Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl tonight w/ Danny T

Hey, what time should I get there by to get in? I think I'm on the guest list, and also...what time does he go on?

I've never been... I'm expecting to get trashed and get a great set from Tenaglia...

Please let me know, thanks.

Oh, and by what time, is it, that there's no chance for me getting in? 2 am? later? earlier?

Thanks

WHAT? He's not there?

I've never heard of the other two...

I may have to change plans then, I'd prefer to see the best, since most of my other friends don't like this kind of music, I'm stuck...

Dammit! What's the point of being a resident DJ for a month @ Vinyl, if you're not going to do it. Even his freakin website says he's here tonight....

This stinks...

(I guess I'm left w/ Sander tomorrow, if that gets f'd up, not a very good 1st impression of the big apple...)

No knock on Woods & Sperte...

But there's a site that ranks the best DJ's... It has about 10,000 DJ's ranked... by top to worst... by voters in a regulated fasion...

Danny T ranks 14 in the world.

Sander ranks 38 in the world.

Sperte & Woods aren't even in the top 10,000!

(oh, for the record, the top 3 are Tiesto, PVD, and Oaky in that order).

(so that's what I mean, when I say never heard of them, apparently, neither has other trance fans...)

Originally posted by leftymo

But there's a site that ranks the best DJ's... It has about 10,000 DJ's ranked... by top to worst... by voters in a regulated fasion...

(so that's what I mean, when I say never heard of them, apparently, neither has other trance fans...)

haha, are you talking about www.thedjlist.com ? sweet site.:rolleyes:

. . . You're a fucking musical idiot . . . Don't go to Vinyl tonight, that club will be better of without you . . . . Oh and do go tomorrow either . . . In fact, pack up your bags and go back to the fucking hole you crawled out of . . . :rolleyes: . . .

lefty mo, i saw you mention that DT's website says he is at Vinyl/ARc tonight but if read more carefully you will notice it actually says he isnt there tonight....if you point your mouse over todays date (august 16) a box will pop up on the right side and tell you taht its BE YOURSELF@ Ibiza....

phuturefunk: That was truly brilliant, and inciteful, did it take you a whole minute to come up w/ that profound stuff there?

I'm a musical idiot? and you are basing this on what exactly? I'm sorry, maybe those two DJ's do compare to Danny Tenaglia...

If you honestly would like to make an assessment on sperte & woods vs. Danny T, please let me know.

I'm not from NY... so these local DJ's, i really don't give a shit about, not right now that is... I wanna see the best... sorry if that's beneath you.

The club would be better w/o me? Now you have some inferiority problems... if that makes you feel better about yourself, go ahead and criticize & bash anyone & everyone.

All I did on this board, is show my frustration that Danny T isn't spinning tonight... uh, I built myself up for tonight, and now its like the plans are crumbling.

As for the big apple, I've done the lounge scene and that is god awful, and nobody knows a decent venue of trance, nor are there any sites that let you know when the best are coming here.

All I read is about how Exit's management stinks, Twilo is closed or open, Clubs are all teenie boppers and that when the big boys come out here they let like 8000 people in those tiny venues and nowhere to dance.

Sorry, but where I'm from things are a lot different! I'm just hoping its somewhat close...

So go pick on someone else, don't waste your time and mine again...got it?

thank you.

sypher:

Yeah, it wasn't just that site, (now I may have missed that little thing)... but the site at which I asked to be put on the guestlist, it says the same thing... vinyl and then leaving for ibiza or something...

So I was a bit confused, but then thought, why would he say he's a resident in Vinyl for a month, and then take off!

Cool, no problem, but Sperte & Woods are no Danny T...

I guess I'm stuck w/ hip hop tonight...no knock on it either, its just not what I prefer.

(note to phuturefunk: i am NOT bashing hiphop music, please read all posts carefully!)

phuturefunk: That was truly brilliant, and inciteful, did it take you a whole minute to come up w/ that profound stuff there?

I'm a musical idiot? and you are basing this on what exactly? I'm sorry, maybe those two DJ's do compare to Danny Tenaglia...

If you honestly would like to make an assessment on sperte & woods vs. Danny T, please let me know.

I'm not from NY... so these local DJ's, i really don't give a shit about, not right now that is... I wanna see the best... sorry if that's beneath you.

The club would be better w/o me? Now you have some inferiority problems... if that makes you feel better about yourself, go ahead and criticize & bash anyone & everyone.

All I did on this board, is show my frustration that Danny T isn't spinning tonight... uh, I built myself up for tonight, and now its like the plans are crumbling.

As for the big apple, I've done the lounge scene and that is god awful, and nobody knows a decent venue of trance, nor are there any sites that let you know when the best are coming here.

All I read is about how Exit's management stinks, Twilo is closed or open, Clubs are all teenie boppers and that when the big boys come out here they let like 8000 people in those tiny venues and nowhere to dance.

Sorry, but where I'm from things are a lot different! I'm just hoping its somewhat close...

thank you.

. . . Anyone who marches on this board and starts putting "the dj list" as a barometer of whether or not to see talent is a FUCKING IDIOT . . and EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD . . . FACTORY HEAD, VINYL FREAK , WHATEVA . . . will agree with me . . . .

. . . If you knew ANYTHING . . you'd know that there's kids working out of their bedrooms that could put most of the headliners that come around to shame . . the fact that their not on top doesn't make them horrible DJ's . .they just choose NOT to seek out the life of being a fucking DJ . . . oooh, that's an earthshattering reality . . oooh!!! . . :rolleyes: . . . .

. . Oh, and I'm intensely interested to know where the fuck you come from, cause I want to make absolutely sure I never go there . . . :rolleyes: . . .

Hey, what time should I get there by to get in? I think I'm on the guest list, and also...what time does he go on?

I've never been... I'm expecting to get trashed and get a great set from Tenaglia...

Please let me know, thanks.

Oh, and by what time, is it, that there's no chance for me getting in? 2 am? later? earlier?

Thanks

just so you know if you go to arc to see dt in the future, they don't have a liquer lisence so don't expect to get trashed there. go somewhere else before if ya wanna :pint:, then go to arc around 3-4.

;) Now now Phunk... calm down.

we've got to EDUCATE, or else what will our scene become?

[though if after being blessed with knowledge, someone still is ignorant, by all means rip them to pieces.]

Vinyl is a fun atmosphere almost regardless of who's playing. Go check it out, ESPECIALLY because DT isn't there. You'll get to experience what it's like to NOT go to the "big bang best known" party. It'll be a more intimate experience and you can really go and enjoy yourself without wondering if a busload of Britney Spears fans or half the frat boys from Jersey will show up, talking about how cool they are to be going to the "Next big thing" in nightlife.

Just go with an open mind, enjoy the music, get acquainted with the culture and i'm sure you'll find your niche. And next week, go see Danny and that'll just open the floodgates for ya.

P.S. I agree with "some bedroom DJ's can put headliners to shame."

I may be arrogant about this, but i know i'm one of them.

I wouldn't really trust that site. First off, DJ Icey is in the top 10. Second thing, I'M ranked in the top 10000. Hence, I probably wouldn't trust that site...

I can't say anything about Sperte, but I'm sure Rich more than held his own last night. The big difference is that I'm pretty sure he didn't play any 30 minute long remixes of "Safe from Harm" :laugh:

. . . Oh . . . And just so they can't say I wasn't thorough . . . . I'll tear apart your actual posts just for the fuck of it . . .

(all quotes are from Leftyschmo here . . :rolleyes: )

WHAT? He's not there?

I've never heard of the other two...

I may have to change plans then, I'd prefer to see the best, since most of my other friends don't like this kind of music, I'm stuck...

. . . Rookie . . And I'll tell you why. . . If your friends aren't versed in the world of beats, then there's no way they'd have an 'ear' to tell what's good and what's bad (except in the case of gabber . . but that's a given . . ) . . . so It wouldn't matter which DJ you took them to see . . .

Dammit! What's the point of being a resident DJ for a month @ Vinyl, if you're not going to do it. Even his freakin website says he's here tonight....

This stinks...

(I guess I'm left w/ Sander tomorrow, if that gets f'd up, not a very good 1st impression of the big apple...).

. . . For a month? . . . What planet you from son? . . . That party is a weekly and it's been going on for longer then you probably ever knew beats existed . . .

. . . On the second two little tidbits in the quote: You think we give a fuck what your impression of this city is? . . I mean, I've been guilty of bashing the organization of the club scene in New York, but having lived it for a time now . . I can honestly say I don't give a fuck anymore . . . But please, continue to shake that sabre at the fact that your pristine little plans got fucked up by Brooklyn's finest being over seas . . . . :rolleyes:. . .

thank you.

Response To Leftyschmuck's second post :

. . Again, all quotes are from the above mentioned perp:

. . . I know I am . . And I thank you for giving credit where it's due . . total writing time was about 30 seconds . . . I'll refrain from faulting you on that one tho, we can't expect something from every corner of the gene pool . . .

. . . Can't say I can . . never heard them . . but you know what, if I was a house freak, I'd trust Vinyl's decisions on who to book . . You know? . . I've gotten the impression that they're pretty good at bringing in house talent . . . Again, it's just a hunch . . . :rolleyes: . . .

. . See, this is a Rookie statement to the nth degree . . . Now you're bashing people that have worked very hard to get gigs in this city . . It aint easy . . . And also, 'the best' is a relative term unless we're talking about something easily quantifiable . .

. . . That's Superiority problems there son . . because quite frankly, in this game, I AM superior to you . . Plain and simple . . .:aright: . . .

. . . . I could respond to the rest of his shit . . but you know . . It just aint worth it . . .

well hello there dan wilson. how r ya?