Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscar G - Dark Beat....

mikeydny

Originally posted by rcrespo

Its murk - dark beat .. and what do you mean leaked? I have yet to hear it ..

Its signed to Twisted if you don't know.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

From what I know it was only Oscar.G, and LEAKED meaning every one and there mother has it, cuz it was ripped to mp3 and now its on every ones computer, well atleast in New York.

yes its leaked, but you know that was going to happpen. Its the equivalent of Zombie Nation from 3 years ago, nothing great, if it wasn't for the campy vocals that clubheads can chant when they are wacked no one would even notice the track. If you ask me Disco Balls has more energy. Overall the music has just been week lately, but its picking up finally, look for big things in September.

I think Dark Beat was designed to be an anthem of sorts. It makes no pretention to be otherwise. You could consider Disco Balls an anthem too.

Both tracks are good though, and I'll be the first to admit to being a dancing fool when either of them come on!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobeton

it's "anthemish" because the track has words in it, people can get off too. the beats are plain sick.. . shinny disco balls or a zombie nation are not even comparable.

amen

thepulse, get the cotton out of your ears, comparing dark beat to shiny disco balls is just plain wrong....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by thepulse

Fired Up from 1997, but the record had to leak so the guidos can learn the words before the end of summer,LOL, Cotton in my ears, I think NOT!! It may be an anthem for about a month. Watch and learn, it will be played by mid September.

if oscar and DT were the only ones playing it, then no, it would be around for a long time, but since djs and companies need to learn NOT TO PUT OUT PROMOS, OR FIGURE OUT A WAY TO PUT THE WORD OUT WITH OUT IT LEAKING THEN, WE WILL NEVER HAVE A LONG RUNNING TRACK, LIKE THE OLD DAYS..

The track is good, not great, there is one hook, the vocal, which is one verse, the record has no substance therefore no longevity potential. People generally get bored with things quickly. Past Examples: Revolution, Shiny Disco Balls, Zombie Nation, All good but limited shelf life.

Fired Up from 1997, but the record had to leak so the guidos can learn the words before the end of summer,LOL, Cotton in my ears, I think NOT!! It may be an anthem for about a month. Watch and learn, it will be played by mid September.

"Fired Up " charted on billboard and all over the world for well over a month, and is considered a dance classic. so what's your point? if it’s an anthem it won’t be popular, for more then a month. ?obviously you need to listen, to the track a little more. your analysis is weak.. you can look into your crystal ball and tell what tracks have longevity ? if you know anything about dance music, then you should know the life of a track is very unpredictable. something you should consider. a well done remix can ignite; even the most dated track. while I understand you may not be particularly fond of the track, neither your opinion our mine really matters. the ultimate longevity of a track is very unpredictable. not everyone becomes bored of things; as quickly as you may think. . "watch and Learn " wise words my friend..

DARK BEAT SUCKS!!!

Now....on the other hand....."Fired Up" was a real song with some substance!!!!!

you tell em' pulse!!!!

:D

When Dark Beat in dead and buried. Like I said, its good, its catchy, campy vocals are cute, I can see all the guidos clapping their hands, fist pumping, stomping, etc while they chant the little verse, but thats it. I personally just prefer records, The Reina Track is very good, The Thunderpuss mixes of Whitney's new one are off the hook, Those records will fare much better/longer on the billboard charts than Dark Beat. As for knowing something about Dance Music, well I know this much its always changing, I've been spinning since 1983, not because I knew anything though, I guess it was all luck, LOL. Just finished djing an engagement party for a very successfull dance music producer last night too. But I don't know what I'm talking about.

Guest saleen351

When Dark Beat in dead and buried. Like I said, its good, its catchy, campy vocals are cute, I can see all the guidos clapping their hands, fist pumping, stomping, etc while they chant the little verse, but thats it. I personally just prefer records, The Reina Track is very good, The Thunderpuss mixes of Whitney's new one are off the hook, Those records will fare much better/longer on the billboard charts than Dark Beat. As for knowing something about Dance Music, well I know this much its always changing, I've been spinning since 1983, not because I knew anything though, I guess it was all luck, LOL. Just finished djing an engagement party for a very successfull dance music producer last night too. But I don't know what I'm talking about.

I parked Bruce Sprinsteens car one day in NJ,,,, I guess that makes me qualified as a rock musician.....

:laugh: :laugh: this is hilarious. bro what you sound like is a jealous little kid. so you’re a DJ..should we should take your opinions as fact? I think not.. your argument for the longevity, of the track is weak, as is your analysis, and criticism. been spinning since 1983.. what can you put forth, which would make you, sound less like a DJ of limited talent; that never quite made the cut.. looking for his shot in the spotlight .. you got it, but I’m less then impressed. .

Originally posted by sobeton

[b been spinning since 1983.. what can you put forth, which would make you, sound less like a DJ of limited talent; that never quite made the cut.. looking for is 5 minutes of fame ? you got it, but I’m less then impressed. .

:laugh: :laugh:

Dj No Clue..................

Just finished djing an engagement party for a very successfull dance music producer last night too. But I don't know what I'm talking about.

:laugh: :laugh:

My friend dj'd a Bar Mitzvah once, so I guess he can be an opener at Space:confused:

L:D

who I have seen critique, song after song, dj after dj, on this board and other board but have never djed themselves I won't sweat your remarks. sometimes I actually agree with you guys, this time I don't. But God forbid someone actually disagrees with one of you guys or doesn't fit into your opinion of what "good" is.

Lets just let the track take its course and see what tracks and producer/dj you guys are jocking in September. Oscar G has been around for a long time, and does great work, I take the track for what its worth, As for me making it or not, everyone measures success in different ways, personally my longevity is one way I measure my own. Will I get into production, and eventually put out a record/track that you all like, who knows, we'll see, that would be a trip now wouldn't it. I'm glad to see you all love the track, the club scene needed an anthem, regardless of what it is.

who I have seen critique, song after song, dj after dj, on this board and other board but have never djed themselves I won't sweat your remarks. sometimes I actually agree with you guys, this time I don't. But God forbid someone actually disagrees with one of you guys or doesn't fit into your opinion of what "good" is.

Lets just let the track take its course and see what tracks and producer/dj you guys are jocking in September. Oscar G has been around for a long time, and does great work, I take the track for what its worth, As for me making it or not, everyone measures success in different ways, personally my longevity is one way I measure my own. Will I get into production, and eventually put out a record/track that you all like, who knows, we'll see, that would be a trip now wouldn't it. I'm glad to see you all love the track, the club scene needed an anthem, regardless of what it is.

the track has not officially been released. so there are quite, a number of people who have not heard the track. part of being a DJ is respecting your fans, and your peers. judging from your post, you seem to lack an understanding of either.