Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT is pissed.......Arc better get their act together

Originally posted by DANNY TENAGLIA

As hard as I have tried, obviously if you were at Vinyl last night, you can tell I have exceeded my limits in trying to go along with the "ARC" program. Well, I am NOT having the way they continually baby-sit me and the sound system ALA Twilo, and I miss our old set up terribly. I held this in for several weeks now hoping it would improve, but it's only getting worse.

I DO NOT NEED NOISE POLICE CONTINUALLY LOWERING VOLUMES ON ME FROM THE "AMP ROOM" AND MAKING ME SOUND ALL DISTORTED! I'M FED UP AND I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

I will write more later as I have not slept yet and will write about each topic mentioned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS FOR RIGHT NOW, I, DANNY TENAGLIA, WILL NOT RETURN TO VINYL/ARC UNTIL I AM 100% ABSOLUTELY SURE NO ONE WILL DARE STEP ONE FOOT IN THE AMP ROOM AND MESS WITH "MY" LEVELS. I DO NOT NEED NO NOIZE POLICE TELLING ME HOW LOUD TO PLAY BECAUSE THEIR JOB IS TO KEEP ME AT A CERTAIN DECIBELS ........ IT'S JUST DISCO SCIENTIST BULLSHIT !!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** THIS IS NO JOKE AND JUST MAY BE THE END OF "BE YOURSELF" @ 6 HUBERT STREET.

BUT DON'T YOU ALL WORRY, THERE ARE PUHLENTY OF OTHER OPTIONS! WE CAN "BE OURSELF" SOMEWHERE ELSE IF WE HAVE TO"! ALTHOUGH I'D RATHER NOT, SOOOO, WE'LL SEE ?? SO, SORRY ARC. I HAVE TO SPEAK MY MIND. (especially after it SOUNDING like SHIT last night).

It would just be a shame after almost 4 years, all of a sudden I am no longer in control of what I love so much, and in a room I once considered absolutely magical.

They are slowly taking the magic away from me by limiting the sound the way they have been, and at this stage of my career ------> Thank God I simply DO NOT have to put up with it.

I will build my own party space if I have to...... and I am!

DT's club??? now THATS something to look forward to...

mmm... that's interesting. I just wonder if danny starts his own club, will it be total cheese because there will be so much hype behind it? Or will it be a space more like the early days of DT at vinyl that I wasn't old enough to attend when they were supposedly in their prime at the beginning?

does anyone maybe think thats not really DT posting that shit???

and DT and cheesy dont really go together in my mind. whereever DT goes, i'm sure it'll be a place better than Arc/Vinyl.

but the Phazon in there is pretty ill, so where ever he goes, Phazon better follow.

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

does anyone maybe think thats not really DT posting that shit???

and DT and cheesy dont really go together in my mind. whereever DT goes, i'm sure it'll be a place better than Arc/Vinyl.

but the Phazon in there is pretty ill, so where ever he goes, Phazon better follow.

thats directly from danny's website... he ACTUALLY responds and posts on his message forum, unlike other "too cool to posts" djs...

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

mmm... that's interesting. I just wonder if danny starts his own club, will it be total cheese because there will be so much hype behind it? Or will it be a space more like the early days of DT at vinyl that I wasn't old enough to attend when they were supposedly in their prime at the beginning?

You are 100% correct.

BOTH will happen with complete seperation of each other and the people will become (and always be) divided from that point on.

. . It seems to me Danny boy can't understand the concept of either normalization or clipping . . . If he wants it louder, then maybe Brooklyn's finest should spring for another coupla amps to reinforce the system more . . . The only reason the engineers are doing that is because they don't want to DESTROY the phazon system while it's being used . . . . :rolleyes: . . .

well, DT likes his music reeeeeaaally loud. in the pre-phazon days at vinyl the DB level was way high, maybe even dangerously high. my ears would buzz entire saturday after i was Being Myself.

but, hey, DT is the dj, he makes the calls, and if anyone is too senstive, they should wear earplugs or use some other kind of protection... for their ears...

is there a law for a max DB level at clubs?

iv been hearing alot,. from all source's kinda surounding the Hoopla>>>concerning ^ Hubert St>>>>and

well the neighbors are compaining....

because with the new system, i guess its sending low Freq> threw out the building, and its making people in the building >upset

\

guess its hard to sleep when your bed is shaking. lol?

and everything else i dont know to much about, i do know that when Twilo was open, they always Monitored the system, for 2 reasons, one> was because when paul van dyk, came on, or s&D they allways had a set level for them> Meaning, they were to always sound> LOUDER AND BETTER than ANY OTHER DJ> there level's of sound were never to be set for any other Dj> or any Crowd> other than there Crowd, and themself's>

so that there "sound" would always have something more to it

Brain Washing if u ask me> LOL

and 2> Phazon never, wanted the System to Blow, or get broken

so they would never let the System Fully> PUMP

this is a list of Reason's why i recently decided not to go with Phazon for instaling there System in a club i am working on right now.....i decided to go with somone cheaper, and more TASTY

Dont get me wrong they are good but they could be better>

and FUCK there price tag is SICK>>> way to much........LOL

i wonder where danny would go?

i really dont wanna see him at SF...but it seems likely...

id rather him be at a smaller Space... ala Spa,Centro, WHATEVER

lol

. . . ok, I'll give you guys the sub frequencies shaking the furniture 5 stories up, but there's ways to work around that with shielding . . . I'm sure with a little more investment, they could find the answer . . . As far as the system being louder, i'm still gonna say, again, that they need more POWER to get there without ripping those cones to shreds . . . Any speaker manufacturer will tell you that speaker failure, 9 times out of 10, is the result of the amplification equipment being OVER DRIVEN causing clipping which in turn causes failure . . . most speakers, even ones designed for the home, can handle wattage well beyond what they're rating is . . . you just gotta have the equipment that can supply that wattage without straining itself . . .

. . I'd be hanging off his nuts to keep it down (or at least OUT OF THE REDLINE . . REMEMBER, RED ON THE VU METER IS NOT A GOOD THING! ) as well, until more reinforcement could be bought and deployed . . .

its a shame this twilo-esque brainwashing phazon shit has to ruin what was a great party... if its not one thing its another, it seems... everybody who is clued in to that party knows the effort dt and friends put in to make it a great experience. the crowd had 'cleaned up' its act as everybody who HONESTLY cared about the musik and the party did NOT openly allow any one they knew to use substances in there... it was about the musik! and now danny refuses to play there without changes in arc's sound policy!

SO frustrating for us, the musik lovers, and dt, no doubt!

But if someone had to say something about the new system glad it came from dt himself! The thing aint loud enough. True my ears rang after friday parties w/the system of days past... however when was the last time chills ran down your spine, and you just HAD to dance, the bassline literally moving you? There were some great nights, and since the new system (and before that due to other reasons ;) ), it really hasnt been the same:eek:

Originally posted by neptune1

its a shame this twilo-esque brainwashing phazon shit has to ruin what was a great party... if its not one thing its another, it seems... everybody who is clued in to that party knows the effort dt and friends put in to make it a great experience. the crowd had 'cleaned up' its act as everybody who HONESTLY cared about the musik and the party did NOT openly allow any one they knew to use substances in there... it was about the musik! and now danny refuses to play there without changes in arc's sound policy!

SO frustrating for us, the musik lovers, and dt, no doubt!

But if someone had to say something about the new system glad it came from dt himself! The thing aint loud enough. True my ears rang after friday parties w/the system of days past... however when was the last time chills ran down your spine, and you just HAD to dance, the bassline literally moving you? There were some great nights, and since the new system (and before that due to other reasons ;) ), it really hasnt been the same:eek:

. . . . Ok, well how bout this . . . You can write me a check for about half a million dollars .. I'll then take that money and install a brand spanking new, fully customized sound system then proceed to take my most punishing rekkerds and smash the shit out of it by overdriving it well beyond its posted limits . . .

Initial value of investement: $500,000

Final value of investment (after I'm done wrecking it) : $100 (scrap can be scavenged)

. . . I think, for this thread, we need to concentrate on the neighbor issue . . cause that's the real evil in this case . . . DT ranting about not being able to play loud is a bitch move and shows that he doesn't take interest in building the sound system properly to suit his volume . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . I think, for this thread, we need to concentrate on the neighbor issue . . cause that's the real evil in this case . . . DT ranting about not being able to play loud is a bitch move and shows that he doesn't take interest in building the sound system properly to suit his volume . . .

wouldn't sound proofing be really expensive too?

Originally posted by phuturephunk

DT ranting about not being able to play loud is a bitch move and shows that he doesn't take interest in building the sound system properly to suit his volume . . .

dt didnt build the system...

maybe now that he is complaining he actually CAN have input into making the system work for him - not a bitch move at all!

:)

Very Tru

if people just went the extra mile, Maybe half the shit that happens in this city, would not happen, Atleast in clubLand.

if they take the Building> OK

map everything out, and poke around and shit, and REALLY Sounded in the FLOOR, THE WALLS the Celiling, and even do the same for the EMPTY FLOOR Above it, spend the xtra money in doing this, and save Money by not loosing one of the words most Musicly involved NIGHT"S

Danny's BE YOURSELF @ ARC

or say fuck it, and leave the club, move to some Warehouse in Brooklyn, and fuck it, lol

Originally posted by neptune1

dt didnt build the system...

maybe now that he is complaining he actually CAN have input into making the system work for him - not a bitch move at all!

:)

. . . yes, he should indeed have input . . but the way that he's gone about voicing his complaints up until this point gives the impression that he's ignorant as to how sound reinforcement systems work . . . You can't just turn the gain up and up . . . It doesn't work that way . . and in the case of Phazon systems their calling card is loud, CLEAR sound reproduction . . . By overdriving that system and clipping it, you're effectly destroying what you paid for . . .