 month later...

once again... I'm laughing :D

the only thing cars like that are good for is pulling chicks or impressing a date with how rich/powerful you are...

there is NOTHING practical about them.

Refinement? Psssh.

give me racing buckets, a mechanical throttle linkage (not this lame electronic one BMW''s have) and a CONSOLE with KNOBS and BUTTONS and SWITCHES...

so that i know what i'm doing and don't have to fuck around staring at a screen to adjust shit.

i dunno i don't think the new 7 is that bad, i drove one. the side view looking at an angle sorta looks like a S500 ripoff. the idrive shit i'm not terribly fond of.....i too likes my switches and buttons.

what really freaks me out is this drive-by-wire shit....the car has no throttle....no human contact with the engine mechanically on the gas pedal, its by computer.

they're also looking at steer-by-wire and brake-by-wire in the future too.....so what happens when the controller crashes? i guess you crash too. :blown:

if you think the new 7 is bad, look what they did to the 5:

06.jpg

:blown:

shit looks like a fucking neon from behind. bmw is fucking up all their new shit, their new designs are sucking ass. the only things i've seen that look promising is the new 1/2series (i've seen reports mixing the 2 together) with a 240hp engine, and the luxury coupe 6 series which is supposed to compete (and blow out of the sky) the CL500, but costing the same.