Clubplanet Nightlife Community

James and Sasha

pod

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James was amazing .. he really stole the show. Sasha played some great tracks however including Cowpander and Wavy Gravy. However overalll I was definitely more excited over James' set. He's a good person as well and I hope we see him back real soon. That minimial shit he played to start off the night was great. He needs to open and close the night if he plays solo.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

Everything that rcrespo said and more. James is such a cool guy he spend 1/2 the night talking to "us" mostly the groupies Loraine and MAMA Barbie, he seemed to be enjoying it, cause he wouldn't exactly leave. I can't believe he is only 22 years old, he actually seems younger than that. James is sure as hell gonna be the next greatest DJ, and for all you saying that no one was gonna show up, HA! and HA! again, i've never seen crobar so packed, and the thing about it was that it was packed all the way till the end, until Sasha dropped his Wavey Gravey. Well time for bed. And Love to all of you who showed up for this AMAZING night. I also wanted to let everyone know that James' set is the best set i've ever heard live.

posted this over on the GU, but will pass along here:

man, this guy tore sh!t up tonight! the club was completely rammed til sasha played wavy gravy @ 5am to a room so filled w/ fog from cyrogenix he could hardly see the decks. i think james was a bit overwhelmed by the entire experience of a miami night. drag queens, weirdos and all. ;) sasha was good, but zabiela was on another level. miami loved his sounds. hope you had a good time bro!

oh, and for those who thought miami couldn't pull off a monday night out of season, just note that crobar turned away literally hundreds of people cause they were to capacity. all night!

g'night.

VERY VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!! Zabiela's set was GREAT!!!! He's also a very cool dude. :) (photos to come) I'd say he started the night up right with some funky tunes, scratching, cutting, dropping tracks.... WHOAH. :eek: Everything that has been said about him is true. Oh, Sorry Diego... he stole your title of "Papi Chulo." pimp.gif I even taught him how to say it. :laugh:

As far as Sasha's set goes... it wasn't bad. the crowd was definately FEELIN' it. I, however, was not. I noticed that he would drop some massive tracks here and there that would catch my attention but it seems that most of the tracks in between had a dated, trancey sound. NOT MY THING. At times it felt like being at a rave. flyer.gif Some of the CPers would have loved it! :tongue:

Overall the night was DYNAMIC and FUN. Crobar was packed until it closed. You all should have seen the look on Carmel's face @ 5:00am looking out onto the huge crowd still gathered below the DJ booth. It was pretty cool, especially since it was a Monday night. It actually felt cool to be coming home when everyone else was leaving to work. Hadn't done that in years.

Originally posted by staceyg5

nice calls @ 4am

u fewls should be glad that i can sleep through almost anything

It was Loraine, Zabiela and I. We were trying to crank call you. We're such losers, though... couldn't even hear the phone ringing so we all just gave up. :laugh:

Originally posted by Treepwood

I asked him how old was he when he started, he said he was 15.

Damn thats younge. Chris, Barbie, give andrew a couple more years and start him on it we never know he might be at zabiela's level when he is 15.

didnt his father own a record shop?

Originally posted by loraine

VERY VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!! Zabiela's set was GREAT!!!! He's also a very cool dude. :) (photos to come) I'd say he started the night up right with some funky tunes, scratching, cutting, dropping tracks.... WHOAH. :eek: Everything that has been said about him is true. Oh, Sorry Diego... he stole your title of "Papi Chulo." pimp.gif I even taught him how to say it. :laugh:

As far as Sasha's set goes... it wasn't bad. the crowd was definately FEELIN' it. I, however, was not. I noticed that he would drop some massive tracks here and there that would catch my attention but it seems that most of the tracks in between had a dated, trancey sound. NOT MY THING. At times it felt like being at a rave. flyer.gif Some of the CPers would have loved it! :tongue:

Overall the night was DYNAMIC and FUN. Crobar was packed until it closed. You all should have seen the look on Carmel's face @ 5:00am looking out onto the huge crowd still gathered below the DJ booth. It was pretty cool, especially since it was a Monday night. It actually felt cool to be coming home when everyone else was leaving to work. Hadn't done that in years.

Sounds like I should've gone :( Glad you guys had fun seeing that you never go out :D