Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn Spacious, Again :] (Book More Trance/Tech Talent)

djdekan

After Having the BEST Time ever at Space with Tiesto, Im trying again for some More Younger/Newer Talent.......

Marco V (Sept 13th) FREEEEEE and IN US.........

Armin (Do just as much Damage as Tiesto), with Ferry.....

Picotto better be back in October when he comes to the US...

Gielen in States NOW..... (Trance Energy 2002 Best Set Ever)

John "OO" Fleming ,Rank 1, Chris Liebing, Umek, DJ Rush, Adam Beyer, Pascal F.E.O.S, Marcel Woods, the list goes on.....

Basically, IF you were there for Tijs @ Space, u saw the crowd, felt the vibe, danced your ass of, had the time of your life and realize that trance is far from dead just need to spice it up a bit.... :)...

Robbie Rivera is gonna be at Spin on the 13th...that might be stretching the Space/Spin Friday budget a bit if Marco V is booked.

Mauro will be back, I'm sure of it.

John 00 Fleming isn't really that good live..he was at Space last year, there was maybe 200 people in the room, his mixing was off, and I wasn't thrilled with the track selection. Though I got a cool image of him...I remember the highlight of the night was Edgar finally going on around 5 AM.

The rest of those guys are too obscure to be booked as a headliner, the best bet would be to book them as an opener for a bigger trance or whatever you want to categorize these people as DJ.

Originally posted by pod

The rest of those guys are too obscure to be booked as a headliner, the best bet would be to book them as an opener for a bigger trance or whatever you want to categorize these people as DJ.

disagree you there Dan. Armin Van Buren and Ferry Corsten have spun in venues in the US; which are bigger then space, and have done quite well. Johan Gielen as far I know, has never done a major tour of the US.. however he is quite well known as a dj talent, and producer. if Johan’s performance during WMC were to serve as an indication, he would absolutely destroy Space. all of these folks have headlining ability. about two weeks ago, Space booked a relatively unknown dj in Tom Stephan, Tom destroyed the place. proving once again if you, expose people to quality talent; they will respond.:cool:

Pod, this is where i begin to disagree.. too.

I once thought the Miami Crowd had very little knowledge of music, trance whatever and that it had totally shifted to house. I saw for Tiesto that there is a "trance" crowd and they know there shit...... If you book the right djs people will come.

Enough of realing on PVD, DT, Deep Dish to bring in the crowd. This was Tiesto's 3rd Appearance and there was more people there then any of the others i just listed.

Obscure for me is james zabile, desyn, etc. And I think if Pvd/Lee Burridge fit in Space's Budget Marco and Robbie would do just fine. Maybe even Robbie @ Spin then Afterhours with Marco.

then what would be a guarantee, of a booking down here? clearly there is no set pattern. so one must rely on the clubber, and if history serves as an indication. we know Space is willing to give new and upcoming artist a platform. if we look purely at the numbers: Maruo Picotto, PVD, Tiesto, etc. have led the pack of successful performances at Space. trance is very much alive, and with a loyal audience.

Deke I think any of the aboved mentioned named would be great the greatest challenge would be to get RANK1. Benno does not like playing in the states as far as I know the closest they usually come is Canada. I would love to see Johan @SPACE I think he could teaR the place apart especially if his mixing and sound is anything close to his 2002 trance energy set. ALso love to see DJ JAIMY & Kenny D live @SPACE right along side Tiesto playing the best that Black hole has to offer now theres an idea!

Shut up &Trance

Latest Vinyladdictionz

CRW-Precious life(R.A.F. REMIX)

A V.B. FEAT RAY WILSON-YET ANOTHER DAY

RIVA-TIME IS THE HEALER(A.V.B. REMIX)

Warrior-Untitled

Guest saleen351

trance sucks

nov 12 club space Picotto, see you there

PS i will never go to any club with trance again, I"m not 18 years old, trance is well I'll qote picotto from his interview " hasn't changed in 3 years" and that is why he doen't play it...

as far as getting new talent or space opening up the decks for new talent, I got this quote from the space crew, quote "we need to crawl before we walk" my guys who played, vinyl, arc , tunnel, limelight, abyss temps, xs, merge, sound factory, roxy, world, exit and many others I guess are not qualified. :rolleyes:

But yet they book, Ivano Bellini, Dj niko, and my favorite of all, DJ NV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by djdekan

I once thought the Miami Crowd had very little knowledge of music, trance whatever and that it had totally shifted to house. I saw for Tiesto that there is a "trance" crowd and they know there shit...... If you book the right djs people will come.

How can you tell a crowd knows there shit.

It was a saturday night, most popular club in Miami, and Tiesto was spinning, did you expect it to not be packed? :D

Originally posted by CHRles

What about Kimball Collins? How big of a following does he have in South FL right now?

Kimball Collins did alot to expose the scene down here, however, he's not like what he used to be back in 1993-94 .. all his ICU and compilation releases suck. therefore IMO he sucks

Originally posted by mikeydny

How can you tell a crowd knows there shit.

It was a saturday night, most popular club in Miami, and Tiesto was spinning, did you expect it to not be packed? :D

expect it to be packed perhaps.. would one have expected, the crowd to go off as it did ?? I believe that’s the point, Pete is trying to convey. ;)

Originally posted by saleen351

PS i will never go to any club with trance again, I"m not 18 years old, trance is well I'll qote picotto from his interview " hasn't changed in 3 years" and that is why he doen't play it...

look I don’t want get into a debate, about what Mauro spins. I just want to point out a few things, " Back To Cali" which is Mauro’s new single; is as trancey as a track can get. the track is huge in Ibiza, and is actually part of many of Tiesto’s sets. the Push remix is sick, you should pick up a copy. you also may want to reference Trance Mix USA mixed by Blank and Jones. Mauro also has a track on there called "Iguana", listen to that track and tell me Mauro does not play trance.

Some people say you play hard house, some say trance, others say techno - how do you see it? "Who cares what you call it, the name is not important. I play the style I like and fortunately a few people agree with me. I'm fortunate." – Mauro Picotto

If you want to read the whole interview:

Mauro Interview

By the way just curious, where you got your quote from ??

Hey Deke there will always be a trance crowd especially for those of us that have been involved with the Miami club/music scene for the last 6 years its impossible not to appreciate the sounds that have cultivated Miami's style.

I think its hilarious how everyone dogs trance in here but yet when Tiesto,PVD, or any other international (TRANCE) DJ comes to Play @SPACE the turnout is nothing short of incredible.

Sunday Septmber 1st : SPACE :DANNY TENGALIA MARATHON

with Oscar g

DHM

Ivano Bellini

Friday September 13th : SPIN : ROBBIE RIVERA

Saturday September 14th : SPACE : JOHN CREAMER

Bedrock CD Release John Creamer Stephan K

Friday September 27th : SPACE : TAUCHER

Saturday September 28th : SPACE : Saeed & Palash

Friday October 4th : SPIN : DESYN MASIELLO

Saturday October 5th : SPACE : DANNY HOWELLS & DESYN

Friday October 11th : SPIN : ASHLEY CASSELLE

Saturday October 12th : SPACE : TOM STEPHAN

Saturday October 19th : SPACE : TIESTO Happy b-day Spacious

Upcoming :

SPIN - October 31st HAPPY HOWELL-WEEN (u guess the DJ)

SPACE - Wednesday November 27th - Judge Jules

SPACE - Friday November 29th - MAURO PICOTTO

No comment Saleen...

Mikey the crowd was ten times different then at PVD......, i walked around met up with people, Tiesto Loyalist, gatecrasher people, first time ive seen people stay for someones whole set..... (Both at PVd and Picotto it emptied). Also one of my pet peeves, NICE People, not dicks who when you bump into them there looking to cause afight. Everyone making sure evryone had a good time.....

Thanks Spacey for the info.......

I agree the crowd was very good...full of fans not people just shooting the shit. Space brings back Tiesto or Picotto I'll be there fo sure........................

TRANCE IS VERY ALIVE, eventhough a lot of people don't like it...

I mean come on for real because lets say 60% of miami doesn't like Trance shit in the 40% you're talking thousands of TRANCE FANS.......

Gimme a Break............................:eek: :eek:

TRANZ or DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sobeton, great reply there to Saleen! And I agree it would be great to see Ferry Corsten, Armin Van Buuren, Blank & Jones and so much other talent on the Trance tip.

Spacey, thx for letting everyone know about all these incredible upcoming events.

Digital, I appreciate your honest reply, but I gotta disagree. Kimball was one of America's pioneering Progressive house DJs in the early 90s, and one of America's pioneer Trance DJs in the mid 90s.

These days he plays mostly Trance, but also some great Progressive House (depending on the venue). And a lot of people don't seem to think he sucks according to this:

http://www.icupromo.net/tour/ArtistTourDates2002.shtml

L.A., Chicago, San Francisco, Detroit, DC, Boston, Vegas, Orlando, Houston, San Diego, Philly, Dallas, Austin, etc. as well as international gigs in places like Tokyo, Seoul, and Taipei is pretty impressive. He was also one of the first American progressive DJs asked to come and spin in the UK in 94.

Which again leads me to wonder why Miami, which is still big on Trance, not on that list....

Originally posted by sobeton

expect it to be packed perhaps.. would one have expected, the crowd to go off as it did ?? I believe that’s the point, Pete is trying to convey. ;)

THATS !!!! whut im sayin !!im sick of people labeling music !! if its a sick track , & it makes the crowd go nutts ...play that shit !! cause thats whut itsall about !! THE FUCKING CROWD !! not the couple of dickheads that wont listen to a sick ass track cause its either this or that !! thats bullshit !! im a very proud person to know that im one of those few people that can appreciate music period ... & i can talk music with the most experienced musician anywhere...whether hes a dj, in a band or whutever !! i have tracks that alot of djs here or anywhere never heard in their lives .. tony can vouch for that ..i also know there are tracks out there ive never heard .. my point is ..love music for music !! dont hate it cause its a certain kind of music .. if its good enjoy it !! whether it be playin it, singin it or spinning it !! peace !

p.s. there were a few trance haters there on saturday that were like " GOTTDAAAAAAYYYYUUUUUMMMMMM !! to a certain few trance tracks tiesto played !! :D you know who you are :D