Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G - Dark Beat....

mikeydny

I am one of the few djs who respects my fans, whether I agree with them or not, I also play what the people want, whether I happen to like it or not, that is what being a dj is all about, as for 5 minutes of fame and the party I did yesterday. I didn't look at it that way, I've played many clubs as resident or guest and will continue to do so. I would play Dark Beat, in the right room for the right crowd, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what remixes come out on the vinyl Twisted puts out, its one of my favorite labels, since they started years ago. I have plenty of Oscar G's mixes from back in the day. My personal opinion, as a listener, not a dj, is that the record won't last long, and will be quickly replaced by the records I see coming out in the next month. Take my opinion for what its worth. As a dj, I have the luxury (or task) of reviewing many records of many different types of music each month, and generally speaking, I am pretty accurate with my predictions on how a record will do. It doesn't come from anything else but experience, I can listen to a record with an open mind, evaluate it for what it is, who it will reach, its just something you learn to do over time. Its nice to be able to judge a record you hear in a club as a hit, try listening to it before it hits a crowd, its a little more difficult. I've played many records my crowd loved, that I didn't particularly care for or was sick of, thats just the way the business is.

here’s my prediction.. if the track gets released; it’s going to blow up big time. it will probably chart for several months. I foresee several remixes, by other artist thus extending it’s club life. I have been on the dance floor several times, when the track has been played, and I have never seen people react so positively to a track. that is the true measure, of the success of a track. in dance music there is no true formula; which can be used to measure the longevity of a track. so we wait and see.. ;)

Lets all wait and see. Enough of the predictions. I'm glad there is a new "Anthem" I can remember when anthems used to come out every month or so, I personally feel the music in the club scene is going through a change and its just taking a while for everything to adjust, whether its the war, economy, or what, I have no idea, I do know that the progressive/trance thing seems to be dying finally, if its not already dead. Oh, by the way, my opinion of Dark Beat is not only my own, I've played for a few clubheads, and got different reactions, and I've discussed it with more than a few people with varying opinions, All of them are valid, just different. Thats why I want to wait and see. I'm actually picking up a bunch of new stuff this week in the city, see if there is a new "anthem" waiting for me.

Originally posted by djoscarg

DARK BEAT SUCKS!!!

Now....on the other hand....."Fired Up" was a real song with some substance!!!!!

you tell em' pulse!!!!

:D

:laugh: ..i personally like the song, even if it didnt have the vocals...the vocals are just another good addition to the song...its going to be played for a while, great "peak time" song...Fawkin Bellini played it as his 3rd track in his set, at 1 am!!! it went downhill after that....he put me to sleep with everything after that...My God!!!! Please put Roly at Spin!!! For God's sake...me, meli24 and Dizzyscarlet counted 5 times that Bellini played Shiny Disco Balls!!!! :blown:

ps

Dark Beat - - Oscar great track!!!:D

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

:laugh: ..i personally like the song, even if it didnt have the vocals...the vocals are just another good addition to the song...its going to be played for a while, great "peak time" song...Fawkin Bellini played it as his 3rd track in his set, at 1 am!!! it went downhill after that....he put me to sleep with everything after that...My God!!!! Please put Roly at Spin!!! For God's sake...me, meli24 and Dizzyscarlet counted 5 times that Bellini played Shiny Disco Balls!!!! :blown:

ps

Dark Beat - - Oscar great track!!!:D

its amazing the guys they book down here. on one hand sout florida gets the best talent outside london, yet we have people like IB, dj nv, and dj niko booked..:confused:

comming to lauderdale will be some hot shit... ;) it will fill your , not a hardcore clubbing night, but a semi hard core night with cheep drinks, cheep women and great beats..... I've taken matters into my own hands...;)

I agree with Oscar G...Dark drums suck! I like Bongos better.

"I parked Bruce Sprinsteens car one day in NJ,,,, I guess that makes me qualified as a rock musician....."

Saleen you crack me up!

DJ Pulse...do you have one? A pulse I mean...How many BPMs?

CONO! DE PINGA!

Originally posted by spacious

I agree with Oscar G...Dark drums suck! I like Bongos better.

"I parked Bruce Sprinsteens car one day in NJ,,,, I guess that makes me qualified as a rock musician....."

Saleen you crack me up!

DJ Pulse...do you have one? A pulse I mean...How many BPMs?

CONO! DE PINGA!

:laugh: :laugh: